Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 2, More Flyers Rumors & Media Mentions: Say It Like You Mean It

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
It would include 12th overall.
no deal. Straight up. Player for player. The Flyers are taking on a player who will want money and term that the Canes don't want. Farabee comes to them with term and a manageable cost.
Carolina probably isn''t a good match for this trade. They want defensive help since they are going to lose a guy or two o n the back end this off season.

ponder719

M-M-M-Matvei and the Jett
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
no deal. Straight up. Player for player. The Flyers are taking on a player who will want money and term that the Canes don't want. Farabee comes to them with term and a manageable cost.
Carolina probably isn''t a good match for this trade. They want defensive help since they are going to lose a guy or two o n the back end this off season.

I agree that Carolina probably doesn't match up with what we want to give, here. They're desperately in need of cap space, and we aren't looking to give up lottery picks, and aren't in a place to be taking back dead salary along with Necas.

That said, I don't think we should be moving Farabee, either, we should be looking to move TK for a second lottery pick, since I don't see someone offering us a promising young center prospect for him. If we have to go a year without entirely figuring out the center position, well, it's not like we're going to be in the Cup Finals next year with the roster we have anyway. Take the time to get it right, don't just rush into whatever "opportunity" happens to exist this year.

Edit: I do think we are suddenly a lot more interesting to Carolina if Guentzel tells them he's not coming back. If that were to come to pass, Konecny might look very appealing to them as a backup plan.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I wasn't talking about including Farabee. I'm not sure how much Farabee would be attractive to Carolina. Who knows who is making the decisions in Carolina by the time the draft rolls around, but Farabee is more scorer than "playdriver" and typically Carolina prefers the latter. And from a Flyers perspective, you're going to give up Farabee with four years of control for a player with one? I'm not against a Farabee trade, but....

Think about what you would accept in a trade for TK and apply it to Necas. You would be looking for a lottery pick in exchange.

If they acquire Necas, I'm not sure what that says about TK's future. Two long term extensions for two players in the last year of their RFA deal, with their current cap situation, doesn't sound feasible.

Last edited:

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I wasn't talking about including Farabee. I'm not sure how much Farabee would be attractive to Carolina. Who knows who is making the decisions in Carolina by the time the draft rolls around, but Farabee is more scorer than "playdriver" and typically Carolina prefers the latter. And from a Flyers perspective, you're going to give up Farabee with four years of control for a player with one? I'm not against a Farabee trade, but....

Think about what you would accept in a trade for TK and apply it to Necas. You would be looking for a lottery pick in exchange.

If they acquire Necas, I'm not sure what that says about TK's future. Two long term extensions for two players in the last year of their RFA deal, with their current cap situation, doesn't sound feasible.
TK is an established top level NHL player. For him I’d want a young potential top two lines center or a top four defenseman and a front of the first round draft choice. I’d rather re-sign him than give him away.

pooch

May 30, 2017
saw a rumor TK wants 10 a year for 8...so that's ship him off time for me

whether the rumor is true or not..who knows..but as I've been saying..that's too rich of a contract for a very good but not elite player
Could be a negotiation tactic as well. Who would want to trade for him and sign him for 10 per?

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
saw a rumor TK wants 10 a year for 8...so that's ship him off time for me

whether the rumor is true or not..who knows..but as I've been saying..that's too rich of a contract for a very good but not elite player

If he had a center who could give him a solid pass, he'd be putting up much bigger #'s.

volnoir

Nov 13, 2015
He‘s good, but the increase in scoring has warped people‘s perception of how good he really is. He scored 30 goals in a league where everyone scores 30 goals. 10+ million is for elite players. He sure as hell isn‘t elite.
He's also not as average as you paint him to be. He is 28th in goal scoring on a team that had the worst power play in the league at a putrid 8.53%.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
In a world without Tippett on a fresh 8 year contract, perhaps as a buy low. But how many RWs do they need? And how many shoot first and second archetypes do they need? One day the Flyers will realize what they lack is high end passing and centers. That day likely comes after they dump Frost.

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
The Flyers might be onto something. Has a forward group composed of entirely RW ever lost a game?

Tippet Michkov Konecny

Foerster Necas Kaliyev

Brink Hathaway Atkinson

Lycksell Gurianov Tuomala

This lineup would confuse the shit out of the opposition.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
The Flyers might be onto something. Has a forward group composed of entirely RW ever lost a game?

Tippet Michkov Konecny

Foerster Necas Kaliyev

Brink Hathaway Atkinson

Lycksell Gurianov Tuomala

This lineup would confuse the shit out of the opposition.

Change their name to the Republicans.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Do we really want our highest paid players to be TK, Couts, Necas? Trade TK for prime assets. There has to be a team with a mid to high 1st next year and a very good prospect that TK is better than now to help them. It’s a pretty important time.

The only way signing TK makes sense is if Michkov comes asap and is a monster making us a 2nd round playoff team on his own.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Chatter on the Sirius hockey channel earlier this afternoon regarding TK and his potential deal. Basically the consensus was that he is not even close to being the $10M/yr guy on a deal with long term. Eight to eight and half is where he is at long term since the last two or three years he will be below that value. Two seasons at thirty goals is nice performance but not at the ten mill per rate. They felt that if he was offered 8.5X8 that he should take it. No other team would beat those numbers.

Reactions: BillDineen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad