OT: The Semi-irregular Music Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Thanks for the site.. Good find.. I doubt you'll find many around that will agree.

I've gotten away from a lot of what I've grown up with(rock, alternative, etc) the past few years and have gotten more into electronic music. Chillstep is one of the genre's I'm a fan of. I'm still finding my exact niche in electronic music, but I find house, trance, and trap to be what I lean towards. Though I still don't know how to clasify some of the other stuff I like. I'm still learning the classifications and training my ear to pick up on them.

I'll be going to TomorrowWorld in September, and I absolutely cannot wait.

You're welcome. It's a good site, you still visit it?

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009

Went and saw Brillz last night, put on a pretty good show.

Only downside of course is that there were a lot of bro's who couldn't handle what they were on.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
Pittsburgh
My music taste is somewhat classic; I'm into classic rock and disco/funk, mostly. However, I've been discovering some modern interpretations of funk and I find them absolutely irresistible.

Anybody have any other examples like these?

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
On the double album Hooker 'N Heat (1970), John Lee Hooker is heard wondering how Wilson is capable of following Hooker's guitar playing so well. Hooker was known to be a difficult performer to accompany, partly because of his disregard of song form. Yet Wilson seemed to have no trouble at all following him on this album. Hooker concludes that "you [Wilson] musta been listenin' to my records all your life". Hooker is also known to have stated "Wilson is the greatest harmonica player ever."

JOHN LEE HOOKER & ALAN "BLIND OWL" WILSON - DRIFTIN' - 1970

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad