Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 2, More Flyers Rumors & Media Mentions: Say It Like You Mean It

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I would imagine they have a number of guys in mind

Good process.

and have a good idea as to how the first ten picks will shake out

Bad process.

and want to be in a position to either a) have a choice of talent; b) "guarantee" they get one of the guys they want; or

Good process.

c) be in a position to trade up again if someone falls. Going from 11 to 7 to get let's say Demidov is a lot easier than going 14 to 7 especially if they think Flyers are of the same mindset.

Bad process.

EDIT: Not to mention they had three second round picks so they likely knew they were going to trade at least one of them so to them they basically just moved up a couple spots for essentially nothing.

Horrendous process.

Which one of those is it? Hell if I know. :laugh:

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Depending on the picks involved these people are all huffing spraypaint if they turned that down. I am sure Laughton is a great guy but come on
The way I read it is that Ottawa didn’t need them anymore.

Again, we don’t know the picks. That’s everything here. I have no opinion.
This is how I read it too. If they couldn't get Boston to bite on Korpisalo, Ottawa would have looked to the Flyers. I doubt they preferred to give up #7 over the later first that Boston received.

Tarpongg

#fakerebuild
May 26, 2012
I like TK as much as the next guy, but if they don’t cash in on TK and Laughton for premium picks, it’s straight malpractice. They have one more draft left after this one in this fake rebuild to gather young talent. After that, it will be back to the Homer years of chasing every big name FA and cap hell. Time to make hay Danny. No more Couts like albatross contracts for TK’s 28-35 years

Reactions: Fight4yourRight

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
I like TK as much as the next guy, but if they don’t cash in on TK and Laughton for premium picks, it’s straight malpractice. They have one more draft left after this one in this fake rebuild to gather young talent. After that, it will be back to the Homer years of chasing every big name FA and cap hell. Time to make hay Danny. No more Couts like albatross contracts for TK’s 28-35 years
I think they are already planning on big name FA chasing..otherwise why bring it up the other day by whoever it was..DB or old man Hilferty

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
I think they are already planning on big name FA chasing..otherwise why bring it up the other day by whoever it was..DB or old man Hilferty
There's a rumour right there talking about trading Laughton. Is there anyone even worth chasing in FA?

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
Reading that Sens rumored trade...sure would have been nice to have a young starting goaltender with pedigree we could have offered up. Still might not have gotten it done, but it sucks to have that trade chip just taken away for nothing.

As for a Laughton trade, I mean, great. I'll believe it when I see it. Guy has had trade rumors for around five years or so.

Reactions: TheKingPin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad