GDT: There's a Game Today? I Thought the Season was Over! Hurricanes @ Stars 2/27 8:30PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
video_games_are_better_than_my_girlfriend_tshirt-r4586749f647b4a858d49225bc789c991_va6lr_512.jpg

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Not playing any Elder Scrolls series is a damn shame. I've probably put more time into Morrowind and Skyrim individually than I have in all my other games combined.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
did someone just call titanfall an mmo

am i in bizarro world?

"Blurring the lines between the “massively multiplayer online†(MMO) and “first person shooter†(FPS) genres, Titanfall will feature team-based, multi-player combat in a futuristic science-fiction setting. It will not feature a persistent online world that would be the mark of a true MMO, but will consist of a more in-depth storyline and game world than is typical for a multiplayer shooter."

I aggree it's not a traditional MMO.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
"Blurring the lines between the “massively multiplayer online†(MMO) and “first person shooter†(FPS) genres, Titanfall will feature team-based, multi-player combat in a futuristic science-fiction setting. It will not feature a persistent online world that would be the mark of a true MMO, but will consist of a more in-depth storyline and game world than is typical for a multiplayer shooter."

I aggree it's not a traditional MMO.

ah yes

the max 6 vs 6 mmo game

next you will tell me it is a dota-like because it has poor AI bots running around

the game is just cod with robots and parkour which sounds much cooler than the game actually turned out (unless the retail version is drastically different than the beta)

bb99

Apr 6, 2009
North Carolina
Man, is it terrible I have no f'ing clue what any of you are talking about? I like boobies, guns, beer, hockey, hunting, loud cars and rock and roll.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
ah yes

the max 6 vs 6 mmo game

next you will tell me it is a dota-like because it has poor AI bots running around

the game is just cod with robots and parkour which sounds much cooler than the game actually turned out (unless the retail version is drastically different than the beta)

Lol, I have to disagree with you. Titanfall certainly isn't an MMO, I'll give you that, but it's NOT just cod and those robots are called mechs if we're breaking it down.

I'm not a big fan of COD but I enjoyed Titanfall. Is it earth shattering? No, but it is a lot of fun and I don't plan on ever playing another COD once it arrives. So for me its a COD replacement and a good compliment to the mil-sim Battlefield.

The retail version should offer more goodies but I think if you didn't like the beta it's just not for you.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Man, is it terrible I have no f'ing clue what any of you are talking about? I like boobies, guns, beer, hockey, hunting, loud cars and rock and roll.

I like your list minus the hunting but I've done some bird hunting. I grew up fishing and have had a few jacked up trucks in my day. In fact if most of the people on here met me in person they wouldn't assume I was into video games and worked in I.T.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
Lol, I have to disagree with you. Titanfall certainly isn't an MMO, I'll give you that, but it's NOT just cod and those robots are called mechs if we're breaking it down.

I'm not a big fan of COD but I enjoyed Titanfall. Is it earth shattering? No, but it is a lot of fun and I don't plan on ever playing another COD once it arrives. So for me its a COD replacement and a good compliment to the mil-sim Battlefield.

The retail version should offer more goodies but I think if you didn't like the beta it's just not for you.

yeah, i know it isn't for me. gave it a try on pc anyway. not a fan of cod, so this didnt do anything for me either. the game was just way too easy with the auto lock on pistol. the mechs were barely even worth calling down because the pistol was just straight up better 99% of the time.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB

Just wait until the conversation inevitably switches back to Magic: The Gathering.

Speaking of which:

I put a copy of this card on the back of my clear cell phone case and often use it as an impromptu pick up line.

1027065.jpg

"Hey babe, would you like to get down and//or dirty? Or, if you have a Swamp *AND* a Forest, I can fuse them and we can do both."

Surprisingly, it doesn't work as well as you'd think, but it does get some pretty awesome reactions :laugh:

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
yeah, i know it isn't for me. gave it a try on pc anyway. not a fan of cod, so this didnt do anything for me either. the game was just way too easy with the auto lock on pistol. the mechs were barely even worth calling down because the pistol was just straight up better 99% of the time.

I didn't even use the pistol but a few times and didn't like it. Honestly, in 6 hours of playing I didn't notice being killed by it much either. I agree they'll have to tweak several things to give it longevity but as beta launches go I think they did a damn good job. That's more than I can say for BF4, by comparison in a similar category. Respawn has the luxury of M$'s Azure infrastructure and at least some separation from EA. Unlike Dice.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Yeah I'm fully expecting I'll get into The Elder Scrolls Online for the One.

Eh, I've been ambivalent about TESO. I've played the beta for a bit, but I'm just not feeling it. Certainly not something I'd pay a monthly prescription for...in addition to the XBox Live subscription.

If I was going to introduce someone into the series, Skyrim would be my choice. Massive world to explore, great graphics, and if you've got the PC to handle it, a great modding community that can add hours and hours to your experience.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
I know you've all moved on to video game chat (which is cool with me, can we start a thread in here for it?), but did anyone talk about how bad Gerbe looked? I know he's gone through some rough patches this season, and I still love the guy, but that was probably the worst I've seen him play. Pretty sure literally every time he touched the puck he turned it over.

I was also surprised that Cole still has some wheels. After MTL I forgot he even existed (outside of the recycle laughs). I clearly don't watch enough WC play, because there's some guys I wish I saw more of (ie Benn).

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Eh, I've been ambivalent about TESO. I've played the beta for a bit, but I'm just not feeling it. Certainly not something I'd pay a monthly prescription for...in addition to the XBox Live subscription.

If I was going to introduce someone into the series, Skyrim would be my choice. Massive world to explore, great graphics, and if you've got the PC to handle it, a great modding community that can add hours and hours to your experience.

For me it's more that I have to draw a line when it come to video games. After having kids I decided I'd stick to consoles and play when I got bits of free time. It's not that I wouldn't love to get back into PC gaming, I just have some life stuff to knockout first.

Basically, I just don't trust myself with a gaming PC and an immersive game right now.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
I know you've all moved on to video game chat (which is cool with me, can we start a thread in here for it?), but did anyone talk about how bad Gerbe looked? I know he's gone through some rough patches this season, and I still love the guy, but that was probably the worst I've seen him play. Pretty sure literally every time he touched the puck he turned it over.

I was also surprised that Cole still has some wheels. After MTL I forgot he even existed (outside of the recycle laughs). I clearly don't watch enough WC play, because there's some guys I wish I saw more of (ie Benn).

To me Gerbe has looked pretty bad these past two games. Pretty mediocre for a while too. Makes you wonder if he's nursing something at the moment.

I also agree with you on Cole. He seemed pretty noticeable out there. Could've just been that he was extra motivated considering his opponent. Whitney looked smaller than I remember and old in green. Keebler Elf maybe?

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
I enjoyed the first Borderlands on 360 and didn't get a chance to play #2 before selling my 360. That, GTA5, and BF3 occupied most of my gaming time over the past year. Borderlands 2 is coming to the PS Vita sometime this year I think. That should be interesting. I don't have a Vita though.

I haven't played any of the Elder Scrolls but I've heard they're good. I got in to the Mass Effect Series on PC as well. That' s probably the last immersive game I played other than GTA5.

...and of course the couple of years I was into WoW. Shhh. Don't tell anyone. I had to give that up though. That's not a game I could handle casually.

I definitely didn't play that game for....5(?) years of my life. Having my roommate still play it makes me want to pick it back up...but it's just an awful game compared to how it used to be IMO.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
dark souls 2 comes out next week and infamous second son comes out shortly after

that's cool. especially ds2

Of course, I'm still pretty upset that Dark Souls 2 isn't on the new gen consoles as of yet. However, I'm still going to play the hell out of it.

...is it bad that I never beat Dark Souls? I did beat Demon's Souls, and I'm roughly halfway through Dark Souls but haven't sat down to play it for like a day straight like I usually have to in order to make significant progress.

I just made one, and I apologize for being involved in getting multiple threads off-topic.

Everyone else: Please move any/all NHL14/video game discussion to the new thread aptly named for such discussion.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad