Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 2, More Flyers Rumors & Media Mentions: Say It Like You Mean It

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
That would probably involve both firsts and maybe a small add from Ottawa barring any salaries changing hands. Why you would make that trade without seeing who is on the board is beyond me.
Given that Yost's tweet says it might not happen until closer to the draft, I'd imagine it'd be contingent on who's still on the board and not actually happen UNTIL the draft, but maybe I'm giving this FO too much credit.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That would probably involve both firsts and maybe a small add from Ottawa barring any salaries changing hands. Why you would make that trade without seeing who is on the board is beyond me.
Because they have a guy and are worried someone else will make the move. They were concerned last year about this, that’s why the Laughton rumors were out there.

Reactions: BernieParent

iceman42

May 7, 2003
Enfield, NH
Well, this could lead in quite a few directions.

Pure trade up from #12 to #7? TK package for #7? Chychrun trade? Pinto, Joseph?

If we get #7 I am going to be sweating out the Demidov news for the next 9 days.
I'm sure its only if a player slid to #7 and I think its probably #12 + Morgan Frost for #7

Reactions: Redpath

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If there’s one team in the league that reserves the right to pull “smartest team in the league” trades, with holes everywhere and few premium assets, it’s the Flyers.
They have to get creative to get high-end talent. I’m a believer in getting a guy if he’s your guy. It’s a wide open and bullish draft, distinct possibility they could get their 3rd or 4th rated guy at 7. I think they’re trying to beat Chicago to the punch.

Reactions: Danko

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I have ZERO info. It just feels like Dickenson to me. I'd bet they're one of the teams that puts an organizational premium on London.

I like Dickinson for what I think he is — way more than Yakemchuk — but that would be a colossal mistake brought to you by the team that took Provorov #7. And they didn’t trade up for him. I don’t see high end offensive upside, ES or PP.

But imagine Bonk and Dickinson playing together in the NHL. Adorable! The Flyers organizational team building strategy in GIF form:

kissing-dolls-princess-vespa.gif

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
They have to get creative to get high-end talent. I’m a believer in getting a guy if he’s your guy. It’s a wide open and bullish draft, distinct possibility they could get their 3rd or 4th rated guy at 7. I think they’re trying to beat Chicago to the punch.

I don’t entirely disagree. It’s very hard to pick swap top 10, as I’ve said countless times, but for the right guy, it can be worth exploring. You just have to operate under the assumption it is for the right guy. This team hasn’t earned that evaluative trust. Looking at the board, it’s a real 50-50 whether they’d f*** it up, no hindsight needed.

More importantly, it’s a life or death necessity to trade up to #7 brought to you by the team that says high picks aren’t important — they were giddy believing they made the playoffs — and they can build a core with 2nd rounders and bubblegum. But #12 + extra assets is a non-starter. I can’t remember the last time this team had any logical cohesion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad