Prospect Info: The Second Overall Pick Thread: Part II (Kakko/Hughes Talk)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

Kakko is on a line with Toni Rajala and Arttu Ilomäki

They were the 1st line yesterday:
upload_2019-4-26_15-25-22.png

Started all periods etc.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Ah, that is quite many new faces. Have they made cuts or are they just rotating the roster?

I don't think they made cuts after yesterday's game. They did after the games vs Norway but this is most likely the team that will travel to the Czech Republic next week for the tournament

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
He doesn't have the absolute greatest shot but he knows how to use it properly. He has the vision to score and the most important aspect of his game that I absolutely loved and stood out to me more than anyone I have seen in a long time is his tenacious attitude. The dude is POWERFUL on the puck. He battles guys bigger than him and wins. He is hard to get off the puck and he often stops to punish players trying to take it from him. He hits. I love that he is physical AND he is skilled.
That was the question that I had about Kakko. Yes he does physically engage in puck battles, but does he bring a feeling of being ornery? When someone compared him to a Forsberg, that is where the question stemmed from. To use Shero's line, Forsberg often arrived at the puck with ill humor. Can you same the same for Kakko? I truly do not know, which is why I am asking the question of those who have watched him play far, far more often than I.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Gimme Kakko at 2, Zegras at 12, York at 17 and Dorofyev at 37. Lemme roll the dice on skill in this draft.
Counter that with the pretense that Dallas does not go to the Finals, in which case let me have Kakko at 2, Newhook at 18, Dorofeyev at 37 and Korzac with whatever pick Dallas is, Beecher at 58.

Reactions: eco's bones

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Kakko looks great. Has already made one power move off the boards for the best scoring chance so far and is giving Sweden a whole bunch of trouble anytime he has the puck along the walls.

Hes going to draw so many obstruction penalties in the NHL.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
not much defense being played there by the swedes

i like how kakko always makes a hard play to the front of the net.

hes a big dude

Well, they were out of position because of some good passing leading up to that moment. Seeing 3 seconds slowed down in a vacuum doesn't really show that

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I like how he kind of sold the short side stuff in attempt, which is why I think that defender was crashing down so hard to his own net, and that let Kakko maneuver to the middle for the shot

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
One of the impressions I've gotten from Kakko is the more he plays the better he'll get and that he'll love playing 82 + times a year.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Kakko was on the ice, on the PP, for the Finland goal in the 1st. He looks really, really good out there.

Obviously, as a Rangers fan I am excited. But as a hockey fan, there's a big part of me that feels that Rangers fans deserve for all of this to work.

The Rangers fan base deserves the same results Chicago or Pittsburgh achieved. They've been handed nothing in their history.

They represent different parts of the world, different nationalities, different backgrounds.

They're loyal. They're passionate. They're unique.

I want Kakko to be at the center of all that success.

We saw how this board reacting during the lottery. I can only imagine how it would be if we won a cup.

I want that for this board. For the old-timers. For those we've lost. For those we haven't met yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad