Euro: The Official 2024 Euro Germany Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who wins?

• Germany

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Spain

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Italy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • France

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Netherlands

• Belgium

• Portugal

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Haaland with a sweet hattrick against Kosovo and in another game I watched tonight France had some issues against Luxemburg but finally won 3-0. Their offense was a bit too dependent on Mbappe and Kante unfortunately looks like a player who hasn't played high level football in 2 years. Clauss with a very nice goal and something that amazed me was that Lux was playing from the back away against France, and doing it nicely at times, but physically they couldn't hold up, and when it was time for subs they completely lost midfield.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
No love for Turkey huh?

I will stick my neck out and say that they will be 2nd in their group. They won't get past France though.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
I think. I wish. I hope. I don't know. AKA my predictions.

Round of 16

Germany vs Serbia
Hungary vs. Croatia
Spain vs. Netherlands
England vs Ukraine
Portugal vs Italy
Austria vs Slovakia
Belgium vs Switzerland
Turkey vs France

Dark Horse (aka good shot at going far)

Croatia
Austria

Winner: France 🇫🇷

I've never seen England win anything in my lifetime.

I could be wrong, but until they win I will choose other favorites.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
No love for Turkey huh?

I will stick my neck out and say that they will be 2nd in their group. They won't get past France though.

I had mentioned them as a possible QF team. Montella has them organized and playing well since he took the gig this past September. I think the demolition at the hands of Austria (tourney darkhorse for me) in March was an outlier.

Reactions: Ianturnedbull

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Too many of us like Austria. They’re going to crash out early, aren’t they?

Sabitzer’s going to miss their last friendly because he needs a mental break and they don’t have the most dependable of goal getters.

Reactions: Wee Baby Seamus

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
No love for Turkey huh?

Didn't Turkey just lose two CBs from the tournament, Kabak and Souncy. No idea about the replacements, but they can't be equally experienced at least.

They will have the support from the crowd, but it'll still be tough for them to advance.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
I'm guessing the former 90s "liberal" who noticed he could get more political power if he appealed to the braindead and the xenophobic, who historically have been the majority in Hungary (I'm allowed to say it, I'm 1/4 Hungarian)

So you’re only hungry every sixth hour?

Damn you don’t waste any money on food do ya?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Didn't Turkey just lose two CBs from the tournament, Kabak and Souncy. No idea about the replacements, but they can't be equally experienced at least.

They will have the support from the crowd, but it'll still be tough for them to advance.

Demiral & Ayhan have good experience, though that Ajax kid doesn't.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Neuer not being able to let go is going to kill us at another tourney isn't it? Missed the first half hour+, but that replay was rough on the old timer.

Also feel like, despite wearing the armband, our best lineup for teams that'll sit back against us has Ilkay on the bench:

ter Stegen
Kimmich - Rüdiger - Schlotterbeck - Henrichs
Andrich - Kroos
Sane - Wirtz - Musiala
Füllkrug*

*Havertz, with Nic coming off the bench, against top teams​

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022

Yes, but they just need 2 wins to advance. I like their chances vs Georgia & Czechia...my Dude.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad