They're back!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What The Puck

Future GM
Feb 12, 2014
Northeast
Welcome back Bruins!

My trade:

Boston:
Loui
Chris Kelly
Jordan Caron

Arizona:
Keith Yandle
Second round pick
six-pack of beer

You decide who was worth the six-pack.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Who was the top six forward? You mean the guy who was the star of our third line for most of the year?

And I'm not talking about Chris Kelly. :)

The guy who'll be skating alongside Krejci and Lucic this fall. You might know who it is if you'd paid attention.

The Yandle-to-Boston meme is beyond tiresome. The Bruins have a surplus of defensemen - if anything, they're going to trade one (or more), not add another.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
The guy who'll be skating alongside Krejci and Lucic this fall. You might know who it is if you'd paid attention.

The Yandle-to-Boston meme is beyond tiresome. The Bruins have a surplus of defensemen - if anything, they're going to trade one (or more), not add another.

Is it just me Arty, or does WTP have something against Loui Eriksson?

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

agree, why would the Bruins trade a top 6 forward for another defenseman. pink hats

What The Puck

Future GM
Feb 12, 2014
Northeast
Is it just me Arty, or does WTP have something against Loui Eriksson?

:nod: Yes.

I'm guessing that Loui will miss 20+ games (probably a concussion) and Chris Kelly will break a bone causing him to miss 20+ games.

You can quote me on that.

But other than that, I'm excited about the year. Like others, I want to see Pastrnak. Marchy will probably have a good year. Bergeron seems like an injury risk like the other two I mentioned, but we will get lots of value out of the time he is around. Our top two lines are going to be fine.

I'm aware of the Loui-got-promoted news, but that's only because an aging star left the team. We traded a top line player for a guy who played on the third line for most of the year. I will never understand how people defend that after the piece of crap performance and multiple injuries. And yet, it's a fair trade? Please. Homers..

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
agree, why would the Bruins trade a top 6 forward for another defenseman. pink hats

Swami says: DW, Bart, & Adam. What that yields, I don't know.

Whatever one thinks of Haggerty, I believe he makes a decent point when he writes that although trading Johnny Rocket would yield the most immediate return, it would also compromise a 2014-15 Cup run.

If the proverbial window is closing, and the Bruins want to win now, not five years from now, what do the they do? I like KM as a cheaper, younger AM (as much as I like Adam).

A bit like the bonus-laden/cap crazy Iginla gamble, I say keep Boychuck & see how things look in March. At that time, they could keep him & let him walk for major diniro next summer, in pursuit of another run. Or, they could trade Johnny for good return.

I'm still riding along with Peter the Patient and keeping an eye out before & after camp, and the first third of the season. And I didn't even mention forward moves! :)

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

I'm guessing that Loui will miss 20+ games (probably a concussion) and Chris Kelly will break a bone causing him to miss 20+ games.

But other than that, I'm excited about the year. Like others, I want to see Pastrnak. Marchy will probably have a good year. Bergeron seems like an injury risk like the other two I mentioned, but we will get lots of value out of the time he is around. Our top two lines are going to be fine.

I'm aware of the Loui-got-promoted news, but that's only because an aging star left the team. We traded a top line player for a guy who played on the third line for most of the year. I will never understand how people defend that after the piece of crap performance and multiple injuries. And yet, it's a fair trade? Please. Homers..

So following this logic, the Bruins should have dumped Bergeron following his concussion, since he had a "piece of crap performance" in the aftermath, and anyone who believes otherwise is a homer.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

And this is where this conversation ends.

You want to debate the Eriksson trade? Take it to the appropriate thread.

This one is about captain's practice.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

We traded a second line guy (Seguin) for a guy who plays a similar role (Eriksson) plus another (Smith) and some prospects.

How many games have Bergeron and Eriksson missed over the past few years? Sheesh.

You know, I think the only part of your post that is remotely correct is the anticipation that Kelly gets injured. He probably will. And Marchand is Marchand, he meets expectations when he doesn't get suspended and refs don't give him terrible reputation calls in a game 7.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad