OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 190: Terrorists, Wild Trout, Microbeers, and Stuff

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
This may be the worst White House press briefing I've ever seen. Jay Carney is melting. Way too many scandals to simultaneously defend.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
So what is the biggest news story on CNN.com right now....

New Drones X-47B? Use of Drones? Targeting American citizens with Drones? Nahhh not important.

Justice Department spies on AP reporters and gathers personal phone conversations? Nope. To pedestrian for CNN.

IRS targeting political enemies? Nope....That's just how politics is played.

Change of Talking points over Benghazi? Not that either....There is no there there apparently.

CNN Quality News for the Masses.

Well, CNN is always protecting Obama, but they're now out of consensus if you're watching the White House press conference right now. In 4.5 years I've never seen this Obama-loving American media go into attack mode like this. If you close your eyes, you'd think Bush must be president they're attacking so hard.

There are just way too many scandals for Obama to defend right now. Using the IRS to go after Republicans/Republican groups, the Anti-Freedom of Speech going after the media with this AP nonsense, and of course, the Benghazi cover-up, etc....

Now I'm just left wondering how they'll neatly dismiss all this, lol. Wait for The New York Times to excuse each separate scandal, and quietly follow their lead is my best guess!

You don't consider this an appalling exploitation of the disabled purely for profit? :sarcasm: I smell an IRS audit coming.
Facebook moms are gonna riot.

I think it's sad and pathetic on the families who pay the $1000 part, and I think it sets a terrible example for one's family. I also simultaneously think it's ingenious on the businesses part, and wish I had thought of it when I lived down there.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Hey man, who cares!!!! The Fed wants to lower the blood alcohol level from .08 to .05!!!! What a travesty...My God, what about my rights! I'm going to change my avatar to .005 crossed out.

Front Page and center.

http://www.cnn.com/

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/14/us/ntsb-blood-alcohol/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

The Huffington Post is even funnier (though to be fair I dont think intellectuals exactly consider that a source of news), their home page top story right now with all this major news negative to Obama breaking today is......... wait for it........ wait for it......

Why Werent The Wall Street Banks Prosecuted.

ROTFLMAO :biglaugh:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
The Huffington Post is even funnier (though to be fair I dont think intellectuals exactly consider that a source of news), their home page top story right now with all this major news negative to Obama breaking today is......... wait for it........ wait for it......

Why Werent The Wall Street Banks Prosecuted.

ROTFLMAO :biglaugh:

That is funny. But at least you know where they are coming from...Unlike a more mainstream outlet that works under a cloak of credibility

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
wait, isn't phone tapping the liberal AP considered a great thing by conservatives? I'm confused... Patriot Act in motion. Balances out the holdup of the tax exempt status of Tea Party named groups by the IRS doesn't it?

Here you go Jim. Wear it with pride.

bac_zps9fcdce06.jpg

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
i dont get it...cnn has a 'breaking news' link atop their homepage with the IRS story...whats the problem? hard to blame a news outlet if you dont know how websites work

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
wait, isn't phone tapping the liberal AP considered a great thing by conservatives? I'm confused... Patriot Act in motion. Balances out the holdup of the tax exempt status of Tea Party named groups by the IRS doesn't it?

Here you go Jim. Wear it with pride.

bac_zps9fcdce06.jpg

I'm not being a smart-ass...I'm honestly curious ....do you know if the subpoena power they are claiming came from a Patriot Act statute? Would be interesting if it was...Not in a good way.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
I don't know. I just know we lost half our personal rights if not more whenever they want to ignore them under that disaster of legislation and it's offshoots/extensions. Basically it's the trump card for any activity they don't want to channel through normal (due) process. I expect it will be cited as the parachute to save butts when the real details come out. "Investigating AP sources" which were unnamed for a reason. Drone attacks on US citizens, wiretapping, detainment without due process, all part of that sweeping act's powers. What was sold as a tool against terror was actually a big pair of scissors to cut up the bill of rights. Used in it's purest form - sure it's a good thing. How often is something that powerful not misused or abused? There's plenty of documentation about it on the web - section II is the most scary for me as a citizen. Incredible amounts of information are requested under the act and it was just extended again by Obama for 4 years in 2011.

http://epic.org/privacy/

Plenty to read there if you want about privacy, domestic surveillance, drone use in the US and so on.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
how many references? count 'em

353884g.jpg

nahhh its all about DWI's, which is not important even a little

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Used in it's purest form - sure it's a good thing. How often is something that powerful not misused or abused?

Definitely have to agree.

In other news, Obama actually gave this "dont believe people who tell you not to trust the government" speech to college kids just 1 week ago in Ohio.

This really happened, not doctored tape, not a post-fact Onion spoof.

how many references? count 'em nahhh its all about DWI's, which is not important even a little

You dont understand how it works. Read up on "below the fold" journalism.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
They started the dismantling of the roller coaster in seaside today

2013-03-27T204535Z_201961413_GM1E93S0CFU01_RTRMADP_3_USA-STORM-SANDY-REBUILDING.JPG

2013-05-14T191443Z_634949321_TM4E95E15KR01_RTRMADP_3_STORM-SANDY.JPG

2013-05-14T185200Z_1713856938_TM4E95E14WW01_RTRMADP_3_STORM-SANDY.JPG

2013-05-14T182636Z_1172567664_GM1E95F06OW01_RTRMADP_3_STORM-SANDY.JPG

and Midway is back in business
919658_495344230519304_1085144317_o.jpg

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
I can't wait to get to the shore this summer. How's the traffic getting there and back if I just want to go for a Sunday?

MDW, 4th of July and Labor Day are **** shows, but weekends can really be hit or miss

Pt Pleasant, LBI, Belmar, Seaside, or Lavalette is where I usually wind up

DangleSnipeCelly

Formerly KupsforKovy
Jan 30, 2010
Rockaway
Someone definitely got murdered around the corner from me in Rockaway today. 12 this afternoon I saw the cops and ambulance pull up to the house on my way to the gym before work. 13 hours later on my way home from work there are 6 county sheriff K-9 units, 4 detective cars and 2 vans either CSI or county morgue. The house is lit up and plenty of activity inside. Freakin insane man.

I have a friend who lives next door to the house and told me that the guy was drunk and smoking pot when the cops came and a woman (guessing his wife) died falling down the stairs. They also found a good amount a pot plants in his house. He's guessing he pushed her down the stairs. The guy apparently was the neighbor from hell form some of my friends horror stories.

newjerseydamo

May 15, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
www.puck-mad.com
the USA has a 0.08 BAC level? or is that just NJ/NY?

It's actually 0.05 here, and in all honesty, anything higher really is asking for trouble. Although not knowing the drink/driving culture over there, it really is bad here and is needed, so I'm not sure how it will affect you lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad