Playoffs: whom to cheer, whom to jeer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
I feel for Edmonton. With the sole exception of Chicago, I pretty much always cheer for the team with the really large fanbase to be able to celebrate winning the cup over the tiny one. Not gonna surprise me that much if f***ing Carolina is next in line or something. Boring.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Or the other team's defense/goaltending's ability to shutdown the offense, granted it was a close one, but you can only ride two superstars up front for so long.

not having enough depth would still be the offense letting them down though

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
eh they lost 2-1

it was the offense that let them down tonight

I'd say it's both. A Stanley Cup game 7 is likely going to be a low scoring affair and the refs aren't going to call much. They were a couple bounces away from tying it.

In that one series Bobrovsky made a big save and his teammate cleared the juicy rebound then they went down to the other end, an Oilers Dman blew his coverage and Skinner let in a goal he'd like to have back.

Or the other team's defense/goaltending's ability to shutdown the offense, granted it was a close one, but you can only ride two superstars up front for so long.

I don't know what's up with Draisaitl but McDavid looked absolutely gassed last night.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
I don't know what's up with Draisaitl but McDavid looked absolutely gassed last night.

It's the finals of a 7-game series, I can understand that he's gassed. This is a new experience for him and the rest of the team, hopefully he builds on it. But it's really hard to get back to this position again, and their team needs some retooling on the backend and possibly goaltending upgrade. Seeing guys like Bouchard and Hughes play these playoffs reaffirms why I value defensive dmen more.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
It's the finals of a 7-game series, I can understand that he's gassed. This is a new experience for him and the rest of the team, hopefully he builds on it. But it's really hard to get back to this position again, and their team needs some retooling on the backend and possibly goaltending upgrade. Seeing guys like Bouchard and Hughes play these playoffs reaffirms why I value defensive dmen more.

Oh totally. McDavid put that team on his back this playoffs. I was agreeing that was the difference. Drai was invisible, McDavid was out of gas, so the Oilers couldn't outscore their mistakes.

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
this goes here

e2336c41-01b3-4dc3-bd55-d9b48370efd5.jpeg

EDIT: Oops, sorry @JediOrderPizza, missed your post last night, sorry for the redundancy. On the other hand, there's no such thing as bagging on Perry too much.

Last edited:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
It was nice to see, how Selke Trophy Center did eat a great scorer alive.

1719420783372.png

I'll take one Barkov over McDavid any day, and can't stop laughing with the cheaper caphit, when going in the bank.

Just like Datsyuk.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
You spelled Zetterberg wrong

You know, either one, having the right culture.

We have a long culture since Fedorov arrived.

Fedorov, Yzerman (career turnaround), Larionov, Draper, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Filppula, Helm, Larkin... probably Danielson, Kasper etc.

Let's keep the winning tradition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad