They're back!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Anyone going today?

Is it worth a ride over there?

Did you end up going? The problem with these practices is that you never really know when/where they're going to be, so you take your chances.

That said, Chara joined them today, per Switaj tweet. Sorry Murph. :sarcasm:

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
If you're a young guy looking to make the team, IMO you better be there.

True.
And for we the fans, young guys TRYING to make the team are probably not big impact players now and most likely ever which further makes these early skates mostly ho-hum. It's hard to come up with any real meaningful take aways at this point.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
not a chance...team has plenty of character, we are going to miss a top 6 forward a lot more than a tough guy who rarely fights and does not know how to throw a body check.

Iggy had nowhere near the influence over the room the way Thornton did.

He will be missed. He and Ference were our two biggest stand up guys other than Chara... will be interesting to see who will relish that role...thinking Lone Wolf or Miller will be the watchdogs.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA

He will be missed. He and Ference were our two biggest stand up guys other than Chara... will be interesting to see who will relish that role...thinking Lone Wolf or Miller will be the watchdogs.

I am with you Lou. the leadership we had with Ference, Sugar, Bergy and Z (along with Rex for a time) was a major reason we won the cup and had such a close family for a team. Will be interesting to see if anyone steps into the roles for sure.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Yes the Bruins did lose a lot of veteran presence with Thornton, Ference, Iginla, but remember they still have Chara, Bergeron, Seidenberg, Kelly, Campbell, plus Lucic/Krejci have been around for a while now.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
how great would it be for him to be the next Bergy and come into camp and earn his way on the team out of no where. When that happend with Bergy it was a great thing to watch happen.

Pastrnak has no chance. 25th overall is cursed. Bruins should have flipped it for a second.

:sarcasm:

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I don't think Pastrnak will make the team, in both parties' best interest to let him go back to Sweden and get better (and a lot bigger) for at least a year. Could be something really special, don't want to rush him.

I can't wait to see him during camp and preseason, though. Hopefully he puts on a show and is the last cut if he doesn't make it, or gets a tryout. Only knock on him right now is his size. For how he plays, or just in general, his height that's listed as 5'11 or 6'0 is fine. But he's one of the lighter guys who was drafted. Once he puts on a couple of pounds he'll be good to go. You can definitely see the similarities between him and Krejci, bit of a different playstyle but it's easy to see who he got his inspiration from.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Patrick Kane was extremely slight his rookie year as well (not that he is that much bigger). If DP *Lonnie face* can avoid the huge hits no reason he can't play at this level next year due to his size.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Well Krejci, even now, is barely bigger than Pastrnak, right? Pastrnak wouldn't be the first 170 pound kid to crack the NHL. Ideally he would put on more weight but if they think he's ready in every other way I hope they give him a serious look.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Well Krejci, even now, is barely bigger than Pastrnak, right? Pastrnak wouldn't be the first 170 pound kid to crack the NHL. Ideally he would put on more weight but if they think he's ready in every other way I hope they give him a serious look.

I agree. there were/are a lot of players that are small and skinny that play/ed in the NHL. Hell PJ Axe was one that was like 170lbs his entire career. Bergy couldn't have been that much bigger his rookie year either. If he has the hockey IQ and is mature enough get him in there the sooner the better.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Patrick Kane was extremely slight his rookie year as well (not that he is that much bigger). If DP *Lonnie face* can avoid the huge hits no reason he can't play at this level next year due to his size.

Skinner was pretty small too, right? Not sure what weight Ryan O'Reilly was at 18, but it couldn't have been much more than 180. I know it's wishful thinking, but it's just fun to think about the possibility. If he doesn't make the team I won't be shocked or anything, but this kid's attitude has me very excited about the possibilities and the fact that he fills this team's biggest need can't be overlooked.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
McQuaid and Kelly addressed the media Wednesday, with the players saying they expect to be ready for the start of actual training camp in two weeks. McQuaid, though, did say he isn’t quite where he wants to be in terms of his conditioning. He got a late start on the summer due to a quad injury and ankle surgery.

Kelly, meanwhile, had back surgery to repair a herniated disk he suffered before the start of the playoffs. He was not able to do anything – including lifting his two young children – for the first six weeks after surgery, but is cleared for contact and should not be limited heading into camp.

Or, as he put it, he’s cleared for contact “unless Zee wants to hit me. Everyone else can hit me.â€

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...ns-practice/b8YmPzYtchJGidnBU7aZRM/story.html

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
that Lucic wrist injury seems to be flying under everybody's radar...i really hope that doesn't impact him too much. We all saw what wrist surgery did to Samsonov.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Pastrnak looked a little un-sturdy on his skates even in the Pre-WJC tournament there. He does play against grown men in Sweden so at least he's got some experience, but I think camp could be a big challenge for him. Hopefully he's a quick learner and has focused on getting stronger.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

Not entirely about his size, more about him not being rushed. He could probably cut it right now as a 3rd/4th RW from what I've heard, but there's really no reason why he shouldn't go back to Sweden and get better and stronger. He'll be a lot more confident and he'll have much more of an impact when he does make it.

that Lucic wrist injury seems to be flying under everybody's radar...i really hope that doesn't impact him too much. We all saw what wrist surgery did to Samsonov.

Wrist injuries are pretty common. Lucic was doing well in the playoffs. I know Seguin and Chara had them after Washington, pretty sure Boychuk has had one, and so on. Usually you recover pretty quick.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009

Despite his size it seems from what I've seen and read that they see Krug as having that type of personality as well.

Seem to remember them talking about it in one of the early episodes of Behind the B, and Kirk's mentioned that "warrior" mentality as well.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Pastrnak has no chance. 25th overall is cursed. Bruins should have flipped it for a second.

He was my first round pick in the SIM league so if he makes it first year I'll be pretty happy; has a lot of the Rick Middleton flair

I still cant believe he went 25th- a redo he goes top 10.:laugh: You don't get first liners for teams picked in Vegas to win the Cup at 25.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Not entirely about his size, more about him not being rushed. He could probably cut it right now as a 3rd/4th RW from what I've heard, but there's really no reason why he shouldn't go back to Sweden and get better and stronger. He'll be a lot more confident and he'll have much more of an impact when he does make it.

I think the reason MAY be (as it's hypothetical right now and I'd still consider it a longshot to be honest) that Pastrnak makes the Boston Bruins a better team TODAY.

And I haven't seen this management team rush anyone into the league and ruin their confidence and promising careers yet. If it's a decision they make, it will be a sound one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad