The state of the Habs Rebuild - The Next step

What note you give to Kent Hughes' Rebuild? ?

• A

Votes: 203 55.5%
  • B

Votes: 130 35.5%
  • C

Votes: 31 8.5%
  • D

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • E

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • F

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Even Anderson - none of the rumors were ever corroborated that he had value at that time.
I'm still convinced that had Anderson's value been really high like dunno Toffoli he would have been traded by now. Nothing point to KH holding on for a bigger return when the player's value is a 1st and a prospect. He traded everyone who had this kind of value. If Anderson's value was lower than that then his value was indeed never high. It's possible that KH said no to 2nd / 3rd round picks but i would not call that high value.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'm still convinced that had Anderson's value been really high like dunno Toffoli he would have been traded by now. Nothing point to KH holding on for a bigger return when the player's value is a 1st and a prospect. He traded everyone who had this kind of value. If Anderson's value was lower than that then his value was indeed never high. It's possible that KH said no to 2nd / 3rd round picks but i would not call that high value.

Or the only way to get the 1st was to retain on the contract which they didn't want to do.

Reactions: LaP

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
When Hughes was hired, he didn't hide that he wanted a big overpay to move Anderson (there was trade rumors for 6 months really) and there was an insider in the 2023 summer who said that Hughes refused to trade Anderson for a 1st.

Two years ago, Hughes (or Gorton*) mistakenly thought Anderson's worth on the team was higher than his trade value, when it wasn't the case.

*Gorton said he stopped Hughes from doing trades in an interview this off-season

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Doubt it. Pretty hard for Montreal to sign high end guys like Bennett. Taxes, climate and media pressure
We have a budding Sam Bennett type in our system his name is Owen Beck.
Beck is stronger skates better has a better shot just needs to improve his puck management skills.
Sam Bennett is not a High End Guy he's a perfect role playing second line guy with snarls.
I doubt Beck can match the POS style Bennett brings but he can do everything else including driving straight at players.
Beck can possibly have better production than Sam Bennett.
Sam Bennett is a perpetual interference call waiting to happen and he gets away with it so much because it's the only way he plays.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad