AEW All Elite Wrestling #9: Mox Aggressor Brings the Blood

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I think it is bigger than popping a rating for a week or two. That was a match with their two biggest stars trying to showcase their entire brand on a landmark episode that they hope people are paying attention to. They need more casual viewers to become weekly viewers and I think that is who they were trying to appeal to. Goes against conventional ways to build a feud certainly.
It was the first time in a long time where I didnt hit the fast forward button for a full hour of professional wrestling.

An odd choice for sure, but it felt like a huge success to me.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
It was the first time in a long time where I didnt hit the fast forward button for a full hour of professional wrestling.

An odd choice for sure, but it felt like a huge success to me.

God knows I've been critical of AEW but they hit it out of the park last night.

Reactions: TD Charlie

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
I watch the other company too so it's too many hours of wrestling each week causing me to skip through the first half of most matches since they are usually two segments then begin watching at some point after the commercial break however I watched MJF vs Ospreay bell to bell. Glorious. Fantastic.

I found the Mariah May segment disappointing. Unsure if it was the quiet crowd early in the promo or its placement on the broadcast or what but it felt like something was missing. In my mind it was going to be as impactful as the MJF promo after he destroyed Garcia however it didn't hit me the same. Maybe it was the crowd, maybe it was when the promo happened, maybe it was the delivery, maybe it was the lines, maybe my brain stopped functioning at some point during the opening bout, I don't know, but it kind of fell flat with me. The arc with her and Storm has been enjoyable albeit predictable other than the exact moment in time the turn was coming so it's not the people or the story it was something about last night.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I do agree that Mariahs promo was off...I do think the crowd hadn't come back down yet.

I also was hoping for a more impactful promo tying the story together and how she came about what she did...needed a better why than "you all saw it coming"

Still looking forward to the match tho and if her Stardom running mate plays into it (blanking on her name, apologies)

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Why is it a joke? They are clearly setting up a rematch.

If you want to criticize them, criticize them for putting their biggest money match on free TV when they could easily have gotten 2 or 3 PPV main-events out of it. Imagine that match and that finish in Wembley? Nuclear heat for MJF.

That takes long range strategic thinking. You know they don't do that at AEW.

Slightly off topic, just read some reports that AEW might have done to Vaquer in NY what they did to Punk in London. She was apparently left to find her way to the arena instead of getting picked up by someone from AEW. In a country she doesn't know where she doesn't speak the language.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think that first hour was great, but the second hour was iffy for me.

Match was exactly what you want out of a 60 minute match. Personally I would prefer cutting like 20 minutes off, but get that the audience likes stuff like this. Bit eh about the Tiger Driver stuff, but MJF heeling to win and the oxygen mask was A+.

Jericho vortex was blah, pass. Not interested in the Acclaimed for team AEW.

Thought the Britt/Mercedes segment didn't land. Mercedes suddenly being a chicken shit doesn't feel right, and why were the security guards stopping her from running away? Messy segment.

Mariah segment was off too. I think they produced it with the expectation that there would be nuclear heat in the building and that's why the theme was cut early and she took so long to start talking. But the crowd wasn't really playing along (it is Little Rock, imagine a better market would have). Her promo itself was kind not great either, she might still need a mouthpiece.

Show was at its best when there was wrestling. Not so good stuff was story stuff

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I am seeing things again saying Becky is headed to AEW...there's no way, right? Unless Mercedes had a hand in it?

Reactions: SnS

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I am seeing things again saying Becky is headed to AEW...there's no way, right? Unless Mercedes had a hand in it?
Probably be the biggest get for AEW since they got it off the ground. More because it would hurt WWE a bit

I can’t see it happening, though i said the same about Edge

Last edited:

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
This may be her last chance to make that $$. Tony probably offers her a blank check.

Would make sense why HHH signs a couple of huge FA women in the last couple months to help cover.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
May have been some of that...it may have been "insidererrrrrrs" but I thought I had most of those blocked...I'd have to go back and try to find it again...

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
Unless TKO goes all Eugene Melnyk on her contract, I think there's a greater chance of the Sabres winning the cup this year than Becky signing with AEW, but anything can happen.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It's definitely not impossible, especially with the money TK most likely would throw around.

I just don't know, I would be surprised. Based on recent interviews it seems like she wants to move away from wrestling entirely. Cena or Brock schedule type stuff and I never got the idea she wants to wrestle around the world like Mercedes does.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
It's definitely not impossible, especially with the money TK most likely would throw around.

I just don't know, I would be surprised. Based on recent interviews it seems like she wants to move away from wrestling entirely. Cena or Brock schedule type stuff and I never got the idea she wants to wrestle around the world like Mercedes does.
With people like Becky, the money Tony can give them is not necessarily that much higher than what they are making in WWE.

If she goes to AEW it will be because she will want to try something new.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The only thing she has left to do in WWE that I think she wants is a tag title run with Charlotte

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
NXT vibe. Small crowd, but loud. They need to figure out the echo issues with the mic.

Skye Blue hurt her leg severely enough to not to be able to finish the match.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad