Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 2, More Flyers Rumors & Media Mentions: Say It Like You Mean It

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

pooch

May 30, 2017
I think Necas is really good, but I’m not selling the farm to get him

I don’t know what would be the cost though. Florida’s first and Anaheim’s or CBJ’s 2nd?

Can’t be parting from pick 12
I'm also not willing to part with pick 12 for him. Maybe Farabee + the FL pick or something like that? I dont love it.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Necas is a guy that probably has some room for increased production say with a bigger role.

It would just be so Flyers to gamble on that with a big contract + the cost of acquiring asset. Instead of getting the talent at a discount for a younger player.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
I'm also not willing to part with pick 12 for him. Maybe Farabee + the FL pick or something like that? I dont love it.
The good thing about Farabee is that I think he has shown he can be a 60+ pt scorer if this powerplay could be even just a little better, and he’s under contract for what 4 more years?

The bad thing about Farabee is that he just might be a very average player. Doesn’t do anything particularly great.

I’d only move him for a midish first. His contract is fine and doesn’t turn 25 until February.

Reactions: IronMarshal

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
Not sure I feel comfortable taking a gamble on Necas as a center, especially with these putzes behind the bench.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
The good thing about Farabee is that I think he has shown he can be a 60+ pt scorer if this powerplay could be even just a little better, and he’s under contract for what 4 more years?

The bad thing about Farabee is that he just might be a very average player. Doesn’t do anything particularly great.

I’d only move him for a midish first. His contract is fine and doesn’t turn 25 until February.
Don't you have to do it first before you say he has shown he can?

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Don't you have to do it first before you say he has shown he can?
That’s fair but I think if you improve the PP to average and give him a little more talent… no reason he can’t be at 60-65 pts each year

And part of the reason the PP sucked is Farabee, part of the reason the team sucked down the stretch is Farabee. Need a more consistent, better version moving forward

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Necas reminds me of Martin Havlat. He’s been in a favorable environment (similar to Havlat in Ottawa during the Alfredsson/Spezza/Hossa/Heatley years) and shown solid flashes without being asked to be The Guy. When he went to Chicago to be The Guy, he had an awful team and still put up decent points before getting reinforcements from Toews and Kane.

I’m not opposed to pursuing him, but I don’t expect him to become a true cornerstone piece, though he does have the skill.

Reactions: Danko

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
Can hear it now..."Matvei coming over excelerates the timeline, we felt it was the time to strike and make this trade."

• Haha
Reactions: Larry44

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I’d be willing to try to obtain Necas. However there is going to be a bidding war for him. The most that I’d be willing to trade for him is Farabee. Nothing more than a straight up one for one deal. It probably wouldn’t be enough to satisfy Carolina. They’ll want a defenseman like York tossed in. That would be too much to give especially when an expensive long term contract with Necas would have to be factored in.

Reactions: BernieParent

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Necas reminds me of Martin Havlat. He’s been in a favorable environment (similar to Havlat in Ottawa during the Alfredsson/Spezza/Hossa/Heatley years) and shown solid flashes without being asked to be The Guy. When he went to Chicago to be The Guy, he had an awful team and still put up decent points before getting reinforcements from Toews and Kane.

I’m not opposed to pursuing him, but I don’t expect him to become a true cornerstone piece, though he does have the skill.

Honestly, Necas going back to center with his speed and shot is a good thing to have.

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
I’d be willing to try to obtain Necas. However there is going to be a bidding war for him. The most that I’d be willing to trade for him is Farabee. Nothing more than a straight up one for one deal. It probably wouldn’t be enough to satisfy Carolina. They’ll want a defenseman like York tossed in. That would be too much to give especially when an expensive long term contract with Necas would have to be factored in.

Farabee straight up is more than fair value. A 50 P LW on a good contract for a 50 P RW that‘s about to get paid. Doesn‘t feel like the right trade for the Flyers considering how weak they are on the left side, and how they have way too many RW already.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Honestly, Necas going back to center with his speed and shot is a good thing to have.
I agree. And I think he could be “good enough” as a 1st center option, given the depth on the wings that the Flyers have. Attacking the zone with speed and getting defenders to pull back opens up a lot of room for skilled wingers to work with. I don’t think you want Tippett on a line with him, but Foerster and/or Farabee would benefit from that skill set, I think.

Foerster-Necas-Michkov
Tippett-Frost-Konecny

Pretty solid top six, tbh. Good mix of speed, skill, and creativity.

Presumably Farabee would be part of the return, but you could have a bottom six with Couturier, Brink, Poehling, Lycksell, Hathaway, and Laughton if he’s still around.

Reactions: BernieParent
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad