They're back!

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Went today and met Dan. Place was a ghost town. More members in the media section than the stands. Might not have been 10 people there to watch.

Chara, Seidenberg, McQuaid, Boychuk, Pastrnak, Lucic, Krejci, Marchand, Camara, Caron, I think Fraser, and I think Cunningham, and a goalie that wasn't Rask.

Might be missing someone.

Can't learn a lot, but McQuaid looks slim (maybe just because his hair is short) and you would never know Seidenberg was coming off an injury.

They did a few relay races that were fun.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Went today and met Dan. Place was a ghost town. More members in the media section than the stands. Might not have been 10 people there to watch.

Chara, Seidenberg, McQuaid, Boychuk, Pastrnak, Lucic, Krejci, Marchand, Camara, Caron, I think Fraser, and I think Cunningham, and a goalie that wasn't Rask.

Can't learn a lot, but McQuaid looks slim (maybe just because his hair is short) and you would never know Seidenberg was coming off an injury.

The goalie was Svedberg. Thanks for the report. Wish I could just pop over but it's a major trek. :(

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

What about the fighting lesson you, me, and boy wonder Pastrnak got to watch after practice

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Holy ****, that's right.

So this was easily the coolest thing. So Caron and McQuaid did some tip drills after everyone else left the ice, and on the other side Pastrnak, Camara, and the kid we think was Cunningham, were shooting, when as Dan and I were walking out Camara and Maybe-Cunny threw the gloves down and went through a minute long staged fight, as though they had been told to actually practice the technique. And while there was definitely no malice or punches thrown with the intent of landing (or being strong), they did tussle and I have never seen that before.

Very cool.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Holy ****, that's right.

So this was easily the coolest thing. So Caron and McQuaid did some tip drills after everyone else left the ice, and on the other side Pastrnak, Camara, and the kid we think was Cunningham, were shooting, when as Dan and I were walking out Camara and Maybe-Cunny threw the gloves down and went through a minute long staged fight, as though they had been told to actually practice the technique. And while there was definitely no malice or punches thrown with the intent of landing (or being strong), they did tussle and I have never seen that before.

Very cool.

I don't buy it - they're all Charmin soft! :sarcasm:

Fun stuff, thanks. I'm looking forward to a training camp visit. :)

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Camara is starting to feel to me like the guy who never reaches his lofty potential. I have nothing tangible to go on, only gut feel.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
did you miss the part about no punches thrown and lack of malice..... ????

charmin soft, not northern quilted double ply strong.

Gotcha. A team with Lucic, Chara, Miller, McQuaid, Boychuk, Seidenberg, Bergeron and Soderberg on its roster is "Charmin soft." I wonder what the average NHL player would say if you told him that?

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Makes me curious.. who is the softest team in the league? Carolina?

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
Gotcha. A team with Lucic, Chara, Miller, McQuaid, Boychuk, Seidenberg, Bergeron and Soderberg on its roster is "Charmin soft." I wonder what the average NHL player would say if you told him that?

did I need one of these :sarcasm: for you to get my :sarcasm: reply to your :sarcasm: comment......?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Holy ****, that's right.

Very cool.

it was Robbins giving Camara either lessons on fighting or they were just goofing off. I'm going with the technique angle.

I really hope Robbins gets in some NHL games- very good body checker, pretty good fighter, always entertaining

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
it was Robbins giving Camara either lessons on fighting or they were just goofing off. I'm going with the technique angle.

I really hope Robbins gets in some NHL games- very good body checker, pretty good fighter, always entertaining

I'd like to see him do so if only for his sake. He's worked so hard.

member 96824

Can we stop bullying people we don't agree with anytime soon or is that just par for the course now?

I think the Bruins are softer than they've been in past years, certainly disagree with the "soft" notion, but jesus.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
What if you're like me and have him lucky to be a 13th forward as his ceiling?

i never saw what others did in camara. to me he was a big reach in the draft, then overachieved while playing with a stud center. not saying he's a total stiff (like his hitting game and he's got some skills), but i was hoping they'd trade him to winnipeg whose fans seemed to have serious wood for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad