Therrien - New Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Like I said earlier, I love the part when people have no more arguments, it's so pure.

Indeed, Here your answerS to the same question...

Q: Is putting the 3 best coaches in the NHL behind the Coyotes bench will make them successful?

A1: No coach can make the Coyotes make the playoffs, their roster are too poor.
A2: We're talking about the Habs roster vs the Coyotes roster, we're not talking about standings.
A3: If the Coyotes would have the 3 best coaches in their club (which only happens in your unicorn world) yes they would battle for a playoffs spot in the west. Because coaching plays a big part in a team success, I hope this is something you just didn't learn today

So pure indeed. :laugh:

Mr Jackpot

Mar 16, 2013
Montreal
If you put Quenneville with the Habs, they will make the playoffs

If you put Quenneville with the Coyotes, they will not make the playoffs

Roster vs roster.

Seriously, you're not even following the discussion, re-read.

Mr Jackpot

Mar 16, 2013
Montreal
Now if you put Scotty Bowman, Fred Shero and Al Albour as coaches with the Coyotes, yes they will battle for a playoff spot, because coaching plays a big part in a team's success (something you just learned today)

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
If you put Quenneville with the Habs, they will make the playoffs

If you put Quenneville with the Coyotes, they will not make the playoffs

Roster vs roster.

Then the record can't be the only way to evaluate coaching competence. End of story.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Like I said earlier, I love the part when people have no more arguments, it's so pure.
Did you watch tonight's game?

Who had the better roster? Who looked better on the ice? Who had more scoring chances?

Carey Price stole the game for us. Despite us having a much better roster we were surgically outplayed. But we won because our goalie saved the day. But you'd have us believe that the results are coaching based? Okay man.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven

Who had the better roster? Who looked better on the ice? Who had more scoring chances?

Carey Price stole the game for us. Despite us having a much better roster we were surgically outplayed. But we won because our goalie saved the day. But you'd have us believe that the results are coaching based? Okay man.

Regardless of the shots... We did have like 4 posts.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009

This

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Babcock's team was far superior system-wise and he had 4 weeks to prepare. The oaf coaching the habs has changed nothing in 3 years. an idiot

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Regardless of the shots... We did have like 4 posts.
And how many pucks could've gone in for them? Moreover, look at the first goal of the game. Does Price give that up?

We were outplayed convincingly tonight by a roster that would have a hard time beating anyone. But they had a well executed gameplan and dummied us most of the night. We had no answer for them. The freaking Maple Leafs man and we had no answers.

It's game one... okay. But we've seen this for the past two seasons. No way we should get dominated by a roster that bad.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
So DD led all forwards in even strength TOI. When it happened during the pre-seaon people said not to worry that it was just-pre-season . What are people's excuse now?

Desharnais 16:51
Galchenyuk 14:35

Habnot

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
The same 3 first games that the Habs dominated at 5 on 5?

The same game #3 that Tyler Johnson scored with 1 seconds left and after the game Jon Cooper said: "We got outplayed for the last 53 minutes of the game... We could have been easily been 0-3 in this series."

That was one of the easiest question ever.

Hey Nynja - you asked for it twice, not a peep from you. Hurts taking one in pouch :naughty:

Habnot

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
And how many pucks could've gone in for them? Moreover, look at the first goal of the game. Does Price give that up?

We were outplayed convincingly tonight by a roster that would have a hard time beating anyone. But they had a well executed gameplan and dummied us most of the night. We had no answer for them. The freaking Maple Leafs man and we had no answers.

It's game one... okay. But we've seen this for the past two seasons. No way we should get dominated by a roster that bad.

Our best players won the game, not just Price, isn't that what hockey is about? It was the Leafs home opener, you expect push back.

Habs did not play as bad as some of you are trying to make us believe.

RJJ

Jul 24, 2014
Ottawa
Deshernais played great.

Besides the shift that he missed 2 open nets his line was hemmed in their zone all game. Great game. If his best buddy wasn't the head coach his ass would have been stapled to the bench.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Deshernais played great.

Excuse me? Played great? In what way did DD contribute to the team winning tonight? When he played more than Eller people were fine with it because people have pegged Eller as an offensive black hole. DD now getting more ice time than Galchenyuk and our other more skilled players. No wonder wingers love to play with DD. It's not because he's good, it's because he's a golden ticket to the best free ride in town.

FO%

Eller 100%
Galchenyuk 70%
Desharnais 29%

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Our best players won the game, not just Price, isn't that what hockey is about? It was the Leafs home opener, you expect push back.
I expect us to be able to beat a roster that weak. I expect us to outplay a roster that weak. They dummied us and it was up to the goalie - again - to save our ass.
Habs did not play as bad as some of you are trying to make us believe.
They played a good system and we were in disarray. That is concerning. Esp when you compare the dispartiy in talent between the two rosters.

They didn't clobber us but they were definitively better and hemmed us in our own zone for much of the night. That's not a good sign.

Alex514

May 10, 2015
I see MT still uses his favourite pet a lot .... id say I'm surprised, but i'd be lying.

Lucky Luke

Jun 17, 2006
Pretty hard to criticize a guy who has accumulated 275 points out of a possible 426 points in regular season play since 2012.

Nynja*

Hey Nynja - you asked for it twice, not a peep from you. Hurts taking one in pouch :naughty:

IM still trying to figure out how the pens didnt make the playoffs in 2009 according to him, and how the kings finishing 8th in 2012 was relevant to 2015.

Mr Jackpot

Mar 16, 2013
Montreal
There's a lot of things you're still trying to figure out, I promiss you.

You still haven't figure out after 6 months that the Habs outplayed the Lightning in the 2nd round.

6 months.

Nynja*

Yup, out played them, and fell 0-3. Boo hoo, we out played them, we deserved better, wahh wahh, we were better!!

Werent you JUST rambling on and on about how its only the record is all that matters? Yeah, thought so.

It must suck to "take one in pouch".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad