OT: The Thread About Nothing 203

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
So some jackazz from the city shot someone's dog last night, and now the township is going to have a meeting about potentially amending the archery rules where I live.

How about we just amend the rules keeping people from the city out of Hunterdon County instead?

As soon as I read this story today, I KNEW it was going to be some moron from the city playing "hunter" and not someone who grew up in Hunterdon, even though statistically there's probably a 98% chance if you randomly find someone hunting in the county, they're probably from the county. I hope this ahole loses his hunting license for YEARS. :rant:

Works for me, get those people off 78. They can't drive for ****! Then they'll go to places like the Ken Lockwood Gorge or Round Valley and leave their **** everywhere.

BTW you have to be ****ing stupid to shoot a dog with a crossbow. No one from HC or anywhere out by here would ever make that mistake.

Take his license away and let him go hunt rats in subway stations with a slingshot and pebbles.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Works for me, get those people off 78. They can't drive for ****! Then they'll go to places like the Ken Lockwood Gorge or Round Valley and leave their **** everywhere.

BTW you have to be ****ing stupid to shoot a dog with a crossbow. No one from HC or anywhere out by here would ever make that mistake.

Take his license away and let him go hunt rats in subway stations with a slingshot and pebbles.

40 yr old guy from Kenilworth killed the dog/family pet. Very sad.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This weather is too warm for Autumn.

When I visited last month, it actually had an unseasonably cool feel at night. Felt like I needed a hoodie some nights, and it absolutely wasn't not being used to the ''Cooler'' climate. I remember daytime highs were like 78 or 79 on most days, rather than the 83 and 85 that seemed to be the average.

Now when I've looked at the weather up there, it seems both the highs and lows have been warmer in September than they were in August.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

Hunterdon County and Round Valley... damn, you are bringing back memories of my childhood

What's next, a Flemington Speedway reference?

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Went to the beach this evening with my wife and two daughters. Absolutely horrific with the flies. Gorgeous night but the flies made it borderline intolerable. Rough ocean too which was nice for relaxing.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Went to the beach this evening with my wife and two daughters. Absolutely horrific with the flies. Gorgeous night but the flies made it borderline intolerable. Rough ocean too which was nice for relaxing.

Were they those green flies, that bite you? I hate those *******!

oxman44

Dec 1, 2015
Hunterdon

Totally. I dont even want to begin to rant about pheasant hunting at the Hunterdon WMA's. But this kind of stuff outrages me. These clowns have no experience or respect for the sport, no idea what the rules and ethics are, but yet, they hop off 78 with a friggin shotgun in their hand and some mutt they found in a greasy alleyway and start ripping off rounds. It really amazing more people aren't shot.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Totally. I dont even want to begin to rant about pheasant hunting at the Hunterdon WMA's. But this kind of stuff outrages me. These clowns have no experience or respect for the sport, no idea what the rules and ethics are, but yet, they hop off 78 with a friggin shotgun in their hand and some mutt they found in a greasy alleyway and start ripping off rounds. It really amazing more people aren't shot.

I was hit with birdshot in Black River WMA in 1989. I was in a tree in the woods about 60 yards from a cut when pellets came raining down. I actually thought it was hail for a split second until I found on my clothing little black balls of lead. Lots of them. I still didn't fully understand what was happening... I was like what the hell is this?

Then I heard two guys yelling at each other...they were fighting over who shot the bird. Then it clicked... I need to GTFO of this tree right now....never went back to Black River again.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Thanks y'all. To be honest, I'm just stoked to be doing something more healthy than smoking cigarettes (What isn't) and that I won't smell like an ashtray anymore.

Eventually I'll ween down the nicotine.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
As of 15 minutes ago, I have replaced cigarettes with a vape. Let's see how this goes.
This is gonna sound crazy, but my GF quit after 30 years of smoking by reading a book (she's quit for 4 years now). She gave a copy to a friend who stopped also. It's called The Easy Way to Stop Smoking by Allen Carr.

She's been trying to get me to try it too, but I never learned how to read :D

Anyway, I figure it's worth a few bucks to pick it up and read it. It de-programs you from thinking you actually enjoy smoking. I'll probably get to it some time this year too.

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Woah... this new layout is really... weird. I have to say, I'm not a big fan of the way it looks.

But at least it's not as bad as the new jerseys :amazed:

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Woah... this new layout is really... weird. I have to say, I'm not a big fan of the way it looks.

But at least it's not as bad as the new jerseys :amazed:

I've never seen a forum like this.

The only thing I dont like so far is how BRIGHT it is. I feel like I need sunglasses.

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village

The only thing I dont like so far is how BRIGHT it is. I feel like I need sunglasses.
I'm looking in the preferences, and there seems to be a Theme setting, although the default is the only one available. Maybe there's a way to add, or they'll add more.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Believe me you're FAR from the only one with this complaint already. I suspect something will be done about it at some point.

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Has anyone figured out how to ignore a thread? I used to have a bunch ignored that I didn't care about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad