Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 2, More Flyers Rumors & Media Mentions: Say It Like You Mean It

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Essentially who is at fault if this year's pick does what Cutter did...does the kid get ripped again or do people start looking at the team not really doing their due diligence
So do they get credit as an organization for knowing MM wanted to be a Flyer and stole him at 7? And that’s kinda a big jump that everyone doesn’t want to play in Philly. As a flyer fan you must be ecstatic that the # 2 consensus pick last year played his cards just right to come to the organization he really wanted to play for.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
So do they get credit as an organization for knowing MM wanted to be a Flyer and stole him at 7? And that’s kinda a big jump that everyone doesn’t want to play in Philly. As a flyer fan you must be ecstatic that the # 2 consensus pick last year played his cards just right to come to the organization he really wanted to play for.
That totally has nothing to do with what I actually asked

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I'm inclined to just say f*** it, pay whatever price necessary to get Demidov and make this the SKA rebuild. At least it'd be exciting.

I don't see any way Columbus trades that far down though. Hopefully Waddell can be convinced.

Once they have Farabee or Laughton and the picks, they can trade them back to #5 with a 6th in return as change

Reactions: Redpath

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Offer panthers or Avs pick , but f*** me sideways do not trade our 1st next year.
Honestly. If it gets them Demidov, and that would make MM super happy. I'd probably offer just about anything to do it.

I'm inclined to just say f*** it, pay whatever price necessary to get Demidov and make this the SKA rebuild. At least it'd be exciting.

I don't see any way Columbus trades that far down though. Hopefully Waddell can be convinced.
This is where I'm at too

Reactions: Redpath

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
They could've just tanked if they wanted a higher pick
If they can make a deal around middling pieces and picks for the higher end picks, it sorta proves you don't need to.

Trade decent players for 1sts, then use those to trade up? I'm fine with that strategy vs tanking.

Problem atm is that the top 5 pick hasn't come into fruition.

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
Imagine a world where the Flyers had traded Konecny last offseason to someone like Ottawa or Buffalo for a 1st+

Their own pick would be in the range they are trying to trade into, and the OTT/BUF 1st would still probably be in the top 15

Yes the Flyers could have had a higher pick this year, but they tried to culture their way to the playoffs and failed miserably.

Now they are trying to use assets to get into the pick range they should have been at anyway and some posters on here praise the management (yea I'm trying to poke the bear here. Not being negative just stating facts about the current org)

Reactions: BiggE and Tarpongg

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Yes the Flyers could have had a higher pick this year, but they tried to culture their way to the playoffs and failed miserably.

Now they are trying to use assets to get into the pick range they should have been at anyway and some posters on here praise the management (yea I'm trying to poke the bear here. Not being negative just stating facts about the current org)

There's a part of me desperately trying to cope with this management that wonders if this year was imposed on DB, and he had to prove that it left us screwed over before he got to do what he wanted. Almost certainly not, but still...

Reactions: CerpinTaxt

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018

Didn’t the current organization do their due diligence/homework last year and knew the #2 consensus pick wanted to be a flyer and stole him? Secret meetings as mm let it be known to other teams he’d be in Russia for 3 years. Almost seems like this management team was tipped off to the fact what transpired was a possibility. Did they really fail “miserably”

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018

Didn’t the current organization do their due diligence/homework last year and knew the #2 consensus pick wanted to be a flyer and stole him? Secret meetings as mm let it be known to other teams he’d be in Russia for 3 years. Almost seems like this management team was tipped off to the fact what transpired was a possibility. Did they really fail “miserably”

LegionOfGloom

Jun 9, 2021
This. If I was a media member, my first question to Briere would be that you justified not tanking because you said high picks weren't needed. Now you wanted a high pick and ended up trading all of these assets.

Of course, instead the media will ask hard hitting questions like did you ever imagine the new era of orange would go so well?

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
What!? You could offer sheet anyone for that much value. That crazy. There is no consensus 3 OA let alone 4 OA. Stay put or even trade back if that’s the value.
Both Laughton and Atkinson have negative value for me. But I hope Columbus sees Laughton as a valuable piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad