OT: The Semi-irregular Music Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

H382

Oct 20, 2006
I listen to http://chillstep.info/

Any fans of this site out there?

Thanks for the site.. Good find.. I doubt you'll find many around that will agree.

I've gotten away from a lot of what I've grown up with(rock, alternative, etc) the past few years and have gotten more into electronic music. Chillstep is one of the genre's I'm a fan of. I'm still finding my exact niche in electronic music, but I find house, trance, and trap to be what I lean towards. Though I still don't know how to clasify some of the other stuff I like. I'm still learning the classifications and training my ear to pick up on them.

I'll be going to TomorrowWorld in September, and I absolutely cannot wait.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

1st Jazz at the Philharmonic from '44, starring Les Paul and Nat Cole. But you only really need to hear Illinois Jacquet on sax, who ripped it from 3:30 to 6:00.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
Because a fellow Penguins HFBoarder once shared this diamond with us on Big's, here it is, for all of us, well... maybe more of us, to experiment:

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Damn. I wonder how many marijuanas Jacquet injected before that performance?

Nice pick, RRP.

Thank you sir, that was pure gold, soul shiverin' gold.

The ironic thing is that the jazz critics of the time panned the guy as a lowest common denominator type because of his crowd-pleasing squeals and skronks, but those sounds ended up being a big influence on free jazz (and he obviously had a lot of imagination regardless).

I just heard that for the first time last week and it kicked my ass, haha.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania

Ugh. I can't watch Epic Rap Battles at all anymore.

My closest friend had a friend who ended up as an extra in one of them (he has since moved back to PA because he couldn't get a career going in California).

Well, the last time I saw that person, they got high, called me every racial slur they could think of, and tried to destroy a bunch of my property.

I didn't knock him out because I didn't want to make a scene in front of my friend, but yeah. Any of those videos just reminds me of that situation now.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
But Polaris, didn't you miss on... an epic battle?

Seriously though, that sucked.

Oh & Warm Cookies, bring MOAR! Any **** even remotely as good as what you posted is thread worthy for sure.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
this grey weather and rain is the absolute perfect weather for the delgados hate lp. painfully overlooked great band

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad