Denver Post: The Varlamov Investigation: Part II *Read the MOD WARNING in post #1*

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Relaxedriley

Slightly Sober
Mar 1, 2012
Oregon
huh?

I don't think he was comparing the content of the cases. He was comparing the process and the role of the witness and/or victim, and explaining how a case becomes the state vs. the defendant rather than the victim vs. defendant. Once the DA gets the case and proceeds with it, he is throwing everything at the defendant regardless of whether the victim wants to participate or not.

I'm obviously not making myself very clear lately lol. In his example the police photographed and reported injuries consistent with the original story. That prosecutor had a case without a witness. In the
Case against Varly their are too many holes without her testimony, unless the hospital records indicate she had been beaten up.

For the record I don't see her backing down at all. I think it will all come down to what injuries were documented at the hospital.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/semyon-varlamov-alleged-victim-problem-alcohol-wants-2-194718938--nhl.html

Some interesting news. This was the most interesting part: "“When I texted him ‘Semyon, I am with my attorney. My attorney’s name is so-so. Here is his number. Make it happen that your attorney gets in touch with my attorney.’ To which he replied ‘There are some of your things left, where could these be passed on to you?’ I wrote to him that all questions will be resolved by my attorney. ‘Have your attorney call mine.’ So, he didn’t believe to the end that I went to the police. And then he called me at night asking…sending text messages ‘Where are you? Should I reserve a hotel for you?’ Maybe somehow he wanted to hush it, but I firmly decided [to go to the police].†[at 12:50]"

Odd that he would offer her a hotel room if he was truly leaving her with nothing.

The video will be used as evidence as well. To which Varly's attorney will say is evidence that she was pre-meditating this move to go to the police before the alleged events took place.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/semyon-varlamov-alleged-victim-problem-alcohol-wants-2-194718938--nhl.html

Some interesting news. This was the most interesting part: "“When I texted him ‘Semyon, I am with my attorney. My attorney’s name is so-so. Here is his number. Make it happen that your attorney gets in touch with my attorney.’ To which he replied ‘There are some of your things left, where could these be passed on to you?’ I wrote to him that all questions will be resolved by my attorney. ‘Have your attorney call mine.’ So, he didn’t believe to the end that I went to the police. And then he called me at night asking…sending text messages ‘Where are you? Should I reserve a hotel for you?’ Maybe somehow he wanted to hush it, but I firmly decided [to go to the police].†[at 12:50]"

Odd that he would offer her a hotel room if he was truly leaving her with nothing.

The video will be used as evidence as well. To which Varly's attorney will say is evidence that she was pre-meditating this move to go to the police before the alleged events took place.

Jeez the media tour continues. She's giving skype interviews now?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I like this one.

"Claims Varlamov kicked her out after she threatened to go to the police because he had beat her earlier. She is now living with her attorney and his wife. Claims Varlamov threw away her belongings and blocked her debit/credit card leaving her “with no money for a bottle of water.â€

So she has literally $0 to her own name, and relies completely on Varlamov for cash? What is she five years old?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
"Because when all of this was happening and I was crying, when I was talking, he was saying ‘Who are you? I am a star. And I a player of the national team, the NHL.’ He was tearing his T-shirts and yelled ‘I am a World Champion! And who are you?’

Gpmpm.gif

member 116861

"Because when all of this was happening and I was crying, when I was talking, he was saying ‘Who are you? I am a star. And I a player of the national team, the NHL.’ He was tearing his T-shirts and yelled ‘I am a World Champion! And who are you?’

Gpmpm.gif

Haha, did he really say that?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

Gpmpm.gif

:laugh:

I thought the same exact thing.

MvpKinnon

Jul 23, 2011
Helsinki, Finland

Gpmpm.gif

:laugh::laugh: Well, it's true. He is a World Champion.

ThatAvsGamer

Feb 21, 2013
Ontario
I like this one.

"Claims Varlamov kicked her out after she threatened to go to the police because he had beat her earlier. She is now living with her attorney and his wife. Claims Varlamov threw away her belongings and blocked her debit/credit card leaving her “with no money for a bottle of water.â€

So she has literally $0 to her own name, and relies completely on Varlamov for cash? What is she five years old?

Didn't she say her parents were getting death threats in Russia? If I were her I would want to be living with someone else and not alone. She had a job before Varly brought to America didn't she? I don't see how she would have $0 to her name. If she does actually have nothing then that's pretty sad.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Didn't she say her parents were getting death threats in Russia? If I were her I would want to be living with someone else and not alone. She had a job before Varly brought to America didn't she? I don't see how she would have $0 to her name. If she does actually have nothing then that's pretty sad.

I think she said they were getting death threats after this thing happened with Varly. If true, probably from some crazy fans.

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011

Just imagine for a second Varlamov doing this...

zxcvnm

Jun 19, 2013
Remember SammyJankis

She might have some money back home, but it's not always easy to access it internationally. Plus, she quit her job so it doesn't seem like she would have a steady stream of income. And frankly it's very tough to judge her situation since none of us are familiar with what things are like in Russia and for people of her chosen profession there. Heck, there are plenty of people in this country who live paycheck to paycheck who'd be completely broke if they suddenly moved to a non-English speaking country.

There's a reason why a lot of women who quit their jobs to be homemakers only do so after they get married. She made a pretty drastic decision in her life without any sort of safety net.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO

Gpmpm.gif

I laughed way harder at this than I probably should have

Avs44

May 16, 2011

Some interesting news. This was the most interesting part: "“When I texted him ‘Semyon, I am with my attorney. My attorney’s name is so-so. Here is his number. Make it happen that your attorney gets in touch with my attorney.’ To which he replied ‘There are some of your things left, where could these be passed on to you?’ I wrote to him that all questions will be resolved by my attorney. ‘Have your attorney call mine.’ So, he didn’t believe to the end that I went to the police. And then he called me at night asking…sending text messages ‘Where are you? Should I reserve a hotel for you?’ Maybe somehow he wanted to hush it, but I firmly decided [to go to the police].” [at 12:50]"

I'm getting really conflicted messages from this girl...

He's a terrible woman beating monster who in the past has apparently beat her with a bicycle, tried to drown her in a puddle, arrogant, etc...

Yet he texted/called her right after and offered to reserve her a hotel room?

Also, if the report that she has received death threats in Russia is true...that's just sad, regardless of what happened.

Edit: And apparently she has video proof of the condition Varlamov was in at 10pm as well as many friends who knew about the alleged beatings...a lot of her allegations should be fairly easy to prove.

Last edited:

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Keep in mind a few things here....

1) She came over from Russia recently. When you fly over, you can bring about 2 suitcases worth of your life with you. You guys make it sound like she U-Hauled all of her stuff or put it on a barge. Try going to DHL and shipping a small box overseas. It's usually about $200, checked for customs taxes, and if it goes through a Russian officer it's usually opened and expensive items are taken/stolen.

2) People in Soviet countries don't put money into banks and live in our ATM world. During harsh times in history the communist government raided people's savings accounts. Its not uncommon for people over there to still be stuffing money into their mattresses or burying it in their back yards.

3) The communist regime and the move away from it has been very interesting. There is still actually a lot of sentiment to stay with communism because people were given everything without having to work or be innovative to obtain wealth. There is a huge number of people that are very reliant on the government and really don't have much of a concept of how to fend for themselves. Most folks want freedom over there, but when capitalism comes into play they want communism back because they have no idea how to compete economically for themselves or for their country/company. I don't know what this girl's situation is, but for her to be poor and dependent isn't really that far fetched from what I have seen in my visits over there.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007

Gpmpm.gif

Eat your heart out, brother!

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012

1) She came over from Russia recently. When you fly over, you can bring about 2 suitcases worth of your life with you. You guys make it sound like she U-Hauled all of her stuff or put it on a barge. Try going to DHL and shipping a small box overseas. It's usually about $200, checked for customs taxes, and if it goes through a Russian officer it's usually opened and expensive items are taken/stolen.

2) People in Soviet countries don't put money into banks and live in our ATM world. During harsh times in history the communist government raided people's savings accounts. Its not uncommon for people over there to still be stuffing money into their mattresses or burying it in their back yards.

3) The communist regime and the move away from it has been very interesting. There is still actually a lot of sentiment to stay with communism because people were given everything without having to work or be innovative to obtain wealth. There is a huge number of people that are very reliant on the government and really don't have much of a concept of how to fend for themselves. Most folks want freedom over there, but when capitalism comes into play they want communism back because they have no idea how to compete economically for themselves or for their country/company. I don't know what this girl's situation is, but for her to be poor and dependent isn't really that far fetched from what I have seen in my visits over there.

She came over here from Hong Kong didn't she?

Avs44

May 16, 2011

Supposedly she was a model in Hong Kong, no?

zxcvnm

Jun 19, 2013
Remember SammyJankis

Supposedly she was a model in Hong Kong, no?

And this changes the validity of what he said how? Okay okay, she came from Russia by way of Hong Kong. Is it really that important? It's highly unlikely she came to this country with that much money in her pocket. She is accustomed to the Russian lifestyle not the Hong Kong lifestyle. Spending a little bit of time in Hong Kong will not change that.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO

Yeah apparently she cancelled the contract and had been living with Varly for a year.

Keep in mind she probably came here on a tourist visa or something. He could not have gotten her a visa since he's not a citizen himself. And she would have had to probably wait a long time for a work permit in the US. Waiting for a work permit takes about 3-4 months or so, and her lack of any english skills probably killed her chances at employment all together.

Typically if you aren't coming from England or Canada or something like that, you're sitting for 6 months watching TV every day stripped of your rights to work or anything meaningful. Immigration sucks.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
And this changes the validity of what he said how? Okay okay, she came from Russia by way of Hong Kong. Is it really that important? It's highly unlikely she came to this country with that much money in her pocket. She is accustomed to the Russian lifestyle not the Hong Kong lifestyle. Spending a little bit of time in Hong Kong will not change that.
I'm just confused as to how she had a job in Hong Kong as a model but does not even have enough money to buy a water bottle here.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I'm just confused as to how she had a job in Hong Kong as a model but does not even have enough money to buy a water bottle here.

sounds like she wasn't working for a year. "Model" sounds so serious and rich, but I've seen it used other times as the equivalency of being pretty and darn near unemployed. Every woman in their low to mid 20's seems to be a "part time model"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad