The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
If we get Trouba, at least our players will be safe from flying elbows. That's gotta be worth something.

Maybe we can get something from the Rangers for our trouble. What's that? Everyone's untouchable? Ah well, moving on...

Reactions: DJN21

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
If we get Trouba, at least our players will be safe from flying elbows. That's gotta be worth something.

Maybe we can get something from the Rangers for our trouble. What's that? Everyone's untouchable? Ah well, moving on...
We could get an Finnish guy named Kaapo :)

• Haha
Reactions: Dingo44

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

giphy.gif

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
I just get the feeling that the Sabres would get the "Man of the Year" Trouba and not the "makes a difference" Trouba.

:skeptic:

Last edited:

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
From all those charts and metrics the guy is who everyone already dislikes and more, Clifton is better and so is Jokiharju.

Why would anyone want Trouba here?

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
This checks out completely, yeah.

Oh Ace. I don't think my day would be complete without your snark.

From all those charts and metrics the guy is who everyone already dislikes and more, Clifton is better and so is Jokiharju.

I'd love to have a certified prick on the team. He just costs too much.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Well his metrics are similar to Jokiharju, although he is a little better in attack, on the other hand he is certainly more physical and mean than Joki, also adds a veteran presence. I don't think Trouba is a problem in the locker room, quite the opposite. If Ruff likes him (let's assume), they could replace Joki with Trouba, although he's not the type of defensive back I'd want to add to the lineup (I mean defensive play).
View attachment 893923View attachment 893924

I'd be OK with Trouba.

I think alot of his advanced stats drops last year are due to a ton more defensive deployments.

He went from a 45/55 Ozone/d-zone split to a 40/60 split. His drop in corsi is due to (predictably) corsi for events going down and corsi against events going up...which tracks with more d-zone deployments.

Reactions: VaporTrail

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Also what about foerester?
I dont think Krebs gets you Foerester but it sounds like Farabee might be available

Maybe Lindy can mold Krebs into something salvageable.

If Buffalo is looking for a speed game Farabee is a very good skater and fast.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Without a trade what do we think the 2nd line looks like?

Does Quinn move up and play with Thompson and Tuch or is that JJPs spot based on last year? I think Quinn coming back is going to help a ton. Benson - Cozens - Quinn, and JJP/TT/Tuch would be my lines if the season started tomorrow

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
I'll take Trouba. Close enough to NYC for it to be feasible for him. I do not care about his stats, he's right handed. I'd take Ristolainen back, idgaf. Trouba can't be *that* bad.

[EDIT: okay, maybe he is that bad lmao]

I guess you can put me on the list of guys who "care about handedness."

Last edited:

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011

He's insurance in case we suck again for the 14th straight year...If we're gonna be bad at least be entertaining - ala the first Nolan tenure

jcbeze

Dec 27, 2005
I'll take Trouba. Close enough to NYC for it to be feasible for him. I do not care about his stats, he's right handed. I'd take Ristolainen back, idgaf. Trouba can't be *that* bad.
I guess you can put me on the list of guys who "care about handedness."
close enough to NYC?

Nah, that would be Philly, NJ or NYI. Heck, maybe even Boston. Buffalo is not "close enough" to NYC

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
Without a trade what do we think the 2nd line looks like?

Does Quinn move up and play with Thompson and Tuch or is that JJPs spot based on last year? I think Quinn coming back is going to help a ton. Benson - Cozens - Quinn, and JJP/TT/Tuch would be my lines if the season started tomorrow
I think it’ll be Zucker in that 2nd line LW role. Anthony from xB recently had an article on him and how he’s actually a decent finisher - when paired with a great passer. IMO he could really work well with Quinn and it gives that line more adult. But I do love me some Benson, so I can be swayed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad