The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

RefsIdeas

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Not wanting to take on that risk then doesn't mean they aren't prepared to now that we can see how these players are post op.
Not a doctor, but I thought that was exactly part of the reason we didn't let Eichel get it. Felt like the disc-replacement surgery was unproven and could fail eventually. Neither surgery was that long ago, so it's long-term effects are still unproven.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Not a doctor, but I thought that was exactly part of the reason we didn't let Eichel get it. Felt like the disc-replacement surgery was unproven and could fail eventually. Neither surgery was that long ago, so it's long-term effects are still unproven.

I think it was more Eichel had already requested a trade and they didn't want to make the decision and potentially ruin his value to teams that may have been opposed to that surgery as well as why open yourself up to being on the hook for that contract if something potentially goes wrong during surgery.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
In the same article that @Jim Bob posted about every team's need is this:

Anaheim Ducks

A right-shot top-four defenseman

Another top-six wing could be in this space, as well, given that neither need has been addressed. It’s why Steven Stamkos would have been ideal, and Jonathan Marchessault was a strong secondary target. But a right-handed defenseman was also on general manager Pat Verbeek’s shopping list, and Brian Dumoulin doesn’t fill that hole, even though he should help the defense overall. As of now, it’s likely that the Ducks will have to move one of their lefties over to the right side. Cam Fowler and Jackson LaCombe can do it, but both are stronger on their natural side. While Tristan Luneau has a lot of promise, Radko Gudas is their only proven right-shot defender. — Eric Stephens

Maybe there is something to be done with Zegras and Joker.

Reactions: Jim Bob

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Yeah, somewhere in this thread, I did say that with Gudas being the only RHD that Anaheim has today, Jokiharju or Clifton could potentially be a part of a deal with the Ducks.

Krebs + [Jokiharju/Clifton] + '25 1st as the basis of an offer makes sense if Anaheim wants to offload Zegras. Or, if Verbeek wants the beef, swap out Greenway for Krebs and he might want Wahlberg in the deal.

:dunno:

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018

Yeah, somewhere in this thread, I did say that with Gudas being the only RHD that Anaheim has today, Jokiharju or Clifton could potentially be a part of a deal with the Ducks.

Krebs + [Jokiharju/Clifton] + '25 1st as the basis of an offer makes sense if Anaheim wants to offload Zegras. Or, if Verbeek wants the beef, swap out Greenway for Krebs and he might want Wahlberg in the deal.

:dunno:
For some reason I'm sure Verbeek will ask for Wahlberg. Then of course you can add Greenway or Jokiharju or even both. I just doubt that Greenway or Jokiharju can be the central figure in a trade for Zegras.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Farabee's career year last season was roughly equivalent to Dylan Cozens' disappointing season last season.

Adding a top 6 winger with a career high of 22 goals and 50 points is going to be disappointing to a lot of people.
Screenshot_20240708-173615_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

I'm all for buying low on a guy whose counting stats aren't inflated by pp

Guys with similar production at similar age, minimum 1000 minutes. They don't come available super often at 5M:

Screenshot_20240708-174321_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

Edit: and a 2500 minute filter. Sorry for the table spam but this isn't a dime a dozen opportunity. You can see some less than great players, but some team could get really lucky depending on the price

Screenshot_20240708-175344_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It would be a little weird to acquire Farabee considering he had the same neck surgery that our doctors didn't want Eichel to have.

There is a substantial difference in the amount of money owed on Farabee's deal vs. Eichel's deal. Easy.

I could see Jokiharju as a sweetener, but what is the main? And why?

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
There is a substantial difference in the amount of money owed on Farabee's deal vs. Eichel's deal. Easy.

I could see Jokiharju as a sweetener, but what is the main? And why?

I think the topic of Zegras yay or nay has been well covered in this forum. I don't think he's the only option but he's a good one and if 2025 1st + Joker worked I would do it. Not sure how much farther I'd go.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Well I think Farabee makes sense, he would improve our top 9 as a whole and there are ties to Buffalo. He's already signed for $5 million and four more years. He's had the most productive season of his career and he's still relatively young. And yet he was reportedly in Torts' doghouse.

Farabee is from Cicero, he was at Buffalo Junior, he played under Appert, and Seth spoke very highly of him.

At what cost?
I wouldn't trade him for Krebs straight up, and Lance L. had us sending a package of Krebs, Clifton, and a 2nd for him.

Makes sense but I'm still not sending a center to them for him. They'd have to add to get Krebs, which is probably why a deal hasn't happened.

I can see krebs+ for him but what is the +

My other concern is if greenway us force out of the lineup, his yrafr value goes down and we will miss his size

Zegras...as a centrr,? A winger? Does he fit what buffalo wants?

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
At what cost?

I can see krebs+ for him but what is the +

My other concern is if greenway us force out of the lineup, his yrafr value goes down and we will miss his size

Zegras...as a centrr,? A winger? Does he fit what buffalo wants?

Zegras fits in the sense he's the same age as Cozens, cost controlled for a bit, can play center or wing, and upgrades our top 6. He's also rumored to be available and does not have a NMC/NTC.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006

I think if Joker was going to be traded, they would have done it before signing him to a deal, since that gives the acquiring team a chance to sign him to whatever contract they want (longer term). As it stands, a one-year deal means no extension can be signed before January, so a team trading for him is basically trading for a rental, they can't even get the extension done before the season.

That hurts his trade value.

I think Joker is here for next year, or at least until the deadline.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Uhhhh, just saw this on the Avs board....... Anyone hearing something similar?

I don't want Georgiev. I want the Sabre to keep UPL.

www.facebook.com

Nhl trade rumors

🔄 Trade Rumor Alert! 🔄 The Colorado Avalanche and Buffalo Sabres are rumored to be discussing a goalie swap 👇 #LetsGoBuffalo #GoAvsGo #NHL #NHLtraderumors
www.facebook.com
www.facebook.com

• Haha
Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn

www.facebook.com

Nhl trade rumors

🔄 Trade Rumor Alert! 🔄 The Colorado Avalanche and Buffalo Sabres are rumored to be discussing a goalie swap 👇 #LetsGoBuffalo #GoAvsGo #NHL #NHLtraderumors
www.facebook.com
www.facebook.com
i think that’s the same site that has us trading for Brandon Carlo, with Johnson and/or Rosen going the other way. Not sure who they are.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006

www.facebook.com

Nhl trade rumors

www.facebook.com
www.facebook.com
"rumored to be discussing"

So when it doesn't happen: "We never said it would happen, just they might possibly be talking about it. Not even they were confirmed talking about it!"

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
I don't really want Zegras, he is what all our prospects mostly are, and what's on the roster; small and skilled. Think a trade needs to be Greenway+prospect+pick for a winger. Krebs is basically our 13 right now.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I don't really want Zegras, he is what all our prospects mostly are, and what's on the roster; small and skilled. Think a trade needs to be Greenway+prospect+pick for a winger. Krebs is basically our 13 right now.
But most of them aren't ready yet, and Zegras is not a first-year NHL player. He has several 60+ point seasons, he can play center or wing, he's a great playmaker and we don't have many playmakers, he's improved defensively. He can contribute right now. And he's not as small as Benson or Savoie.

Reactions: Dingo44

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Andrew Peters:
- he's been told Buffalo isn't involved with Winnipeg.
- thinks Adams is going for a defensemen but doesn't know who.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Andrew Peters:
- he's been told Buffalo isn't involved with Winnipeg.
- thinks Adams is going for a defensemen but doesn't know who.

Petey has been less and less reliable. Last week we were told that they were talking to Winnipeg and that it was because the player didn’t come. Now his story is different and Adams is not talking to them. Whatever.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad