OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 190: Terrorists, Wild Trout, Microbeers, and Stuff

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
i hate people. parking lot is full so i parked down the street and walked to the store. go into store its empty. Wtf? I look around outside and its a bunch of youths buried in cell phones talking to each other. I almost raged but at least they pulled over to use the phone.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
You know what pisses me off; people who move way left to turn right or way right to turn left!

Look, I get it, if you have a big truck you might need to move over a bit so you don't clip the curb, but if you have a Honda Civic you don't have to move an entire lane to the left to make a right hand turn! Huge pet peeve of mine.

Jersey Man

Mad Dog
Oct 20, 2008
New York, NY
So I have finally made it to the 21st century. Got my first smartphone. GalaxyS3. I don't know how I've made it this long without one, especially being in NYC for 3 years.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
So I have finally made it to the 21st century. Got my first smartphone. GalaxyS3. I don't know how I've made it this long without one, especially being in NYC for 3 years.

NYC Map & Subway
is a good app for New York. There's also a Happy Hour app for the city that some people like, but I'm kindof meh on that one.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Just got back from an 18th century brewing demonstration, and now I want to learn to brew my own beer.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
so one of god's gifts to the world (and by that i mean a member of the lacrosse team) decided it would be a great idea to set the security alarm off at 6:45 in the morning.

well ain't that some **** -cee lo voice

Jersey Man

Mad Dog
Oct 20, 2008
New York, NY

NYC Map & Subway
is a good app for New York. There's also a Happy Hour app for the city that some people like, but I'm kindof meh on that one.

Downloaded a subway map that doesn't need internet. I downloaded this one for deals called Scout Mob. My friend uses it so I trusted him on it

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
Just got back from an 18th century brewing demonstration, and now I want to learn to brew my own beer.

i keep saying im gonna try all the time. but instead of buying supplies, i go to the distributor and just buy premade stuff. purely for research....

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
i keep saying im gonna try all the time. but instead of buying supplies, i go to the distributor and just buy premade stuff. purely for research....

What struck me about it, was how simple it is.

The complexity is the fact that there's about a kerbillion variables you can play with, but the basic formula for "how to" brew beer is pretty easy.

My favorite part of the day was taking freshly dried hops in my hands and crushing them in my fingers, it smelled just like when you pop the top off an IPA.

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
What struck me about it, was how simple it is.

The complexity is the fact that there's about a kerbillion variables you can play with, but the basic formula for "how to" brew beer is pretty easy.

My favorite part of the day was taking freshly dried hops in my hands and crushing them in my fingers, it smelled just like when you pop the top off an IPA.

the smell is what hooked me. the taste is just a whole other thing, but the smell...the smell sometimes does it for me more than the taste. i know the basic formula, and to sanitize sanitize and sanitize. but ur right, the mad scientist concoctions require so many variations and mixtures and flavors its just mind bottling. i should order some hops from every continent and then add warrior at the end just for the love of that crazy **** ultimate warrior. ok that doesnt make sense but itll taste good i swear. i think.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
What a ridiculous weekend in AC...somehow I weigh 8 pounds more today than I did Friday morning.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
One of my best friends growing up will have his wedding next weekend. Pretty pumped except its a dry wedding and I'll be wearing a searsucker

Who the hell has a dry wedding? That shouldn't be allowed.

On a scale of 1-10 how rude is it to straight up not respond to a wedding invitation and pretend it got lost in the mail? Already had a discussion with some people and I'm doing it. Just curious how much of an ******* I'll come out from this not that I care because holding grudges is fun.

It's pretty bad, but they sound like jerks from your description so go ahead with your plan.

Whaaaat? 12 hours? I'm too old for that kind of stuff.

I did that on Friday. Drank all day. I'm coming to the same conclusion, I'm getting too old to do that stuff now.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
why would someone bring 3 babies onto a red-eye cross-country flight? :rage:

so as not to disturb the masses on the daytime flight. Red-eyes are usually sparse and it's night time so the babies will be sleeping anyways.

Wat - the babies weren't sleeping? :laugh:

Hot water on a napkin inside those little plastic cups and cover their ears on descent for landing will help their ears equalize and stop hurting too. If they could talk they'd be screaming "my ears hurt!"

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Who the hell has a dry wedding? That shouldn't be allowed.

I did that on Friday. Drank all day. I'm coming to the same conclusion, I'm getting too old to do that stuff now.

They are getting married at the bride's property for some reason and her family is super duper religious. Apparently they got some beer and possibly wine there and that was a huge ordeal so flask time.

And I did day drinking at penn state for blue and white weekend. Day drinking as in we woke up at 6:30 and drank pretty much the whole day until I went to bed at 4 am. :why:

onefatsurfer

I speak in code
Feb 10, 2009
Jersey Shore
so as not to disturb the masses on the daytime flight. Red-eyes are usually sparse and it's night time so the babies will be sleeping anyways.

Wat - the babies weren't sleeping? :laugh:

Hot water on a napkin inside those little plastic cups and cover their ears on descent for landing will help their ears equalize and stop hurting too. If they could talk they'd be screaming "my ears hurt!"

37573983.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad