OT: The Thread About Nothing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Bleed

Dating sites/apps blow. I used to message girls on Facebook and even Friendster (2003 says wuddup!) and got dates that way. **** a dating site but I’m sure it works for some. All I met on them were a bunch of flakes. They usually ghosted before long and were texting/messaging with other guys. Not that there’s anything wrong with talking/dating multi’s when you’re not yet in a relationship. Just remember the numbers game. +1 on the dude who said that.

By the way, this girl sounds like some skank I “dated” about 5 years ago. She was a cheater, a liar and a bunch of other NSFW words. She was living with the ex, still “sleeping” with him, but claimed they weren’t actually having sex, just sharing a bed/home/expenses. He even had his FB tagged with her as in a relationship and their family picture with their kid as his profile pic. I threatened to tell him about us and she got so angry and cut me off. I never did tell him, I’m such s teddy bear, but I hope the next guy did. I asked her if she was gonna line up the next guy and she said she was terrified after that, so she’ll just be unhappy forever. **** her and **** your girl, Bleed. You know I’m only being real with you. I deserved better, you deserve better too.
Well you know I don't do Facebook! Too old to start now, probably only have like 10 real life friends who even have it! I'd be like that weird, older, creepy guy that has like 23 friends or something and 13 of them would probably be HF Boards posters!:laugh:

I do appreciate everything though! And that's a lot of f***s given by you today!:D

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Has anyone here ever played Beersbee? I've never had so much fun playing such a seemingly dumb game. You can't beat the enjoyment you get out of it for the price.

Also, you know you're getting old when you get sore from what is essentially tossing a frisbee back and forth.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Has anyone here ever played Beersbee? I've never had so much fun playing such a seemingly dumb game. You can't beat the enjoyment you get out of it for the price.

Also, you know you're getting old when you get sore from what is essentially tossing a frisbee back and forth.
youtubing now.

edit: seemed all right. Been thinking about throwing the frisbee around lately so maybe.

Last edited:

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
youtubing now.

edit: seemed all right. Been thinking about throwing the frisbee around lately so maybe.

We had some pretty amazing matches going. What was fun is that everyone really got into it.

Looking at the first YouTube vid, they are doing it wrong. You have to play the entire game with a drink in your hand, and there is only one frisbee.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
That sounds like a great deal on its face. The devil could be in the details though.

Do you have a link?

Edit: nevermind. After taxes and maintenance it comes out to about 10k per year for 407sqft. Which isn't bad if you can airbnb it. If you can't, I just don't know that I'd want to commit to mt snow 1 week out of every month. The rci selling point is kind of nonsense unless you can move on the fly regularly. Trading weeks for desirable locales isn't easy as I've tried with my parents account.

That being said, if you're like my family and like the same location frequently, go for it. I love that area.
That 10K has to be split 4 ways no? Even at $25oo per year, that's more then I'd want to spend.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn

We used to play that in my buddy's backyard but called it "Polish Horseshoes" (Pole-ish horseshoes).

The targets were empty beer bottles wrapped up in a lot of duct tape.

I'm nasty with a frisbee so I killed it.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So many women have their guard up, so where would one go to find women where they don't have their guard up. I don't know you financial situation, which would obviously affect what you're able to do.

You could volunteer at a hospital.
Join a running club/gym classes.
SPCA or similar fundraisers.
meetup.com (people getting together to do things based on interests)
My financial situation is okay, mostly for the fact that I'm mortgage free! I got a paid for place down here!

I don't like the meetup.com thing, but the others sound fine! Pretty much my interests are hockey (REALLY?!) and I like music. Certain genre's of music that are not really heard by common folks. I'm a little different, I'm a little out there. I'm certainly not your average dude my age. I still dress like I did when I was 20 (just in smaller sizes!) and I don't really live the ordinary life. I'm not into partying or anything like that. I might look like I am if you saw me, I might act like I am if you were to see me out somewhere, but I'm definitely still living like a kid, I just don't live with my grandparents anymore! And I have to clean up after myself and the pets!:D

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I just wanted to let you guys know, I'm back! I never really went away, but I slowed down on posting! I feel like I've posted more today than any other day since last weekend! And I'm gonna keep posting and go back to how I normally did, provided there's stuff to talk about. There doesn't seem to be much to talk about, but I'll start an argument about Lucic or something, just to keep some conversation going around here!

I think right now, I'm gonna go to the main board and I'm gonna start an argument over there in some existing thread. Probably about some crap goalie that people are jocking or maybe a ''Martin Jones is not an elite goaltender'' rant. Something like that!

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
That 10K has to be split 4 ways no? Even at $25oo per year, that's more then I'd want to spend.
I was assuming it's just for your 1/4 but I could be wrong. 2500 for the quarter does seem dirt cheap to be on the resort though. You'd get your money's worth by just going up for 2-3 weeks.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
wtf is with this site this week? i get attacked by a chevy drop down ad at the top and now at the bottom im getting hit too!

Reactions: Jabs102501

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
wtf is with this site this week? i get attacked by a chevy drop down ad at the top and now at the bottom im getting hit too!
metapost:
upload_2018-7-24_11-40-22.png

Reactions: Darkauron

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Well it's official, I'm trying out for the team. Hands and shot are still there, going to need to do a ton of conditioning though. I'm a better skater now than when I played when I was younger, but the wheels are definitely slower. Apparently there are 30 kids going out of the team.

I'll feel a little guilty if a kid that has more time to dedicate to this gets cut because of me. Truthfully, I'm winging it right now. Law school is really intense and if I'm honest, I don't know if I have what it takes to juggle the two of them. Practices are twice a week and maybe two games on the weekends.

Good news is my friend in the law school is also going to play even though he doesn't seem nearly as worried about the juggling as I am.

Reactions: OmNomNom

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Well it's official, I'm trying out for the team. Hands and shot are still there, going to need to do a ton of conditioning though. I'm a better skater now than when I played when I was younger, but the wheels are definitely slower. Apparently there are 30 kids going out of the team.

I'll feel a little guilty if a kid that has more time to dedicate to this gets cut because of me. Truthfully, I'm winging it right now. Law school is really intense and if I'm honest, I don't know if I have what it takes to juggle the two of them. Practices are twice a week and maybe two games on the weekends.

Good news is my friend in the law school is also going to play even though he doesn't seem nearly as worried about the juggling as I am.
don't feel guilty. if they can't outskate and outplay someone in their 30s who's juggling law school, then they aren't playing hard enough.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Worrying about parking, border crossing, and traffic is for the birds.

Parking in Montreal couldnt be simpler, the border crossing is only a few minutes (sometime seconds) unless it's a holiday weekend, and there's pretty much no traffic unless you leave during or hit rush hour in NYC, Albany or Montreal. C'est simple.

My long time dream has been to buy some land in northern vt, which would serve as a ski getaway/hopping point to Mtl. And since that is a long drive even to northern VT, we have stopped and camped on the way up in the past.At this point nothing really stopping me from following through. Just need to pull the trigger.

As long as you dont mind being >=20 minutes from a ski area, there's very cheap places up there. My fiance's niece, who is 21, just bought a place for $94,000 in Swanton, granted it's just a 2BR, but that's all you'd need for a ski crash pad. There are crazy cheap places relatively close to Jay Peak too since there's no economy up there. Best tree skiing in Vermont.

Side note, quarter share slope side condo's for sale at Mount Snow for $7 grand.

Meh.... Go big or go home. Mount Snow (or any s.VT ski area) is lame compared to n.VT.

I was fortunate enough to spend a week every summer and winter at smugglers notch growing up.

Now we're talking. Second best tree skiing in Vermont. My favorite all-around ski area probably.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Parking in Montreal couldnt be simpler, the border crossing is only a few minutes (sometime seconds) unless it's a holiday weekend, and there's pretty much no traffic unless you leave during or hit rush hour in NYC, Albany or Montreal. C'est simple.

As long as you dont mind being >=20 minutes from a ski area, there's very cheap places up there. My fiance's niece, who is 21, just bought a place for $94,000 in Swanton, granted it's just a 2BR, but that's all you'd need for a ski crash pad. There are crazy cheap places relatively close to Jay Peak too since there's no economy up there. Best tree skiing in Vermont.

Meh.... Go big or go home. Mount Snow (or any s.VT ski area) is lame compared to n.VT.

Now we're talking. Second best tree skiing in Vermont. My favorite all-around ski area probably.
Sorry man, still all about flying. It takes all kinds.

Spot on about Jay's trees and smuggs being the best all around. I know people bitch and moan about smuggs lifts, and I used to be one of them, but now I appreciate how wide open they keep the trails compared to stowe and sugarbush.

But you are very wrong about mt snow. A) unless it's a huge dump, I prefer driving 3.5 hours as opposed to 6.5 or more if it's only 1-3 days, and B) I enjoy the park as much as the trees and mt snows is world class.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

there's a 3 acre lot 5 minutes down the road from jay for like 30K, near the jvi and country store. Great spot. I don't even care about a house. I'll build a barn real quick, maybe park a mobile home, live like a caveman.

And I agree I'm prob not buying in southern vt, I do like that it's closer that does carry weight, but a big part of wanting to buy up there is being able to go for 3 weeks at a stretch, so I want the best skiing option.

Sorry man, still all about flying. It takes all kinds.

Spot on about Jay's trees and smuggs being the best all around. I know people ***** and moan about smuggs lifts, and I used to be one of them, but now I appreciate how wide open they keep the trails compared to stowe and sugarbush.

But you are very wrong about mt snow. A) unless it's a huge dump, I prefer driving 3.5 hours as opposed to 6.5 or more if it's only 1-3 days, and B) I enjoy the park as much as the trees and mt snows is world class.
Speaking for BG here, but I don't think he is a park guy, so the more snow days and the more vertical of northern vt has more sway.

But for myself I do like park riding, day trips to vernon or camelback, where they have good parks, warmer temps and night riding, are good fun. A more straight fwd skier looking for natural terrain and real snow drive right past them places.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
there's a 3 acre lot 5 minutes down the road from jay for like 30K, near the jvi and country store. Great spot. I don't even care about a house. I'll build a barn real quick, maybe park a mobile home, live like a caveman.

And I agree I'm prob not buying in southern vt, I do like that it's closer that does carry weight, but a big part of wanting to buy up there is being able to go for 3 weeks at a stretch, so I want the best skiing
Now you have me looking.

Want to go halfsies on a 15 acre lot near smuggs for 50k?

:laugh:

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
driving to montreal is the move from north jersey/nyc. i've done it myself, and i gotta agree with bg that by the time you commute to the airport, go through security, wait at your gate, and taxi, you would be well past albany on the northway at that point had you just driven.

montreal is close enough where the price of your airfare and the hassle of flying just isn't worth it [if you have access to a car].
I've done the trip to Montreal from Long Island. It's actually a nice drive and crossing the border is much easier than you expect.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Looks like vanderbeek resigned from his head coach position at Somerville High Schools football team.

Reason isn't clear as to why yet. He really did a great job turning that program around, it's just not clear if he did it legally or not. I've heard some accusations that he paid players to transfer to Somerville. That could just be salty rivals making stuff up though

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Anyone here stream on Twitch? I've been really into watching speedrunners lately and it really makes me want to start streaming. I already play a ton of games so why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad