Denver Post: The Varlamov Investigation: Part II *Read the MOD WARNING in post #1*

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

kitsel

Mar 31, 2012
No... just avoid it.

Yup. I made a few (logical) posts in that thread and was met with VICTIM BLAMING VICTIM BLAMING STOP BLAMING THE VICTIM YOU ARE THE PROBLEM WITH SOCIETY.

I'm not sure they understand the word, they just throw it around at anyone who dares to suggest anything other than stringing Varly up. The idea that blaming the victim and having reasonable doubts about the validity of her statements are two different things seems to be a bit of an issue in that thread. Unreal that people think that someone who has been charged with no crime and who may never be should be sitting out, especially with some of the odd information we've had emerge as time has gone on.

No one here is saying that we're absolutely confident he's innocent or that we want him playing even if he's guilty or that we don't care - I'm sure we all want him prosecuted harshly if this is true. But ... yeah, I don't know why I'm even articulating this here, preaching to the choir lol.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
And common law marriage in Colorado isn't just an automatic thing. Just living with your girlfriend/boyfriend for a certain amount of time isn't enough for it to be a common law marriage, regardless of what some people think.

I'd still like that poster to come back and answer my questions.

They're not married and have only been dating one another for a year, surely she wouldn't be given the same options, such as alimony, percentage of income, etc. that usually goes along with the divorce of a married couple.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario

They're not married and have only been dating one another for a year, surely she wouldn't be given the same options, such as alimony, percentage of income, etc. that usually goes along with the divorce of a married couple.

Fairly sure she isn't entitled to a dime.

Burner99

Sep 9, 2011
I cant believe some of the nonsense being spewed on the main board.

Yeah, first I was reading the Thread on the mainboard as I'm not an Avs Fan. But soon I realised that there are some weird posts and so I decided to visit the Colorado Forum in hope that there is a better conversation ongoing. Luckily, I was not disappointed.

I also have some questions regarding this case. If Varlamov will be charged for the things claimed by the woman and the judgement takes for example until March. Will he be able to participate in the Olympics? I would guess he wouldn't be allowed to leave the country, but I really have no idea.

Another question I have is regarding suspension. If the Avs or the NHL would decide to suspend him, will he get paid without playing? Thats how these suspension works in my home country. And I also assume that his salary would still count against the cap, or is this wrong?

This aren't really important question regarding this case, but I would like to know the answer to them

FSD219

Jun 26, 2013
Yeah, first I was reading the Thread on the mainboard as I'm not an Avs Fan. But soon I realised that there are some weird posts and so I decided to visit the Colorado Forum in hope that there is a better conversation ongoing. Luckily, I was not disappointed.

I also have some questions regarding this case. If Varlamov will be charged for the things claimed by the woman and the judgement takes for example until March. Will he be able to participate in the Olympics? I would guess he wouldn't be allowed to leave the country, but I really have no idea.

Another question I have is regarding suspension. If the Avs or the NHL would decide to suspend him, will he get paid without playing? Thats how these suspension works in my home country. And I also assume that his salary would still count against the cap, or is this wrong?

This aren't really important question regarding this case, but I would like to know the answer to them

Pretty sure that he is allowed to leave the country, but that could have been just to Canada because of his job

If he did get suspended, he would not get paid and his salary would still count against the cap

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It has not been explicitly sated but yes I believe he can go to the Olympics. His lawyers would probably make sure no hearings or anything occurred during that time. The Russians would certainly step in if anything was going to jeopardize that.

I do not think the Avs or the NHL will suspend him. If it goes on long enough the Avs may not offer him a contract next season.

Heard on the news last night that the DA has not even received the case yet. So it will be a while.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL

Depends on the state and the laws. I think some states have 6 months living together as common law marriage. But even so, with her making these accusations I would imagine that would make any potential common law rights null and void.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Kiszla completely changed his tune in that new article. He said he talked about why on a radio show, I'll have to listen to it later when I get home.

Also Friedman said he agrees with the Avs supporting Varly.

ignorotic

Oct 8, 2011
Denver CO
Here is a link to the Kiszla article and video where he talks about what he heard from Roy and Varlamov yesterday.

http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_24462999/roy-putting-trust-faith-varlamov

Interestingly, Kiszla was asked if he believed Von Miller's claim of innocence last summer in comparison to if he believed Varlamov's claim of innocence now. Kiszla said, based on face to face conversations, he thought Miller was lying at the time, and that Varlamov is telling the truth now.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Here is a link to the Kiszla article and video where he talks about what he heard from Roy and Varlamov yesterday.

http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_24462999/roy-putting-trust-faith-varlamov

Interestingly, Kiszla was asked if he believed Von Miller's claim of innocence last summer in comparison to if he believed Varlamov's claim of innocence now. Kiszla said, based on face to face conversations, he thought Miller was lying at the time, and that Varlamov is telling the truth now.

Kiszla is a master of knowing when you're lying. Should have been a cop.

SB

Mar 9, 2004
Colorado
Patrick Roy was asked point blank if he thought Varly was innocent and he said "absolutely."

I just translated a bunch of the interview, and then lost my post ... but basically he said it they had additional info and versions, from different people not necessarily from Varly, that made them think it was ok to play him, at this point.

It starts at about 10:20 http://www.1043thefan.com/Channels/EvansKlatt/story.aspx?ID=2074555

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Good info, but Avalanche management and the sports media are probably the LEAST impartial folks in this.

The DA's decision to progress this will tell a lot about the evidence. It's a high profile case and the cost will probably be substantial to pursue. I still want to hear some facts before I make any judgements. So much heresay in this thing.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Good info, but Avalanche management and the sports media are probably the LEAST impartial folks in this.

The DA's decision to progress this will tell a lot about the evidence. It's a high profile case and the cost will probably be substantial to pursue. I still want to hear some facts before I make any judgements. So much heresay in this thing.

No, the DA will only prosecute if Varly's girlfriend is going to continue to pursue charges against him.

If Varly really wanted out of this, he could settle with the gf on the civil suit, and have her not continue with her charges against him.

The DA isnt going to pursue charges against Varlamov if their alleged victim drops charges, and is unwilling to testify because of her settlement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad