They're back!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
C'mon. losing an eye basically is NOT tough. :laugh:

I cannot remember the last Bruins center that has been that difficult to move from out in front of the net.. When you see him live he looks even bigger... he is a moose.

Moose is a good description, especially if you've ever driven around a corner and found one standing in the road. :laugh:

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
C'mon. losing an eye basically is NOT tough. :laugh:

I cannot remember the last Bruins center that has been that difficult to move from out in front of the net.. When you see him live he looks even bigger... he is a moose.

So dany heatley is tough too? Not like he lost an eye and kept on playing through it. Again not saying he is soft. I don't think the bruins are soft at all.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
So dany heatley is tough too? Not like he lost an eye and kept on playing through it. Again not saying he is soft. I don't think the bruins are soft at all.

It's your opinion all good...I'm sure we would differ on quite a few guys... Soderberg is tough IMO... he's chippy... Hits the dirty areas and takes a lot of punishment...IMO of course.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
It's your opinion all good...I'm sure we would differ on quite a few guys... Soderberg is tough IMO... he's chippy... Hits the dirty areas and takes a lot of punishment...IMO of course.

Crashes the net more than any forward too, how many goalie interference penalties did he take last year?

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Almost a full complement in Wilmo today as the rookies head to Nashville. Hamilton, Bartkowski, Spooner and Campbell among the new arrivals, per Bruins tweet.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
so....now toughness is the willingness to drop the mitts??

I`ll disagree

I think the players will too. Look no further than Dennis Seidenberg. He's not a fighter, but I doubt anyone who ever skated on the same ice with him would say he's not tough.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Campbell is as tough as they come. Getting in front of those slap shots seems pretty tough to me. Seidenberg and Boychuk are very tough but I'd not say they are that good at fighting unless its Colby Armstrong;)

What I think some Bruins fans want is someone who for 45 seconds can throw a bleep load of punches and not lose.

I'd rather have a physical tough team that hits and takes the body.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Exactly. And so is saying soderberg is tough. Krejci has dropped the mitts. Soderberg never will.

Didn't Soderberg go postal and cross-check a guy back in the SEL? I'm not saying that makes him "tough," but it definitely gives me the impression that he'll eventually lose his temper and drop gloves.

acr*

I think traditionally when people are talking about toughness in hockey, the implication is fighting. Bergy, Seidenberg, and Soderberg are all very, very tough, but they are certainly not fighters. I would call them tough, but they are certainly not tough in the fighting sense. I think the disagreement in terminology is all just contextual and is evolving.

acr*

Didn't Soderberg go postal and cross-check a guy back in the SEL? I'm not saying that makes him "tough," but it definitely gives me the impression that he'll eventually lose his temper and drop gloves.

How would cross-checking someone from behind give you the impression that he would square up and drop the gloves? Not saying that he won't, in fact, I kind of expect so see it this year at some point. However, his eye injury really puts him at a disadvantage and I don't think it would be a good plan.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
How would cross-checking someone from behind give you the impression that he would square up and drop the gloves? Not saying that he won't, in fact, I kind of expect so see it this year at some point. However, his eye injury really puts him at a disadvantage and I don't think it would be a good plan.

It shows that he is not of the nonviolent resistance mold, and that he is not immune to losing his cool.

I could be wrong, but I always thought the SEL was less of a fighting league compared to the NHL (where's Fossy when you need him?).

If Plekanec is hacking away at Carl all throughout a game, I could totally see him snapping and challenging the lil weasel. He clearly realizes that cross-checking a dude from behind won't fly over here; in fact, it didn't fly over there. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't agree with the notion that Carl will "never drop the mitts."

spylogic3

Sep 1, 2006
What is DP's rules? Is it that 10 game trial thing , can he play in Providence ?
The 10 game thing is in effect ... he's not eligible for Providence ... he'll probably return to Sweden if he doesn't make it.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
It shows that he is not of the nonviolent resistance mold, and that he is not immune to losing his cool.

I could be wrong, but I always thought the SEL was less of a fighting league compared to the NHL (where's Fossy when you need him?).

If Plekanec is hacking away at Carl all throughout a game, I could totally see him snapping and challenging the lil weasel. He clearly realizes that cross-checking a dude from behind won't fly over here; in fact, it didn't fly over there. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't agree with the notion that Carl will "never drop the mitts."

If Plekanec won't drop the gloves for Krejci, he certainly won't for Soderberg. :laugh: But I know what you mean - I wouldn't bet against Carl ever fighting. He's a formidable guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad