AEW All Elite Wrestling #9: Mox Aggressor Brings the Blood

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This building has a very minor league feel to it. Not sure that’s good for a promotion that doesn’t think they are one.

Reactions: Big Daddy Cane

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
Possibly unpopular opinion, I think Okada's wrestling style doesn't pop as much in AEW, my understanding is he was considered more of an in ring psychology genius than being the best at any of striking, flying or submission, and AEW seems built around the flashy moves. But he has been better than you'd expect in terms of the personality/comedy which is in some ways is actually more useful to them.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Possibly unpopular opinion, I think Okada's wrestling style doesn't pop as much in AEW, my understanding is he was considered more of an in ring psychology genius than being the best at any of striking, flying or submission, and AEW seems built around the flashy moves. But he has been better than you'd expect in terms of the personality/comedy which is in some ways is actually more useful to them.
Those who come from Japan know in the US, they only have to play the hits to be over. He is also an obvious heel so he should only be doing so much.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
Loved the arena last night. Fun atmosphere.

Huge fan of Beast Mortos. Hologram is very talented but as of now, there's nothing that stands out about him compared to any of the other luchas. We'll see if he shows something a little more interesting.

The Patriarchy 😍

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
I'm getting caught up on the weekend shows and noticed they added MJF kissing the International title while wearing the oxygen mask in the corner near the turnbuckles to the opening of Rampage.

Has anyone noticed if they have been going back and forth with the OC entrance songs lately? It seems to predominantly be Where Is My Mind but I'm confident the 6/29 Collision used his other entrance song. I am unsure if it was an accident to play the old theme or if it had been used at other times the past couple months.

I appreciate that they called them The Conglomeration for their trios match, lol

Last edited:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I'd stick with small arenas for Collision permanently. It can make it stand out more compared to Dynamite and Rampage.
Are they contractually obligated to run that show live? They have to be taking a bath on Saturdays with how low the attendance has been. No way they are making money on the gate.

The Dynamite/Rampage tapings tend to be long nights, but if they could clean it up a bit and record some shit starting at 630, then continute recording after 10, they MIGHT be able to cram in Dynamite/Rampage/Collision all in the same night. It would take a lot of prep work and logistics fine tuning, but it saves them from having to book an arena on a Saturday night just to draw a thousand people and then have to pay out the ass for a live broadcast.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
Bucks vs. Kenny/Hangman was great, but I think you'd have to be a deep fan to really fully appreciate it. I wasn't an AEW fan back then so when I watched highlights of it on YT, I picked up on all the little details from comments left by people on YT and Reddit.

Iron man match was fantastic, but I'm not sitting someone new to AEW/wrestling down for 60+ minutes for a match, same goes for MJF/Ospreay.

If they're an old wrestling fan that liked Sting, absolutely. Britt/Thunder Rosa would definitely tickle to hardcore itch to anyone who'd want it.

I'd probably show someone the Full Gear match between the Elite and Death Triangle. Very impressive displays of athleticism. Darby/MJF opener at another Full Gear is a great one too. Just about any of Ospreay's 15-20 minute TV matches, maybe the one against Fletcher in particular. Orange Cassidy vs. Pac could be a good one too.

If they wanted to sit a little longer, Kenny/Danielson and Ospreay/Danielson are good ones too although they would be close to the 30 minute mark.

Reactions: Big Daddy Cane

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Bucks vs. Kenny/Hangman was great, but I think you'd have to be a deep fan to really fully appreciate it. I wasn't an AEW fan back then so when I watched highlights of it on YT, I picked up on all the little details from comments left by people on YT and Reddit.

Iron man match was fantastic, but I'm not sitting someone new to AEW/wrestling down for 60+ minutes for a match, same goes for MJF/Ospreay.

If they're an old wrestling fan that liked Sting, absolutely. Britt/Thunder Rosa would definitely tickle to hardcore itch to anyone who'd want it.

I'd probably show someone the Full Gear match between the Elite and Death Triangle. Very impressive displays of athleticism. Darby/MJF opener at another Full Gear is a great one too. Just about any of Ospreay's 15-20 minute TV matches, maybe the one against Fletcher in particular. Orange Cassidy vs. Pac could be a good one too.

If they wanted to sit a little longer, Kenny/Danielson and Ospreay/Danielson are good ones too although they would be close to the 30 minute mark.

Add MJF/Darby from Full Gear 2021 to the list

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad