OT - NO POLITICS The TV thread - RIP Miss Jean - Boston's Romper Room teacher

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Idc how many times I see it the sopranos series finale just sucks.

Didnt really wrap up anything but maybe thats the point Tony dies and the show is over
It sucks but it's sort of brilliant, to this day we're wondering.....there is no into the sunset with Sopranos...and just like the conversation between Tony and Bobby in the boat:

'you probably don't even hear it, when it happens'

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Idc how many times I see it the sopranos series finale just sucks.

Didnt really wrap up anything but maybe thats the point Tony dies and the show is over
Yeah that’s pretty much the point. David Chase specifically recreated the scene in the restaurant where Stevie Van Zandts character was right next to a dude who got whacked for the finale right before it faded to black. The entire purpose was to show people Tony got whacked without showing it. It just went black which was a metaphor. So many people either hated it or missed it completely

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I haven’t but will definitely check it out. What streamer or channel is it on?

Wednesday is a lot of fun. They did a great job with casting but also updating the story for today. I mean crap, it’s Tim Burton and he directed most of the episodes as well. It definitely has his fingerprints all over it.
I think I'm 5 or 6 episodes deep on Wednesday and I'm enjoying it much more than anticipated. Still, I can't help but feel as though the controversy on the dance night scene was manufactured to drum up interest and keep sucking in new viewers. Also, the scene wasn't even that good! It is extremely out of character

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I think I'm 5 or 6 episodes deep on Wednesday and I'm enjoying it much more than anticipated. Still, I can't help but feel as though the controversy on the dance night scene was manufactured to drum up interest and keep sucking in new viewers. Also, the scene wasn't even that good! It is extremely out of character
Yeah, I had to be told by my daughter about the whole covid thing because I wasn't following the show or even aware of it until we started watching it. Definitely enjoying it a lot more than I expected to though. The bartender from Boogie Nights has Gomez down cold and Zeta Jones is great as Morticia.

Reactions: TD Charlie

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
It sucks but it's sort of brilliant, to this day we're wondering.....there is no into the sunset with Sopranos...and just like the conversation between Tony and Bobby in the boat:

'you probably don't even hear it, when it happens'

I remember watching it as it aired. There was a group of us in the room. While I don't despise the finale, I absolutely hated the little pause between the screen going black and the credits rolling. I wish they had gone immediately to the credits. Because the reaction in the room for the first few seconds was one of "did our cable/signal just go out?" which I think would of been avoided had they just gone immediately to the credit roll.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Yeah makes sense, i was pretty sure he got whacked...now i see Chase confirmed it recently...or it was his cable that went out
He’d been hinting at it for years and clearly was surprised a lot of people didn’t realize it. I think it’s also interesting that most people wanted him to live, given that he really wasn’t a good guy.

Reactions: Dueling Banjos

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I just plowed through Barry on HBO. Good show, takes some interesting turns.
I am absolutely LOVING Better Things on FX/Hulu. Pamela Adlon is fantastic.

Now that I’m off for the holidays I have time for some shows. The Crown, Emily in Paris, White Lotus.

I will watch Winning Time on HBO when it returns. It’s not even very good but I watch it anyway. I am impatient for the return of Succession!

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

Now that I’m off for the holidays I have time for some shows. The Crown, Emily in Paris, White Lotus.

I will watch Winning Time on HBO when it returns. It’s not even very good but I watch it anyway. I am impatient for the return of Succession!
Agreed. I loved Winning Time, even if it's historically inaccurate and makes Red Auerbach out to be a villain, it's just fascinating and well produced.

Reactions: Gordon Lightfoot

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.

1671819060248.png

1671819011256.png

1671819141482.png

1671819190527.png

1671819320280.png

1671819416800.png

Seasons 1-3 please. Though I appreciated David Ogden Stiers much later
1671819510459.png

The Nanny. No, it was not a guilty pleasure

1671820027444.png

Black Adder,
1671820925558.png

1671818967131.png

Attachments

• 1671819304429.png
    1671819304429.png
    91.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 1671819253696.png
    1671819253696.png
    936.4 KB · Views: 3

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Im a big fan of Marvel. I grew up buying the comics all the way back to the mid 60s.

I did, too. When I was a kid in the 70s.

I also watched the animated Marvel superhero series from 1966... in the early 70s. Monday was Captain America, Tuesday, the Hulk, Wednesday, Iron Man, Thursday, Submariner (which I didn't watch because he was the dud of the group), and Friday, Thor.

These, along with the Spiderman animated episodes, campy mid 60s "live action" Batman, Land of the Giants, and more all aired on Detroit's UHF channel 20. And I watched them all religiously, as well as The Dick Van Dyke Show, Laurel and Hardy shorts, The Three Stooges, and The Odd Couple, all of which aired on Windsor's channel 9.

All of these shows came on, naturally, after school. So did the ABC affiliate's 4 O'Clock Movie, Sir Graves Ghastly and The Goul (sic).

At night, it was The Rookies, SWAT, Baretta, The Rockford Files, Columbo, Kojack, Happy Days, What's Happening, The Brady Bunch, Chico and the Man, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, MASH, The Night Stalker, Night Gallery, etcetera.

Those were the days, ladies and germs. Those were the days.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
That 90s Show might be the worst thing I've watched in a long time. Of all the uninspired reboots of nostalgic TV shows over the past few years, this might be the lowest of the lows. A cheap cash grab that has no originality to its premise, makes zero sense in chronology, and just relies on the stars of the original show to make cameos here and there so the studio audience can just shout WOOOOOO.

I watched one episode and have no intention of watching any more. To be somewhat fair at least Red Foreman still makes me laugh. But everything else is bad, especially the new group of kids.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Watched Madoff-Monster of Wall Street on Netflix last weekend. 4 part documentary that does a really good job painting the picture of his rise and fall and how his scheme worked. Fascinating stuff.

Also does a good job hammering the SEC for their failure to catch this sooner.....

Reactions: GordonHowe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad