OT: The Semi-irregular Music Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Here, take some mushrooms and play this on your powerful system.

You're gonna want those noise harmonics bouncing off the walls.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Here, take some mushrooms and play this on your powerful system.

You're gonna want those noise harmonics bouncing off the walls.

Good call, tom. I'll have to see if I can track a copy of that down.

I just snagged a 70s Akai AA-8030 for about $75, so I'm happy. Now, I just gotta wait for it to get delivered from the middle of nowhere, Netherlands. :laugh:

robes1

Jul 22, 2015
Awesome seeing Denudes posted in here... reminds me of another overlooked but amazing band from the late 60s:

PennDanzig

R.I.P. PIMP C
Mar 1, 2016
yo that cover is insane, lol. I've been getting back into early 90's French BM. This record RIPPPS.

Frank Gallagher

Guess who's back.
Apr 14, 2009
Pennsylvania
Going to re-do this, because it's been a couple years, and things have changed a bit
All-Time Bands/Music
Bands:
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Hollywood Undead
Anberlin
Shinedown
Blackmill

HON: Gorillaz, Awolnation

Albums:
By The Way - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Day of the Dead - Hollywood Undead
Reach for Glory - Blackmill
Threat to Survival - Shinedown
Immersion - Pendulum
HON: Lowborn - Anberlin, I'm Like a Virgin Losing a Child - Manchester Orchestra

Songs:

Street Dreams - Hollywood Undead

Encoder - Pendulum

She Looks to Me - Red Hot Chili Peppers

Roadhouse Blues - The Doors

Becoming Harmonious - The Glitch Mob

HON: Dangerous - Shinedown

Automatic - Don Broco

Current Bands/Music
Crown The Empire
Don Broco
Gemini
Shinedown
Franz Ferdinand

HON:
First Album I thought of:
Filthy Empire - Heaven's Basement

First Album I ever owned:
Tubthumper - Chumbawamba

Last 5 Albums You Bought/Downloaded:

Right Thoughts, Right Words, Right Action - Franz Ferdinand
Crown The Empire - The Resistance
Xilent - We Are Virtual
Pretty Lights - A Color Map of the Sun
Love, Death, Immortality - The Glitch Mob

5 Albums on The Player:

Play - Moby
Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness - Smashing Pumpkins
Orthodox - Beware of Darkness
Troubadour - K'naan
Mezzanine - Massive Attack

Concerts

Best Concert You've Ever Been To:
[Hollywood Undead (Second Time), I Prevail, Crown the Empire]

Last Concert You Went To:
[Sevendust, Breaking Benjamin, Shinedown]
Worst Concert You've Ever Been To:
No Bad Expereinces, really
Biggest Concert Disappointment:
Only when Shinedown didn't play my favorite song by them, but it's more obscure anyway, so I wasn't expecting it
Artist you'd most like to meet/drink with:
Flea and Anthony Kiedis, Hollywood Undead
Band that you'd love to see in concert but it can never happen:
Nirvana
Avenged Sevenfold (with the Rev)
Led Zeppelin
The Doors
Anberlin

Styles of Music:
Rock, Electronic, Indie, Hip-Hop, Trip-Hop, a little bit of almost everything
Favorite styles:
Indie, Alternative, Trip-Hop
Styles you don't listen to:
Country, Hardcore Rap

Desert Island Album (you get 1 album for eternity):

This is still so difficult.

R-3028406-1312392931.jpeg.jpg

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Awesome seeing Denudes posted in here... reminds me of another overlooked but amazing band from the late 60s:

Wanted to say, thanks for this. I think I can dig this album.

On another note, SLEEP is coming to Pittsburgh June 22, Mr. Small's.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Wanted to say, thanks for this. I think I can dig this album.

On another note, SLEEP is coming to Pittsburgh June 22, Mr. Small's.

GO. SEE. SLEEP.

I caught them when I was stateside in Chicago a while back. They're amazing live.

"Hi, we're Sleep. This is our first and last song, 'Dopesmoker'"

PennDanzig

R.I.P. PIMP C
Mar 1, 2016
Sleep rules! If you're in Pitts go headbang your skull straight out of your face. Saw them in Philly back in 2011ish? Probably the loudest band I've ever seen, with the mighty Electric Wizard as a close 2nd.

PennDanzig

R.I.P. PIMP C
Mar 1, 2016

If Delta Burke and off-season Byfuglien had a baby, it might be half as heavy as this.

Lol, YESSS. In the name & take as needed are two of my favorite records of all time. Absolute ****ing juggernauts. Also, pretty sure I got a contact high through my computer just watching that Conan video. That **** was great.:amazed:

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Lol, YESSS. In the name & take as needed are two of my favorite records of all time. Absolute ****ing juggernauts. Also, pretty sure I got a contact high through my computer just watching that Conan video. That **** was great.:amazed:

That N'awlins metal scene was pretty great in the mid-'90s.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Back on the loudest bands ever tip, there's nobody that even comes close to My Bloody Valentine. Sheer insane amounts of volume. They were so loud that the Aragon in Chicago was actually forcing people to take ear plugs and wear them during the show. No earplugs = no admittance.

Sunn O))) was similarly intense, but just didn't have the resources when I saw them to do the wall of amp thing that they did later.

Conan comes pretty close to those early Sunn O))) shows though in terms of volume and sludge. Super fierce.

PennDanzig

R.I.P. PIMP C
Mar 1, 2016
Back on the loudest bands ever tip, there's nobody that even comes close to My Bloody Valentine. Sheer insane amounts of volume. They were so loud that the Aragon in Chicago was actually forcing people to take ear plugs and wear them during the show. No earplugs = no admittance.

Sunn O))) was similarly intense, but just didn't have the resources when I saw them to do the wall of amp thing that they did later.

Conan comes pretty close to those early Sunn O))) shows though in terms of volume and sludge. Super fierce.
I was super into Sunn O))) throughout my high school years. I had a chance to see them with Attila Csihar, but at that time I wasn't that into drone, so I didn't go (wish I did). I did catch Mayhem a little while after and Attila was a damn maniac. What a show. Back on topic though, I saw Jucifer two years ago. For a two piece they were insanely loud. I guess they always bring this GIANT rig of amps to every show. :laugh: I came pretty ill prepared. It was awesome.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
So, just as a random cross-section, 20 songs from my MP3 player in shuffle mode, so you can all cringe at my awful taste.

1. Mating Ritual - "Hum Hum"
2. Golden Earring - "Radar Love"
3. Pelican - "Immutable Dusk"
4. Yello - "Planet Dada"
5. Tegan and Sara - "The Ocean"
6. Jamiroquai - "She's a Fast Persauder"
7. St. Vincent - "Birth in Reverse"
8. Thom Yorke - "Hearing Damage"
9. Tokyo Police Club - "Little Sister"
10. FMLYBND - "Letting Go"
11. My Bloody Valentine - "Soon"
12. The Music - "Freedom Fighters"
13. Escape With Romeo - "Cold Future" (f. Mattussea)
14. Megadeth - "Use the Man"
15. Imagine Dragons - "Battle Cry"
16. Eleventh Dream Day - "Go Tell It"
17. Dave Gahan & Soulsavers - "Tempted"
18. Walla - "Rising Tide"
19. Jurassic 5 - "Jurass Finish First"
20. Canterbury - "Set You Right"

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I was super into Sunn O))) throughout my high school years. I had a chance to see them with Attila Csihar, but at that time I wasn't that into drone, so I didn't go (wish I did). I did catch Mayhem a little while after and Attila was a damn maniac. What a show. Back on topic though, I saw Jucifer two years ago. For a two piece they were insanely loud. I guess they always bring this GIANT rig of amps to every show. :laugh: I came pretty ill prepared. It was awesome.

Yeah their wall of amps is ridiculous. I saw them in Chicago and they told me average load-in/out time for them was 5.5 hours. :cry:

I haven't listened to them in a while, but I always appreciated the hell out of their schtick.

Jucifer2.jpg

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

Have not heard. Recommend me an album.

PennDanzig

R.I.P. PIMP C
Mar 1, 2016
Have not heard. Recommend me an album.

Black One is probably my favorite. Monoliths & Dimensions is also pretty good. IDK for most people it's a matter of taste (or as I've been told, lack thereof lol). Definitely hard to digest sometimes if you're not into the genre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad