Blue Jays Discussion: The "So, How About Them Blue Jays?" Edition. [1.5 Games ahead of Yankees]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
For anyone interested, I just saw this.

You can now get MLB.TV premium for $2.50 for the rest of the year (not sure if USD or CAD). It carries the rest of the season and *supposedly* the entire playoffs for Canadian residents.

Link to sign up is here.

Full thread talking about it is here.

Notes:
To get $2.50 for the year, use the group buy link posted above or in the thread (same link).
After you sign up, you're going to get spammed with an email for every member that joins (there's A LOT) - so you can either add a rule (hotmail) or filter (Gmail)... or just deal with it until the 48 hours are up. I think there's about 12 hours left.

???

I have clicked and read over both links. I don't see anywhere where it says it's 2.50 for the rest of the year. Am I missing something? I've seen: 9.99, 19.99, 129.99 and several more. Never seen 2.50.

Edit: The "buy now" option says: 9.99 for the year or 24.99 per month. Which makes zero sense.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
???

I have clicked and read over both links. I don't see anywhere where it says it's 2.50 for the rest of the year. Am I missing something? I've seen: 9.99, 19.99, 129.99 and several more. Never seen 2.50.

It's a 9.99 for the rest of the year promotion, but that first link is a group buy. If you have over 4 people, it's 75% off. Just click this link and sign up. You'll see it says discount will apply once the group is closed (within 48 hours, to allow you time to get all 4 people to sign up) - so you'll be charged $2.50, there's easily over 200 people in the group now.

Just click the link above, wait for that pop up thing where it says Join _____'s group, and sign up as normal.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
It's a 9.99 for the rest of the year promotion, but that first link is a group buy. If you have over 4 people, it's 75% off. Just click this link and sign up. You'll see it says discount will apply once the group is closed (within 48 hours, to allow you time to get all 4 people to sign up) - so you'll be charged $2.50, there's easily over 200 people in the group now.

Just click the link above, wait for that pop up thing where it says Join _____'s group, and sign up as normal.

Not sure what's up, but there is no pop up that says "join XX's group." Both links take me to what looks like a standard "sign up" page.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Not sure what's up, but there is no pop up that says "join XX's group." Both links take me to what looks like a standard "sign up" page.

When you click on the link I posted in the reply above, does nothing pop up to tell you to join a group? Try a different web browser - it should say three easy steps: Join Alexandra, start watching, more join - you all save. If it says that, that's the correct place, just click join and save.

Last edited:

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
When you click on the link I posted in the reply above, does nothing pop up to tell you to join a group? Try a different web browser - it should say three easy steps: Join Alexandra, start watching, more join - you all save. If it says that, that's the correct place, just click join and save.

It finally worked, but said I would be charged 9.99. So, no thanks.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
It finally worked, but said I would be charged 9.99. So, no thanks.

You won't be, as soon as you enter your name on email - on the top of the second page it should say:

"You, Alexandra + 2 more
Only $2.49 each
Your credit card will be charged the appropriate discounted price when the group closes in 10 hours."

I just looked at it, and it says that.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
You won't be, as soon as you enter your name on email - on the top of the second page it should say:

"You, Alexandra + 2 more
Only $2.49 each
Your credit card will be charged the appropriate discounted price when the group closes in 10 hours."

I just looked at it, and it says that.

I did that.

And it said I would be charged 9.99.

There was nothing about 2.49.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
"It wasn't even to that point. I was just worried about our middle-infield depth. Johnny Diaz has been up and down, he's had some arm issues in the Minor Leagues, we had [Munenori] Kawasaki, and Steve Tolleson just decided he didn't want to play any more."

This is a quote from AA taken from an article on MLB.com. I never realized that Tolleson basically "retired". Of course, this is assuming I'm not reading the quote the wrong way.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
I did that.

And it said I would be charged 9.99.

There was nothing about 2.49.

I just opened it in a different browser, after I enter my name and email - this is exactly what I see...

iYfPzQ2.png

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
Question for the thread:

With how stunningly good they've been (just watched Encarnacion hit ANOTHER G-slam... 5th this season for the Bluebirds) What's the expectation now? Is it ALCS? Is it WS or bust? Maybe a better question: Will you be let down and say it was a failure of a season if they lose in the ALDS?

Whats the expectation now? Love to hear ppls thoughts on this.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
This is a quote from AA taken from an article on MLB.com. I never realized that Tolleson basically "retired". Of course, this is assuming I'm not reading the quote the wrong way.

Tolleson said on twitter a couple of days ago that he's been dealing with injuries and is looking to get back. I was surprised that he went on the inactive list though without any info about it.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Saw that too.

And when I logged on (on the left side where the blue is) the next screen popped up and said I would be charged 9.99.

You mean this?
9siS6Mf.png

Read the top, and the bottom right. You're only going to be charged $2.49.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
Tolleson said on twitter a couple of days ago that he's been dealing with injuries and is looking to get back. I was surprised that he went on the inactive list though without any info about it.

Yeah, I found it odd when I saw that quote. Makes sense that he's been dealing with injuries rather than just "quitting" like AA made it sound. He was a fairly useful bench player and could mash lefties, so just "quitting" wouldn't really make any sense unless it was for family reasons.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Question for the thread:

With how stunningly good they've been (just watched Encarnacion hit ANOTHER G-slam... 5th this season for the Bluebirds) What's the expectation now? Is it ALCS? Is it WS or bust? Maybe a better question: Will you be let down and say it was a failure of a season if they lose in the ALDS?

Whats the expectation now? Love to hear ppls thoughts on this.

Anything less than the WS is a disappointment. As the past 20 years have shown you don't get many chances...

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
You mean this?
9siS6Mf.png

Read the top, and the bottom right. You're only going to be charged $2.49.

Yep. One says 9.99. One says 2.49. One says 10 hours. One says 48 hours.

No big deal, but when I give my credit card online I want to know the price and when it will be charged. My rule is simple: if I'm not 100% sure, I don't do it.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Yep. One says 9.99. One says 2.49. One says 10 hours. One says 48 hours.

No big deal, but when I give my credit card online I want to know the price and when it will be charged. My rule is simple: if I'm not 100% sure, I don't do it.

It's obvious to figure out. The top is unique to your own group (the time changes). The standard time is 48 hours, which you see in the bottom right, that time is static, it's fixed; it doesn't change, it's the default message. It says discount will be applied after the 48 hours, the top says how much of those 48 hours are left... and under order subtotal - it says discount.

It seems 100% obvious to me, it didn't take me that long to figure out what was going on.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Series win, time to go for the sweep against another WC2 tomorrow!

Texas isn't the WC2 anymore(Twins now), so if they lose we can still say they have that winning streak against the 2nd WC team :)

also why was the GDT closed? I thought we keep it open for like 30 minutes post game? Quick closure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad