OT: The Semi-irregular Music Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

Black One is probably my favorite. Monoliths & Dimensions is also pretty good. IDK for most people it's a matter of taste (or as I've been told, lack thereof lol). Definitely hard to digest sometimes if you're not into the genre.

Beauty.

How droney bad fever dream do you want your recommendation to be?

Throw me in the deep end. The most uncompromising stuff with no n00b concessions. ;)

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Beauty.

Throw me in the deep end. The most uncompromising stuff with no n00b concessions. ;)

The aforementioned Black One and Monoliths & Dimensions are great. I really like White1 and White2, which are more sort of artsy fartsy drone with some elements of bad dream psychedelia thrown in.

The newest album Kanon is pretty good too. But if you want something more accessible, check out the collaboration they did with Boris called Altar.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Apropos of nothing other than the fact that prime JB makes up a good portion of my listening these days, here's a nasty bit of live James from '69:

His best-ever band, IMHO (just before the Bootsy era).

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
The aforementioned Black One and Monoliths & Dimensions are great. I really like White1 and White2, which are more sort of artsy fartsy drone with some elements of bad dream psychedelia thrown in.

The newest album Kanon is pretty good too. But if you want something more accessible, check out the collaboration they did with Boris called Altar.

Thanks G.

PennDanzig

R.I.P. PIMP C
Mar 1, 2016
Really? He couldn't have been that old. Sad news.
Yeah, only 45 years old. Such a shame, Quest will always be one of my favorites. No official statement yet, but evidently he's had health problems for a while. He had a kidney transplant back in '08 and has been battling diabetes for quite some time.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Yeah, only 45 years old. Such a shame, Quest will always be one of my favorites. No official statement yet, but evidently he's had health problems for a while. He had a kidney transplant back in '08 and has been battling diabetes for quite some time.

Yeah, several outlets were reporting that it was complications from diabetes. :(

On an unrelated stoner/sludge note, caught these guys a few weeks back in Prague and they were tight. And the EP's pay-what-you-want, so y'know...

https://alephnull.bandcamp.com

robes1

Jul 22, 2015
SunnO))) are great, especially Monoliths & Dimensions. Can't forget about Earth though, they pretty much started the whole drone-metal thing:

Also, let's not forget this 90's sludge classic:

PennDanzig

R.I.P. PIMP C
Mar 1, 2016
SunnO))) are great, especially Monoliths & Dimensions. Can't forget about Earth though, they pretty much started the whole drone-metal thing:

Also, let's not forget this 90's sludge classic:

hell yeah! definitely didn't forget about those two albums, lol. This will always be my favorite melvins song/record. RIFFFFFFF.

PennDanzig

R.I.P. PIMP C
Mar 1, 2016
A couple songs from records I'll be spinning this afternoon while working on freelance & watching the pens game. LGP & ALL HAIL THE RIFF.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
The old Earth stuff is legend for a reason. But I quite like the new records they've been putting out- more psych than the old stuff, but it's still pretty brutal and glacial.

robes1

Jul 22, 2015
Speaking of dark and cinematic stuff, I had a dream recently where the Pens were playing this at Consol in order to spook the opposing team:

David Bondra

Apr 5, 2016
Dallas, Texas
I'm a gigantic rock fan, especially 70s and 80s rock. I love hard rock, progressive rock, and even some metal hits the spot. I will personally list my favorite bands and albums here:

Bands
Rush
Led Zeppelin
The Who
Pink Floyd
Def Leppard
Van Halen
Jimi Hendrix Experience
Bon Jovi
Muse
Yes
Aerosmith
Black Sabbath
Deep Purple
Dream Theater
Whatever Clapton was doing
Stevie Ray Vaughan

Albums
Moving Pictures - Rush
2112 - Rush
Permanent Waves - Rush
Rush - Rush
Clockwork Angels - Rush
Signals - Rush
Hemispheres - Rush
Darkside of the Moon - Pink Floyd
The Wall - Pink Floyd
The 2nd Law - Muse
Resistance - Muse
Drones - Muse
Van Halen - Van Halen
1984 - Van Halen
New Jersey - Bon Jovi
Slippery When Wet - Bon Jovi
High n' Dry - Def Leppard
Hysteria - Def Leppard
Pyromania - Def Leppard
Adrenalize - Def Leppard
Aerosmith - Aerosmith
Are You Experienced? - Jimi Hendrix Experience

SidDidNothingWrong

Beau's IcedCapp
Jan 2, 2014
Just tuned my guitar to FACGCE and am playing around with American Football/Mineral licks in honor of my depression for the current state of this team.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
It's been a tough year for musical legends and we're only in April. :help:

I must admit, I never got into Prince's music so much, but mother****er could play the guitar...and was quite the showman.

...7th edit...totally nailed embedding a video.

Last edited:

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
The Fall of Troy just came out with a new album. It's pretty sweet. It's on their site for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad