Blue Jays Discussion: The "So, How About Them Blue Jays?" Edition. [1.5 Games ahead of Yankees]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
If the Jays make the world series, does anyone know if the pitcher has to bat or not?

Is it just whatever rules the home team has? So when in Toronto, it's a DH - when in NL, it's the pitcher batting?

Home team rules

Jays will have HFA

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
If the Jays make the world series, does anyone know if the pitcher has to bat or not?

Is it just whatever rules the home team has? So when in Toronto, it's a DH - when in NL, it's the pitcher batting?

Yep, they play by the rules of the home team.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Nah ALDS is on Fox/FS1 this year and ALCS on Fox. I did think they used to alternate the rounds between the networks though.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005

I think only in NL parks, which would be Games 3, 4 and 6, I think. Or is the World Series 2-3-2 if it is a west coast-east coast series?

Regardless, home team rules.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada

It's the same as inter league play, the home team plays their league rules, that's been the same since the DH rule was brought in.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Here is the MLB postseason schedule for 2015:

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/schedule/ps.jsp

Obviously, on October 7, the NL wild card game will likely get pushed to SN1 (maybe both SN1 and SN360) while the SN regionals air the Leafs/Habs season opening.

Wednesdays and Sundays are probably more of an issue than Saturday. Those are the nights when the main NHL game is on Sportsnet. On Saturdays, the Leafs usually air on CBC and the Habs usually air on CITY, so we're really just looking at moving the Sens and/or Jets down to SN1 and/or SN360.

There also may be cases where some of the conflicts won't be resolved until its known when the Jays are playing. There may also be cases where they might do something like air the Jays playoff on SN Ontario as well as SN1 while airing something like Hometown Hockey on SN East, West, and Pacific as well as SN 360.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
It's the same as inter league play, the home team plays their league rules, that's been the same since the DH rule was brought in.

That's not true.

At first, the DH rule was not applied to the World Series. From 1973 to 1975, all World Series games were played under National League rules, with no DH and pitchers batting. For 1976, it was decided the DH rule would apply to all games in a Series, regardless of venue, but only in even-numbered years. Cincinnati Reds first baseman Dan Driessen became the first National League player to act as a DH in any capacity (regular season or postseason) when he was listed as the DH in the first game (he was the DH in all four Series games that year). This practice lasted through 1985. Beginning in 1986, the DH rule was used in games played in the stadium of the American League representative.

There was initially no DH in the All-Star Game. Beginning in 1989, the rule was applied only to games played in American League stadiums.[3] During this era, if the All-Star Game was scheduled for an American League stadium, fans would vote in the DH for the American League's starting lineup, while the National League's manager decided that league's starting DH. Since 2010, the designated hitter has always been used by both teams regardless of where the game is played.[4]

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Here is the MLB postseason schedule for 2015:

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/schedule/ps.jsp

Obviously, on October 7, the NL wild card game will likely get pushed to SN1 (maybe both SN1 and SN360) while the SN regionals air the Leafs/Habs season opening.

Wednesdays and Sundays are probably more of an issue than Saturday. Those are the nights when the main NHL game is on Sportsnet. On Saturdays, the Leafs usually air on CBC and the Habs usually air on CITY, so we're really just looking at moving the Sens and/or Jets down to SN1 and/or SN360.

There also may be cases where some of the conflicts won't be resolved until its known when the Jays are playing. There may also be cases where they might do something like air the Jays playoff on SN Ontario as well as SN1 while airing something like Hometown Hockey on SN East, West, and Pacific as well as SN 360.

hometown hockey is on cbc

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON

That's not true. The AL started using the DH in 1973. Here is how it has been used in the World Series:

1973-75: No DH at all

1976-85: DH was used in all World Series in even-numbered years. No DH was used in odd-numbered years.

1986-present: Same as interleague play. Use of DH determined by home team's league.

Last edited:

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
With Hutch coming back to pitch this weekend, who does he replace on the roster? Is it Thole? I assume Thole catches Dickey tomorrow, goes down for Hutch and then is back up on Tuesday when the rosters expand.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
With Hutch coming back to pitch this weekend, who does he replace on the roster? Is it Thole? I assume Thole catches Dickey tomorrow, goes down for Hutch and then is back up on Tuesday when the rosters expand.

Sounds about right.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Yeah. So? If I was really hot, I could see myself possibly doing that.

Waka-Flocka-Ok...gif

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
If the Jays make the playoffs I'll buy a bag of popcorn and dump it over my head when Price starts

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Well, good news. Here's what we're facing the next 2 series against Detroit and Cleveland: Boyd, Farmer, Simon, Tomlin, Anderson, Salazar. Only 1 good pitcher in all that (Salazar). I honestly expect us to continue this nice run through that stretch, and I am normally really pessimistic when it comes to predicting things.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Just win the series'

All I hope for. Sprinkle in some sweeps, and we'll be laughing

mikebel111*

Well, good news. Here's what we're facing the next 2 series against Detroit and Cleveland: Boyd, Farmer, Simon, Tomlin, Anderson, Salazar. Only 1 good pitcher in all that (Salazar). I honestly expect us to continue this nice run through that stretch, and I am normally really pessimistic when it comes to predicting things.

Incoming Gose hit for the cycle game to continue the trend of former Toronto players having big games against Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad