Injury Report: 2024-25 Injury Report thread (Gibson out 3-6 weeks)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Saying the team would be better if Dostal gets more starts due to Gibson’s appendectomy isn’t saying he’s happy about it.

Especially if you exclude, "it's addition by subtraction," and "Just not convinced he's a good goalie anymore at all."

If Gibby isn't good anymore "at all", then it's to cynically rationalize gifting Dostal more games to play while not understanding Dostal can't play all 82 games. Hence, me identifying that stance is a Pyrrhic victory. I.e. "Dostal for the win, but who plays when Dostal isn't playing?"

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
At this point, it's better that Gibson has a significant 'off ice' training injury where he is out for the season. We would be able to have even more cap space and would be able to help a contender like Nashville add Fowler/Vatrano on the cheap for a bigger return. Gibby frequent minor injuries are more annoying than anything else at this point.
First, saying that's its better for him to suffer a season ending injury is pretty pathetic. There is not liking him and then there's that. Secondly, the ducks are 2 mil above the cap floor. Why would they need to add more cap space?

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Gibson being Injured again just tanked his trade value. No sense in trading him now unless he demands a trade

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Especially if you exclude, "it's addition by subtraction," and "Just not convinced he's a good goalie anymore at all."

If Gibby isn't good anymore "at all", then it's to cynically rationalize gifting Dostal more games to play while not understanding Dostal can't play all 82 games. Hence, me identifying that stance is a Pyrrhic victory. I.e. "Dostal for the win, but who plays when Dostal isn't playing?"
Celebrating an illness or injury is wrong, thinking the team might benefit if the next guy up is better isn’t. BTW, no one thinks Dostal is playing 82 games, that’s a ridiculous assertion.

Reactions: AngelDuck and Kalv

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad