Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 2, More Flyers Rumors & Media Mentions: Say It Like You Mean It

Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I like Dickinson for what I think he is — way more than Yakemchuk — but that would be a colossal mistake brought to you by the team that took Provorov #7. I don’t see high end offensive upside, ES or PP.

But imagine Bonk and Dickinson playing together in the NHL. Adorable! The Flyers organizational team building strategy in GIF form:

kissing-dolls-princess-vespa.gif

I have barely watched any Dickinson, but the production and age combo alone is enough for me not to be pissed as a pure pick. It might not be what I would do at 7, but I see the path.

The other option means I'm staring down the barrel of trying to convince myself a lottery pick offensive Defenseman can become even an average passer. That is hell.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I like Dickinson for what I think he is — way more than Yakemchuk — but that would be a colossal mistake brought to you by the team that took Provorov #7. And they didn’t trade up for him. I don’t see high end offensive upside, ES or PP.

But imagine Bonk and Dickinson playing together in the NHL. Adorable! The Flyers organizational team building strategy in GIF form:

Maybe I am remembering this wrong, but I thought everyone loved that pick when it happened?

i hope its philly thats been trashing Demidov to other teams to lower his value, move up and draft him.
That would be ideal.

Reactions: BernieParent

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Maybe I am remembering this wrong, but I thought everyone loved that pick when it happened?

Most did. Some did not and pointed out many of the flaws that ultimately capped his career. I can tell you I loved it. What did I know? What the handful of draft sites said. That's not an opinion worth hearing.

We've come orders of magnitude in availability of data and film in the last 9 years.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t entirely disagree. It’s very hard to pick swap top 10, as I’ve said countless times, but for the right guy, it can be worth exploring. You just have to operate under the assumption it is for the right guy. This team hasn’t earned that evaluative trust. Looking at the board, it’s a real 50-50 whether they’d f*** it up, no hindsight needed.

More importantly, it’s a life or death necessity to trade up to #7 brought to you by the team that says high picks aren’t important — they were giddy believing they made the playoffs — and they can build a core with 2nd rounders and bubblegum. But #12 + extra assets is a non-starter. I can’t remember the last time this team had any logical cohesion.
It’s fine to not trust them, but they’re not going to operate that way. They need high-end talent and they’re trying to put themselves in better position to do that.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I like Dickinson for what I think he is — way more than Yakemchuk — but that would be a colossal mistake brought to you by the team that took Provorov #7. And they didn’t trade up for him. I don’t see high end offensive upside, ES or PP.

Prioritizing Dickinson when Buium exists would be pretty on-brand.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I doubt that Konecny is in this deal. The Senators and Flyers do match up as good trading partners. Giroux could have an impact on this deal. He always talked highly about Farabee. If he has the ear of Ottawa's management he might be pushing to obtain Joel. Could be Philly giving up #12, Farabee and Frost for #7 and Pinto. The Sens were not happy with Pinto for the suspension last season. If the deal is a huge one, Ristolainen, Laughton and Chychryn could be involved.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I have barely watched any Dickinson, but the production and age combo alone is enough for me not to be pissed as a pure pick. It might not be what I would do at 7, but I see the path.

The other option means I'm staring down the barrel of trying to convince myself a lottery pick offensive Defenseman can become even an average passer. That is hell.

Pissed? No, not about the player. The value? Yes. I said this to Toe in October:

I think Dickinson has good not great puck skills. It's entirely functional; I just don't think he's some future 50-60 point guy. I don't think he's an elite PP guy. I do think he's a very good puck transporter and exit/entry passer under pressure. Good on his backhand. His skating is his plus tool. I think he's on the more advanced side defensively. I don't think he possesses amazing creativity, but it shows in spurts. It might be I find his upper body stiff, although he's pretty good at turning off pressure and shielding pucks. Maybe he's a #2 type? I enjoy his games though.

I would be skeptical it moves the needle. On top of the opportunity cost of another ultra high value defensive prospect who isn’t a slam dunk offensive creator (he’s more skilled than Yakemchuk without a second thought). I haven’t watched since the fall though.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Okay - please...can we just make a decision on Laughton FFS. This dude has been mentioned for years in rumors.
Last years rumors were only ever about Michkov. Laughton was only getting moved if it served that.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I reserve the right to be positive on only one tiny aspect of the deal if Brannstrom is the Defenseman and he's given away for peanuts. There have been some damn solid metrics when he plays.

He's not, but we all cope in our own ways.

Reactions: BillDineen

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC

12 + Scotty 2 Laughty for 7 and I'm a happy camper.

Sanderson, Jake8 UFAWaivers ExemptLDNHLDraft219.1$8,050,000$8,050,000$8,050,000$8,050,000$8,050,000$8,050,000
Future Year Expiry
Chabot, Thomas "A"4 UFAM-NTCLDNHLDraft279.1$8,000,000$8,000,000$8,000,000$8,000,000UFA
Chychrun, Jakob1 UFAM-NTCLD/RDNHLTrade265.2$4,600,000UFA
Zub, Artem3 UFAM-NTCRDNHLSigned285.2$4,600,000$4,600,000$4,600,000UFA
Hamonic, Travis1 UFANMCRDNHLSigned331.3$1,100,000UFA
Bernard-Docker, Jacob1 RFARDNHLDraft230.9$805,000Arbitration EligibleRFA
Brännström, Erik0 RFA

Oh ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad