Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 2, More Flyers Rumors & Media Mentions: Say It Like You Mean It

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
FFS, just stop doing the same old, same old b.s. You can’t build a contender while going all out to squeak into the playoffs. Suck it the f*** up and deal TK and Laughton!

Offer Laughton and 12 to Ottawa for 7, they seem to be all in for making the playoffs in 2025 and might bite. Then ship TK and 32 to Buffalo for 11. Get Catton or Buium or Parekh at 7 and take the BPA at 11.

Don’t sign anyone other than an AHL/NHL tweener or 2 in free agency if you need to fill roster spots. Move Hathaway for futures at next years deadline as well and can Torts as soon as possible.

It’s been 12 years of mediocrity, wake the f*** up and do something about it!

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
FFS, just stop doing the same old, same old b.s. You can’t build a contender while going all out to squeak into the playoffs. Suck it the f*** up and deal TK and Laughton!

Offer Laughton and 12 to Ottawa for 7, they seem to be all in for making the playoffs in 2025 and might bite. Then ship TK and 32 to Buffalo for 11. Get Catton or Buium or Parekh at 7 and take the BPA at 11.

Don’t sign anyone other than an AHL/NHL tweener or 2 in free agency if you need to fill roster spots. Move Hathaway for futures at next years deadline as well and can Torts as soon as possible.

It’s been 12 years of mediocrity, wake the f*** up and do something about it!

I just don't see a hopeful reality if two of Laughton, TK and/or Farabee are not moved for picks/prospects for this draft.

I don't want Michkov to be 24 and suddenly the team needs to rebuild because they have nothing but an aging TK, Tippett and Couts to play alongside of him.

Reactions: BiggE

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
What would be a potential return? I doubt Perreault would be available. Othmann?

Kind of odd that they would be interested in Farabee when the top 5 Rangers prospects are LWs.

I’d wager Othmann is not available. Maybe Chytil? There’s no way the Flyers would plan to get younger. Winning time is now. Also, allows them to trade Frost and have a quasi-center replacement.

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
You know damn well if Joel goes to NY, Rempe is coming back

As bonkers-ass as it seems, I don't think they'd be willing to send us Rempe even if the value was there.

The best we could probably hope for is Chytil, the realistic value is probably Kakko and 30. I don't think Othmann or Perreault would be on the table, Maybe Cuylle?

Hey, maybe we can trade for both their high pick disappointments at once, turn this into Farabee and Laughton for Lafrenière, Kakko, and 30. (probably not.)

Of course, all that said, I trust a glass of Bailey's to have better sources than Bailey, so it probably means we're trading him to the Three Rivers Ice Rats instead.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Just saw Pagnotta reported yesterday that the Flyers have expressed interest in Zegras.

Torts jokes aside...a play making young center like him would make a lot of sense. No idea what Anaheim would want...but if we are moving Farabee id rather put him towards a deal like that...

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
There is a truth we have a lot of wingers.

Tippett, Foerster, Farabee, Michkov, Konecny, Brink, Cates. All these wingers are TOP9 forward at worst.

I wouldn't even mind to trade Farabee+Konecny TOGETHER for a legit 1C in great age (like E. Pettersson). The question is if there any GM who would prefer these wingers over the center.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Seeing Friedman report it’s gonna be a bananas week like he did last year before the draft and the year before that….. and the year before that…. Honestly the shit isn’t ever bananas anymore. Maybe the cap increase will encourage more movement but expect the typical 1/2 big moves and then a whole bunch of minor moves that are tried to be push as big trades.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
There is a truth we have a lot of wingers.

Tippett, Foerster, Farabee, Michkov, Konecny, Brink, Cates. All these wingers are TOP9 forward at worst.

I wouldn't even mind to trade Farabee+Konecny TOGETHER for a legit 1C in great age (like E. Pettersson). The question is if there any GM who would prefer these wingers over the center.

Although the Flyers don’t have to worry about playoffs for who knows how long, I would be a little bit weary of giving up a bounty for a guy who went completely MIA for Vancouver this year.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
if they trade for Zegras with the return being Farabee + a prospect not named Michkov or Bonk + Florida 1st + 2025 Anaheim 2nd... how would we feel?
Probably an overpayment but I'd still do it. Getting a legit 1C to play with Michkov has to be a priority. You aren't going to trick the Ducks (or anyone else) into trading a center that is 23 years old with two 60 point seasons under their belt for nothing. Even if Zegras wants out or whatever the situation is, someone will pay the cost. Obviously I'd prefer to pay less and I'd try to maybe get them to throw in a pick or a prospect like Noah Warren or something like that to get it done but either way other than Michkov and #12 I'd pretty much pay whatever they are asking within reason.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
if they trade for Zegras with the return being Farabee + a prospect not named Michkov or Bonk + Florida 1st + 2025 Anaheim 2nd... how would we feel?

I like Zegras but that is way too much for Zegras. If we're sending over Florida's 1st, they sure as f*** are taking a cap dump from us, because they can sure as shit afford it. Maybe send Risto their way as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad