Euro: The Official 2024 Euro Germany Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who wins?

• Germany

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spain

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Italy

• England

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • France

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Netherlands

• Belgium

• Portugal

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
He's very good but a late bloomer and can be a bit conflictive with coaches. Happy for him anyway, rags to riches story, guy had a Charles Dickens like childhood, orphaned, dirt poor, the whole story.
Oh damn, I wanted Arsenal to get him more so than Lunin but I also found that Nita is also 36 years old.

Reactions: luiginb

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Oh damn, I wanted Arsenal to get him more so than Lunin but I also found that Nita is also 36 years old.
He only first started for the NT at 30, but that had more to do with Tatarusanu's longevity, who's still playing in Saudi.

However Nita at 24 was still in the second Romanian division, so I'd stick with Lunin 😁

You could also splurge for Mamardashvili I guess but he's not good at playing from the back.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Trivia time :
Who's leading the competition in xG?

“x” whatever is a stat worth some consideration, but still think it’s a bit overstated. Saw a list of the top six xA players in the tournament, all with an xA over 1, and they had a combined total of assists of… 1.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Having been spotted studying in a hotel lobby, Lamine Yamal has now passed his exams whilst at the Euros. This is in addition to the work he’s doing in training working on the signing of Nico Williams. Rumor is his braces are getting removed at halftime during the Final against Slovakia.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Anyone ever watch and wonder what would happen if the Habsburg Dual Monarchy of Austria-Hungary wasn't broken up after WWII? They'd clean up. I think Lloyd George and Clemenceau had 21st century soccer in mind when they pushed national determinism at the Paris Peace Conference.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Anyone ever watch and wonder what would happen if the Habsburg Dual Monarchy of Austria-Hungary wasn't broken up after WWII? They'd clean up. I think Lloyd George and Clemenceau had 21st century soccer in mind when they pushed national determinism at the Paris Peace Conference.

Nah. Read about how well the Yugoslav national team got along.

Reactions: luiginb

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
😁

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240701_235223_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240701_235223_Instagram.jpg
    363.3 KB · Views: 1

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Long time I haven’t posted here.

The Euros used to be one of my favourite competitions, it had so much good games and drama, but this Euro has been so dreadful. Really disappointing.

Anyway, cheering for Spain or France, or any underdog.

Reactions: Evilo

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Long time I haven’t posted here.

The Euros used to be one of my favourite competitions, it had so much good games and drama, but this Euro has been so dreadful. Really disappointing.

Anyway, cheering for Spain or France, or any underdog.
Yeah honestly I usually don't comment about certain things as it's going, but the goalscoring here is so poor. It's even worse than 2010 which was a completely shit tournament.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad