Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 3 - Flyers Rumors and Media Mentions: Never Ending Circles

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Yes. Andrae is a worse candidate to sit in the press box when he could be playing every day for LHV, and his upside (at least according to Appleyard) is a 2nd pair D-man.

Andrae doesn't have to beat out Johnson, he has to beat out Zamula.
Agree, Ginning or Attard are not.

Even if eh did beat Zamula they wont risk putting Zamula on waivers imo. Goes back to why again no need to bring back Seeler.

Sanheim, York, JD, Risto your top 4. Zamula Andrae Attard Ginning for the last 3 spots.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
We can’t hand wave Hayes like anyone but Briere made the choice to go down that road. Same goes for Peterson.

Seeler is also 30+. Extending a UFA is even more impactful than simply signing one because it costs you the contract plus the assets. With that being said, I don’t have a problem with keeping Seeler. If they’re going to give too much term for one guy like that on the back end who is effective on the ice, I’ll deal with it. It’s the constant need for quantity with assets that stack in horrific ways. If Seeler doesn’t eliminate the need for the Johnsons and Staals, then why are you paying him real money and trading assets for them on top?
That's an extremely good point about Seeler. Unless they think Johnson is only going to play a hand for games which I doubt. With the term and money that he signed for it's really not that bad, what the point that you made turns it from not that bad too horrible because they do the Johnson thing every year.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
We can’t hand wave Hayes like anyone but Briere made the choice to go down that road. Same goes for Peterson.

Seeler is also 30+. Extending a UFA is even more impactful than simply signing one because it costs you the contract plus the assets. With that being said, I don’t have a problem with keeping Seeler. If they’re going to give too much term for one guy like that on the back end who is effective on the ice, I’ll deal with it. It’s the constant need for quantity with assets that stack in horrific ways. If Seeler doesn’t eliminate the need for the Johnsons and Staals, then why are you paying him real money and trading assets for them on top?

"They were going to do something stupid so it is good they did a less stupid thing than they could have" is a line I spoke about The Footskin Commanders many times

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Open question: when the first injury on D happens, who will be put into the lineup first? Andrae/Attard/Ginning or Johnson?
You know the answer already; it's EJ.
One of the biggest impediments to the Flyers development this season is the guy behind the bench. After this season he has only one year left on his deal. He's not going into next season as a lame duck coach. He'll be pulling all the strings that he can to get either an extension or a shot in the FO. Wins get him there not losses. Every move that he makes this season will be to get him to his promised land. Player development won't matter.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
One of the biggest impediments to the Flyers development this season is the guy behind the bench. After this season he has only one year left on his deal. He's not going into next season as a lame duck coach. He'll be pulling all the strings that he can to get either an extension or a shot in the FO. Wins get him there not losses. Every move that he makes this season will be to get him to his promised land. Player development won't matter.
Player development is not something you do at the NHL level. That's why teams have AHL affiliates.
If there is a short-term injury, EJ would fill in.
If there's a long-term injury, and someone is ready, they'll be brought up.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
We all know he's gonna flop to his 1000 nhl games played. It's just gonna take a bit longer because Torts will scratch him at the last minute. Also I expect 11f 7d thing to happen again.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
You could add Nicky D to that also.
well hes MMs enforcer so yea hes getting 23 mins. every nite now.

🤣🤣🤣

I have a better chance of being the 7th D in my monogamous relationship than EJ has of being the 7th D on this team.
post of the godam year right here..

🤣🤣😭

this needs to be the lockersign for this year meme....

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Player development is not something you do at the NHL level. That's why teams have AHL affiliates.
If there is a short-term injury, EJ would fill in.
If there's a long-term injury, and someone is ready, they'll be brought up.

Player development is absolutely something you do at the NHL level. Development is a never ending process. Every single NHL player who has ever played and ever will play develops at the NHL level.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Who is EJ going to play over? Risto is the 3RHD.

It's obvious they don't trust Attard, but I suspect that's on Shaw not Torts.
If Shaw thought he could coach up Attard, like he has with Risto, they'd commit to him.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Who is EJ going to play over? Risto is the 3RHD.

It's obvious they don't trust Attard, but I suspect that's on Shaw not Torts.
If Shaw thought he could coach up Attard, like he has with Risto, they'd commit to him.

Any of the people he played over to finish the season last year.

Tortorella also loved to run 7D for no reason.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Any of the people he played over to finish the season last year.

Tortorella also loved to run 7D for no reason.
There was a simple reason, at times last year he didn't have 12 NHL caliber forwards to dress.
When he ran 7D, he benched Deslauriers most of those games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad