The Tank Megathread | 8 | The Tank Awakens

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Desai87

Mar 27, 2008
I usually ignore people on here or people I know that say "why would you cheer for a tank. Are you a real fan?"

Most people are short sighted and dont see that high pick now might win you a Stanley Cup down the road.

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012
So Lebrun just said if you're a true Canucks fan you should want expect them to miss the playoffs this year, reinforcing the fact that team tank is looking out for the best interests of this franchise after all :)

Unless you're a fanatic like Bowie Horvat no one outside of Lindenning saw this roster and thought playoffs.

A lot of posters on #teamtank would be #teamplayoffs if the roster was different.

Archangel

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
here is a question for anyone. If that certain Alberta team gets another first overall draft pick. will the NHL step in and do something?

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I usually ignore people on here or people I know that say "why would you cheer for a tank. Are you a real fan?"

Most people are short sighted and dont see that high pick now might win you a Stanley Cup down the road.

Yup

The two current players carrying this team were chosen 2 & 3 overall.

Linden carried this team in 1994 and was chosen 2nd overall.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
here is a question for anyone. If that certain Alberta team gets another first overall draft pick. will the NHL step in and do something?

I know i'm in the minority when I say this

But I would like to see the NHL adopt a 7.1% chance for every every team getting the first pick.

Then each team gets 7.8% and it just keeps going down.

So even if you come in last you could essentially be picking 14th if all goes bad.

NHL would be the first pro-league in North America to eliminate tanking in the draft.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Markstrom starts tomorrow, should get lit up by Aves offence, would rather Miller play the Yotes anyway.

Lebrun says Vrbata probably worth a 2nd. Would be surprised if Hamhuis isn't moved.

Benning's phone lit af right now.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Markstrom starts tomorrow, should get lit up by Aves offence, would rather Miller play the Yotes anyway.

Lebrun says Vrbata probably worth a 2nd. Would be surprised if Hamhuis isn't moved.

Benning's phone lit af right now.

Yes yes and yes. Vrbata nose dived his value by his garbage play

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
I know i'm in the minority when I say this

But I would like to see the NHL adopt a 7.1% chance for every every team getting the first pick.

Then each team gets 7.8% and it just keeps going down.

So even if you come in last you could essentially be picking 14th if all goes bad.

NHL would be the first pro-league in North America to eliminate tanking in the draft.

Not a good idea.

"The Chicago Blackhawks have won the 2016 Draft lottery"

Hossa-Toews-Terrivainen
Panarin-Matthews-Kane

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna

Team playoffs may be short-sighted, but team tank suffers from tunnel vision.

Team tank has this belief that all that is needed is a high enough pick to turn this franchise around. One player just isn't enough, and neither is one draft. Arguably the best draft pick in a decade hasn't immediately turned around Edmonton's fortunes. They are still years off.

I'd argue that 'team playoffs' are being realists, and just want to enjoy some playoff hockey in the middle of a long term slump for the franchise. The only way out of this mess is development of the youth and having players like Horvat, McCann and Virtanen turn into star players. This isn't going to happen in no-pressure hockey on a team that isn't aiming for a playoff spot. We can't just intentionally lose and hope that an 18 year old kid like Matthews is going to fall into our laps and turn around our franchise.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas

Team tank has this belief that all that is needed is a high enough pick to turn this franchise around. One player just isn't enough, and neither is one draft. Arguably the best draft pick in a decade hasn't immediately turned around Edmonton's fortunes. They are still years off.

I'd argue that 'team playoffs' are being realists, and just want to enjoy some playoff hockey in the middle of a long term slump for the franchise. The only way out of this mess is development of the youth and having players like Horvat, McCann and Virtanen turn into star players. This isn't going to happen in no-pressure hockey on a team that isn't aiming for a playoff spot. We can't just intentionally lose and hope that an 18 year old kid like Matthews is going to fall into our laps and turn around our franchise.

Yeah, we do....because we're not going to get there with this management group leading the way....we need to hope for dumb luck.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Unless you're a fanatic like Bowie Horvat no one outside of Lindenning saw this roster and thought playoffs.

A lot of posters on #teamtank would be #teamplayoffs if the roster was different.

bowie is jsut super positive. he knew this wasn't a playoff team. he just has all our prospects working out 100% peak levels taking us to the cup.

Desai87

Mar 27, 2008

"Team Playoffs" must have enjoyed the playoffs last year and would probably enjoy another 1st round exit this year if they were to somehow make it.

Remember, you are playing to win the cup. With this roster, most fans know they arent winning anything. I mean look how many ROWs they have.

westvandal

Sep 18, 2008

Well the fans want a franchise player more than a first round exit.
Right now everyone is afraid of getting the 16th overall pick every year when the team is clearly trending downward.
As it stands, the team doesn't look like i will get in, therefore what is next to cheer for? the draft!
The team itself isn't losing on purpose because that is absurd. It is not in the best interests of anyone looking to keep working in the organization.
I would hope that we turn it around as soon as next year....Matthews would be a significant addition to a team that cannot score.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC

When has anyone ever said one draft will "turn this team around"?

Nobody has ever said that though it is a piece of the puzzle. For all of you "playoff realists" enjoying watching the Sedins do their best to get this pile of **** roster into the playoffs should try to remember how exactly the team acquired Henrik and Daniel in the first pace. Here's a hint: it didn't come by "enjoying some playoffs in the midst of a slump."

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
The team is losing often and doing it honestly.

Yup. They are toast. What's disturbing is that this is their template. They will do it all again next season. Benning obviously hoping Aquilini will realize speed is an attractive trait in a top liner? I doubt it happens, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad