Blue Jays Discussion: The "So, How About Them Blue Jays?" Edition. [1.5 Games ahead of Yankees]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Jays are now as close to KC as the Twins (current WC2 holders) are to the Jays.

Texas isn't the WC2 anymore(Twins now), so if they lose we can still say they have that winning streak against the 2nd WC team :)

also why was the GDT closed? I thought we keep it open for like 30 minutes post game? Quick closure.

Didn't we kick the Twins and Angels out of the WC2 though before those series ended? :P

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Didn't we kick the Twins and Angels out of the WC2 though before those series ended? :P

This is true, my bad. Thus we only have a 5 game win streak against the 2nd WC now(2 Twins, 1 Angels, 2 Rangers) :D

Guess we can call it 9 though since they were elading entering the series, 10 tomorrow if we win.

5 in a row now for all games, 6 away from a 3rd 11 gamer this year

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Quick question. If the jays make the playoffs, are all games produced by Sportsnet to the end or does it switch to U.S national feed at some point? It's been so long since the jays made the playoffs that I haven't given a thought to post season coverage in years.

bpower

Aug 21, 2005
What's our record since the all-star break? It must be getting ridiculous...

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Quick question. If the jays make the playoffs, are all games produced by Sportsnet to the end or does it switch to U.S national feed at some point? It's been so long since the jays made the playoffs that I haven't given a thought to post season coverage in years.

U.S. national feed for all playoff games. However, if a game 163 is required to settle a division leader tie, I think that could be a Sportsnet production since it is considered part of the regular season.

EN4CER

Burn the Boats
Apr 8, 2013
Toronto

Good question, I'd like to know too...

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
U.S. national feed for all playoff games. However, if a game 163 is required to settle a division leader tie, I think that could be a Sportsnet production since it is considered part of the regular season.

This. Oh good god what I would give to here Joe Buck or Dan Shulman serenade me through a Jays game.

163 would be Sportsnet but no doubt picked up nationally in the U.S. too

Bionda

AL East Champions
Dec 31, 2007
Toronto, ON
Yanks are 2 games back. This team is ridiculous. I don't know how to react to a team that's such a blast to watch. Raps have shown flashes in the past couple of years.. this city is in dire need of a deep playoff run.
It feels damn good to see this team hit on all cylinders, and it is nice to see a Toronto franchise being embraced by other parts of the country, when we usually get hate, cheap shots and vitriol.

Odds to win WS: Jays (4/1), Royals (5/1), Cards, Mets, Dodgers, Pirates, Cubs, Yankees

Cubs are doing damn well, Price may be gone next year, regardless of the outcome of this season.. but, truthfully, who knows?

mikebel111*

Lowe has been a great add to.the team. Has really only had one bad outing and thats his 1st one. Deserves to have more tougher roles but whatever Gibby wants I guess. Even today he wasnt bad at all, just got unlucky today. Hope Gibby gives him.a bigger role. Has earned it with the way he has pitched

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Lowe has been a great add to.the team. Has really only had one bad outing and thats his 1st one. Deserves to have more tougher roles but whatever Gibby wants I guess. Even today he wasnt bad at all, just got unlucky today. Hope Gibby gives him.a bigger role. Has earned it with the way he has pitched

He should get more tougher roles than Hawkins IMO.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
This. Oh good god what I would give to here Joe Buck or Dan Shulman serenade me through a Jays game.

163 would be Sportsnet but no doubt picked up nationally in the U.S. too

Dan Shulman is ESPN and the only game they have is the AL wild card game.

Joe Buck, however, is FOX and they have the ALDS, ALCS, and World Series so you may get him.

Buck Martinez does work for TBS in the playoffs but they only have NL games.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
He should get more tougher roles than Hawkins IMO.

And why is that your opinion? What about Lowe makes you think he should get a bigger role?

How familiar with both of them are you?

I don't have a great deal of familiarity with either of them, but they both seem competent. And personally, Hawkins just makes me feel more comfortable. But that is purely a gut feel and not what I'd consider any kind of informed opinion.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Props to Houston for taking care of business.

2 games up, it's all on the boys now. Houston did their job, Cleveland did their job (twice.) Just keep mashing and bashing. Postseason baseball is in sight.

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
And why is that your opinion? What about Lowe makes you think he should get a bigger role?

How familiar with both of them are you?

I don't have a great deal of familiarity with either of them, but they both seem competent. And personally, Hawkins just makes me feel more comfortable. But that is purely a gut feel and not what I'd consider any kind of informed opinion.

Lowe throws harder, misses bats more often, and has a legit '**** you' out pitch.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Doesn't seem that long ago that Yankee fans were chirping they weren't nervous at all. You know, because the Yanks had three games in hand the Jays were three back in the loss column.

How's that tasting, New York?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad