Prospect Info: 2024 Draft #6: C Tij Iginla

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
If Doan was still in ops with Utah I feel like this would have been a given. Wonder what kind of influence he had prior to leaving.

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
This is Matt/Brady Tkachuk upside. The more I think about it the more I love it. We can shutout what to do with the glut of wingers we have later.
He is a center. He will be playing first line C in Kelowna next year, but I think he will end up on the wing in Utah as a goal scorer.

Keller(Playmaker) - Cooley(Playmaker) - Iginla(Sniper)
But(PWF) - Geekie(PWF) - Guenther(Sniper)
Maccelli(Playmaker) - Beaudoin(TWF) - Doan(Sniper)
Crouse(PWF) - Mcbain(TWF) - Nordh / Matikka / Ludtke

If guys pan out that is an absolute embarrassment of riches on fwd in 2-3 years from now.

Last edited:

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
This is Matt/Brady Tkachuk upside. The more I think about it the more I love it. We can shutout what to do with the glut of wingers we have later.
This.

Iginla was a big surprise and also a slam dunk. Utah got star power tonight. I had my sights set on Dickenson or Buium, figuring Bill was laser-focused on filling a much needed hole at defense.

At their absolute ceilings, who would you rather have? Jarome Iginla or Cale Makar? 😂

Reactions: Grimes

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
The last 2 drafts BA seems to go against the consensus strength of the draft, last year it was forwards, he went D , this year it was D he went forward..

I am curious where Iginla would rank last year if he was in that draft etc..

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
The last 2 drafts BA seems to go against the consensus strength of the draft, last year it was forwards, he went D , this year it was D he went forward..

I am curious where Iginla would rank last year if he was in that draft etc..
If I think about Iginla as a C and compare him directly to Dvorsky from last year then I prefer Iginla.
So the 2023 F draft vs 2024 D draft narrative doesn't bother me at all.

Reactions: Llewzaher

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I love this pick. Think he could really be an underrated player in this draft. In a redraft, probably goes top 3, in a couple years, IMO.
Love kids who shoot up the draft. Hope he can play C in the NHL. Did he play C or wing in Kelowna?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad