Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 2, More Flyers Rumors & Media Mentions: Say It Like You Mean It

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
adding to the Necas talk, i think we're all in agreement that 12 should absolutely be off the table. If they could land him with the Florida pick being the main piece of a deal, would we consider that?

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
I understand the “trade Konecny because he doesn’t fit the timeline” argument. Sure, that’s fair game, but can we please stop referring to him as “guy who’s about to be 30+ y/o”? He turned 27 two months ago. He’s no more a 30 y/o than Michkov is on his second contract or Farabee is “about to be a UFA”. Hard to not see that as deliberately obfuscatory for the sake of making a cheap point.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Apologies. Sign him. Great deal.

He will only be a young 28 when that mega deal starts.

Let’s go 8 years for a much younger Drysdale + York too while we are at it. Lock up that core.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
I wasn't talking about including Farabee. I'm not sure how much Farabee would be attractive to Carolina. Who knows who is making the decisions in Carolina by the time the draft rolls around, but Farabee is more scorer than "playdriver" and typically Carolina prefers the latter. And from a Flyers perspective, you're going to give up Farabee with four years of control for a player with one? I'm not against a Farabee trade, but....

Think about what you would accept in a trade for TK and apply it to Necas. You would be looking for a lottery pick in exchange.

If they acquire Necas, I'm not sure what that says about TK's future. Two long term extensions for two players in the last year of their RFA deal, with their current cap situation, doesn't sound feasible.
Theres no doubt in my mind that if they went for a rostered forward, they would target Frost -- an underused, talented 2C, who has 2 years of decent metrics, with room on the bone to provide more, and the selling team is clearly down on him.

Reportedly he's been on the block, and with the way the season ended for him, I can't see him sticking around longterm.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
27 is pretty much the end of a hockey player's athletic prime if we are to quibble over the 30 talk. Doesn't mean he can't be effective approaching and into his 30s, but historically it doesn't get better. Also doesn't mean he can't still be worth the contract, just not as much wiggle room if you are chasing surplus value.

Theres no doubt in my mind that if they went for a rostered forward, they would target Frost -- an underused, talented 2C, who has 2 years of decent metrics, with room on the bone to provide more, and the selling team is clearly down on him.

Reportedly he's been on the block, and with the way the season ended for him, I can't see him sticking around longterm.
Oh I expect them to get taken to the cleaners in the Frost trade. Being a + in a Necas trade would actually seem like one of the better outcomes.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Few things. Happy to see Michkov is possibly coming sooner. Love tk but not sure about a big 8 year contract for him. He’s good but not giroux good or coots good when they got those contracts. If we didn’t have so much wasted space I’d be more inclined to say yes to it. Farabee looked good young with good iq. Now not so much. But even coots you don’t see his iq shining through like it use to. I’m inclined to think there is something else going on. Torts is great at getting the most out of lower level players. Seems extremely egotistical and punitive toward players. Have we ever heard why he bench coots? Also the team basically stopped after that. We need to rid the team of dead weight.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Few things. Happy to see Michkov is possibly coming sooner. Love tk but not sure about a big 8 year contract for him. He’s good but not giroux good or coots good when they got those contracts. If we didn’t have so much wasted space I’d be more inclined to say yes to it. Farabee looked good young with good iq. Now not so much. But even coots you don’t see his iq shining through like it use to. I’m inclined to think there is something else going on. Torts is great at getting the most out of lower level players. Seems extremely egotistical and punitive toward players. Have we ever heard why he bench coots? Also the team basically stopped after that. We need to rid the team of dead weight.
Maybe the dead weight is the guy behind the bench?
If Edmonton gets into the finals, both coaches will have Flyers on their resume. One was a Flyers assistant; the other was a former defenseman who didn’t get a sniff for the HC job. They must not have been in the Old Bois network but they might be in the SC finals. It sure looks like some pages need to be turned in the organizational play book.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
There had to be others involved in that decision. I don’t believe that Holmgren made that call. He was looking to get out of things and retire. Someone had Snider’s ear.
Well, Lavy made it obvious that he didn’t trust Bobrovsky after going to painstaking measures to get Leighton his job back after he didn’t get a chance the entire season.

However, if Bobrovsky still would have never survived if he put up the playoff numbers he did up until 2022.

Reactions: renberg

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Well, Lavy made it obvious that he didn’t trust Bobrovsky after going to painstaking measures to get Leighton his job back after he didn’t get a chance the entire season.

However, if Bobrovsky still would have never survived if he put up the playoff numbers he did up until 2022.
This is what I recall as well. That was a major mistake. Granted others in the organization had to sign on but AIR, Lavy didn’t think that Bobrovsky had the goods.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This is what I recall as well. That was a major mistake. Granted others in the organization had to sign on but AIR, Lavy didn’t think that Bobrovsky had the goods.
It was too much too fast for him. He played more games that year than he ever had before. And it wasn’t necessary since Boucher had a great year too. But they held up, and Lavy didn’t get a chance to give Leighton a shot until the playoffs, and he predictably was awful.

Reactions: usahockey22flyers

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
Anyone get the lesson here: Don't let a friggin' moron hotheaded jackass of a coach have ANY input into personnel decisions. I was so happy the Rags lost last night. Eat shit, Lavy, and serve some to Torts for dessert, just for fun.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Anyone get the lesson here: Don't let a friggin' moron hotheaded jackass of a coach have ANY input into personnel decisions. I was so happy the Rags lost last night. Eat shit, Lavy, and serve some to Torts for dessert, just for fun.
Another lesson is not to get down on a young goalie. Ersson, like Bobrovsky did back then, shows a ton of potential. Live through the growing pains and don’t hit the panic button if he stumbles from time to time.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Ersson will have every chance possible to prove he is a starting caliber goalie. He’s under no threat from a big money goalie. It’s also worth noting: Bobrovsky won a Vezina at Ersson’s age this past season.
Bobrovsky was great that season even though it was a shortened one I. He had 35 starts out of 48 games with a .932 GAA. Remarkable. Especially for a club that didn’t make the POs.

ponder719

M-M-M-Matvei and the Jett
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
they really haven't got goalie right since what...Bernie? lol
Goalie hasn't been the organizational strength since Bernie, but it would have been hard to do much better than Hexy before he started pulling a groin muscle every other week. (And for what it's worth, I can't blame the team for Lindbergh. They had the right guy, things just ended tragically for reasons outside their control.)

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I understand the “trade Konecny because he doesn’t fit the timeline” argument. Sure, that’s fair game, but can we please stop referring to him as “guy who’s about to be 30+ y/o”? He turned 27 two months ago. He’s no more a 30 y/o than Michkov is on his second contract or Farabee is “about to be a UFA”. Hard to not see that as deliberately obfuscatory for the sake of making a cheap point.

You don’t have to be 30 to start going down hill. He will be 28 this season. He may have already peaked. If he kills it the next few years it will only be to sink our draft position for no point. Only way it makes sense is if Michkov is a 100 pt player, Couts comes back as a 1C , we have a 1D that will take that next step this year. It’s all possible but all not likely. Trading TK for a future 1C/2C and 1st is the best thing you can do.

ponder719

M-M-M-Matvei and the Jett
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Any interest in taking Goodrow from the Rangers for some picks or a player?
I don't know that we have the cap flexibility to do so. He's a player I like a lot, even though he's not going to justify his salary, and I think he'd be Tortorella's new binky, but we'd have to move some money first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad