OT: The Thread About Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
You should also look into the Devils' game at the renovated Coliseum in January. The Islanders will be playing everyone in the Metro [except the Rags :laugh:] there at least once in the latter half of the season. I'm sure tickets will be at a premium but seeing as this will be one of the final opportunities to watch an NHL game in that barn as an opposing fan, I'm willing to shell out.

I don't think the prices will be that bad actually, especially cause they are playing half the season there for the next 3 seasons, that new arena doesn't open until 2021.

Reactions: New Jersey

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Making my first visit to a psychiatrist this week. A little freaked out about it but I think it’ll be good. Just weird

Props dude. The hardest part is making the appointment. Good luck!

You should also look into the Devils' game at the renovated Coliseum in January. The Islanders will be playing everyone in the Metro [except the Rags :laugh:] there at least once in the latter half of the season. I'm sure tickets will be at a premium but seeing as this will be one of the final opportunities to watch an NHL game in that barn as an opposing fan, I'm willing to shell out.

I was too lazy to go ten minutes south, I know I'm too lazy to drive out to Long Island.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) CHIEF KEEFE
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
I don't think the prices will be that bad actually, especially cause they are playing half the season there for the next 3 seasons, that new arena doesn't open until 2021.

Yeah, obviously the prices on TicketExchange on July 31st probably aren't the most accurate barometer.

I will be treating myself to some nice lowers approximately ten rows from the glass in this scenario. As a balcony man at the Rock, I tend to treat myself when watching the boys on the road.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Jersey Man

Mad Dog
Oct 20, 2008
New York, NY
Barclays is fun because the last two times we played there it almost felt like Newark.

Yeah, I definitely don't mind going if it works out. I live in Astoria and work in lower Manhattan so I don't have a good excuse not to go lol

Nashville was a fun, easy trip. We are looking at Boston this season possibly, though I was pushing for Vancouver :laugh:

Problem I'm coming across is not many of my HS/college friends are hockey fans, let alone Devils fans so I'm going to have to do some trips solo which I'm fine with but Nashville is a city I don't want to go alone since it would be more enjoyable with friends, same for Vegas for obvious reasons. I went to Denver by myself last year and had a blast.

Vancouver is defintiely on my list for the 2020 season at this point which is scary to think that far ahead.

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
I basically consider Barclays a home game at this point (it helps that I have a Hoboken visitor parking pass courtesy of my aunt and can drive then take PATH/Subway). I will be attending every single game the Devils play there until the Islanders move back to Nassau County full time.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Wow that just sounds awful. I'm fine without double sessions as long as there is an extra week of practice coming back.

I was out of the sport for a while and finally got back into it a few years back and I'm so glad I did. Really helped me transition coming back home from college. I just wish I played college ball
The 1 mile run was the only thing that was awful. But I actually enjoyed drills and practice... I loved nut-crackers on both sides of the ball as I played both FB and LB, I loved "bull in the ring" the most. I mostly enjoyed any "live" drill. But that 1 mile with helmet and shoulder pads in August is still the toughest thing I ever did. Based on position we had to come in at or under certain times. For me it was an 8 minute mile and that was a major challenge. I always had a decent 40 time (4.5 ish) but a mile killed me.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
i dont know man, reading some of your posts of the few years makes me think your at least close enough to it
Everything I do is a work-around based on someone else's timeline or goals. I'm not complaining, I get to do a lot of things...but I rarely get to do what I want when I want.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
The 1 mile run was the only thing that was awful. But I actually enjoyed drills and practice... I loved nut-crackers on both sides of the ball as I played both FB and LB, I loved "bull in the ring" the most. I mostly enjoyed any "live" drill. But that 1 mile with helmet and shoulder pads in August is still the toughest thing I ever did. Based on position we had to come in at or under certain times. For me it was an 8 minute mile and that was a major challenge. I always had a decent 40 time (4.5 ish) but a mile killed me.

lol you'd probably be very disappointed with the way I run my practices if you loved the nut-cracker. I hardly ever let the boys hit bodies. 99% of the tackling drills are on bags. Funny thing is, they have gotten better at tackling since we went that route and we had zero concussions this past season.

I do love bull in the ring though, we call it king of the jungle, but it's the same thing. Gets everyone fired up

That mile run just sounds awful though.

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
My understanding is that Psychologists don't prescribe meds
Psychiatrists do

Though I've never seen either so can't confirm

i've seen both, and i would agree with this:

Therapist vs. Psychologist | How Do The Careers Differ?

so it's fair to say we're both technically correct. the terms are interchangeable depending on the qualifications of the specific therapist/psychologist your seeing.

someone can be qualified to render therapy without being a qualified "psychologist." the inverse may apply in the scenario that a qualified psychologist tends to render therapy.

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
Be careful with them prescribing meds

A cousin got f'd up from a shady one who wrote scripts to make $

Maybe go to a psychologist first?

doing neurologist first actually to go back on ADHD medicine since i'm returning to school in the fall for programming courses, then do a psychologist to deal with the depression that had gotten worse over the course of my last toxic relationship

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
doing neurologist first actually to go back on ADHD medicine since i'm returning to school in the fall for programming courses, then do a psychologist to deal with the depression that had gotten worse over the course of my last toxic relationship

Best of luck

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
The middle of a stream, in the middle of the woods with only the sounds of nature can cure anything that ails me.

Reactions: Aethon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad