Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 3 - Flyers Rumors and Media Mentions: Never Ending Circles

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Deady, I don’t think you were back yet but they released a promo video for the draft this year that included some footage from their draft scouting meetings. Holmgren had a seat at the table. So did Jones. Lombardi and Murray did not.
But I was told years ago that Holmgren was retired and had no influence over CF?

I'm sure it was a courtesy thing, you know if Holmgren had any pull they'd have garnered a veteran center in the offseason. Plus, it's not like Holmgren ever put much stock in the draft, much less utter the word "rebuilding."

Reactions: Don Nachbaur 26

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
if you don't have a Nicky D dressed against certain teams our smaller, quicker guys will get run at to slow them down - that's the NHL, the battle for "real estate". Over the course of the season we'll lose players because of the abuse . Nick D STAYS and dresses when necessary ! 👮‍♂️

Thank god Deslauriers was on the ice to protect Hathaway! Imagine if he wasn't, Hathway could have been absolutely smoked out there!

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Brink was piss poor for a long stretch.

We'll see if he takes advantage of this offseason to work on his skating and get stronger, because he got manhandled a lot last season.

I think he can be a serious offense threat with the right linemates, but he also needs to raise his game a notch, he's not a speedster or ultra-quick, he depends on his vision but also needs to learn to use leverage to handle traffic.

One reason they used 7 D-men was with Risto out they didn't have a lot of D-men who were used to playing 20+ minutes a night. They overworked York - Sanheim, but even then, most of their D-men were more 15-17 minute types.

He was signed to a veteran minimum, which means there was almost zero net cap impact (b/c you'd have to replace him with a similar contract).

Nor is it wasted roster space, since the 7th D-man takes up space in the press box, which is not where you want a real prospect - if he was replaced by Ginning or Attard, it would mean they were considered non-prospects, and in that case, the veteran who can mentor kids makes more sense.
Seeler RR Sanheim are enough vets. You have said many time those 2 are no longer prospects. I agree.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Not sure why you guys are so harsh on the Flyers....

The performance of the Philadelphia Flyers can vary from season to season, so it depends on when you're asking! Historically, they've had successful periods, winning Stanley Cups and having strong playoff runs. However, like any team, their performance can fluctuate based on factors like player injuries, team dynamics, and overall league competitiveness. As of my last update, they've had ups and downs but are generally considered a competitive team in the NHL.
And you have me on ignore?!?

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Not sure why you guys are so harsh on the Flyers....

The performance of the Philadelphia Flyers can vary from season to season, so it depends on when you're asking! Historically, they've had successful periods, winning Stanley Cups and having strong playoff runs. However, like any team, their performance can fluctuate based on factors like player injuries, team dynamics, and overall league competitiveness. As of my last update, they've had ups and downs but are generally considered a competitive team in the NHL.
Thanks, ChatGPTorts!

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Heading home this afternoon for one of the yearly golf rodeos. Will most likely run into everyone’s fav ex Flyer ?

Any polite questions ? Think I would ask how much he still butts in lol.

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017

Thank god Deslauriers was on the ice to protect Hathaway! Imagine if he wasn't, Hathway could have been absolutely smoked out there!

nice it .....Hathaway can handle himself

I'm referring to the MM's, Farabee's, Frosts, Brinks, Drysdales and Yorks.....

but then you already knew that :nod:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The only value Deslauriers has in terms of protection is to get into a fight and get an asshole off the ice for an extended period, like Rempe on the Rangers. Flyers happy to play 11 v 11 in that case.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
The only value Deslauriers has in terms of protection is to get into a fight and get an asshole off the ice for an extended period, like Rempe on the Rangers. Flyers happy to play 11 v 11 in that case.
If a player's only value involves taking said player off the ice, then maybe you shouldn't be putting that player on the roster.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
If they aren't afraid of hitting Hathaway they aren't afraid of hitting any of the others

NHL players aren't afraid of each other.
How is Deslauriers even going to protect players like Frost or Michkov, he's not on the ice the same time they are?

He can't even protect a teammate when he's draped over the dude about to steamroll said teammate.

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

So, hear me out, let’s replace him with someone who provides value, but is also willing to punch faces. That’s like adding a whole extra player to the roster for free.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
nice it .....Hathaway can handle himself

I'm referring to the MM's, Farabee's, Frosts, Brinks, Drysdales and Yorks.....

but then you already knew that :nod:
Like when he stood there and watched Attard get his face pounded in?

So literally no purpose at all. Glad we cleared that up

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I just want a plan.

With Fletcher there was no direction what so ever. There was a sell move followed by a buy followed by an all in. Followed by a step back.

With Briere it’s more about timeline. He signs Konecny, Hathaway, and doesn’t trade Laughton. But then passes on a top Dman and trades a 2024 1st to 2025. Jett is someone who you will need to wait on to get the value you drafted him for. I am very much ok waiting until Michkov is 24 to having our ducks in a row. But then all moves need to be built off of that.

Reactions: BernieParent

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
So, hear me out, let’s replace him with someone who provides value, but is also willing to punch faces. That’s like adding a whole extra player to the roster for free.
Well, it would help if we could find these guys.
One reason they're high on McDonald, big (6'4 230), tough but reportedly can also play defense.
Allison had potential, but couldn't stay healthy and the dings added up.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00