AEW All Elite Wrestling #9: Mox Aggressor Brings the Blood

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
Half way through that opening match, I was thinking this was TV match of the year. Then the second half hit and it might be one of the matches of the year. Incredible.

Okada/Swerve were cooking too there for a second before the brawl. Saw the Darby drop in from the ceiling coming once team AEW lined up like that. Was just hoping it wasn't a free fall.

Fantastic episode.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
That was a helluva show. Feels like AEW is on fire right now (but they always are until they arent). As an unashamed Jericho mark, he's turned into an immediate fast forward of late. Nyla Rose is also an immediate skip. Other than that, kudos to TK, fantastic Dynamite. Can't wait for blood and guts. Also, as her #1 fan, can't wait for whenever Hayter comes back... hopefully All In I guess?

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Crazy that the mjf v ospreay match opened a show with 3k people in attendance on a Wednesday. That deserved a Saturday night main event 20k strong. Unbelievably entertaining. Love how they took the action into the crowd pretty early to get them into it. Pacing was insane. Yet again Ospreay delivers. Props to MJF too, for being just about every bit of ospreays equal

And then they follow it up with Jericho. Credit to him for reinventing himself yet again but I’m all set with this guy

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Easily the best episode of AEW Dynamite ever. Not a bunch of random performers doing flippity-floppity matches killing each other for no reason. Everything had purpose. Positioned the performers we saw tonight at the top of the promotion. Keep doing more of that.

I've been a big Jericho fan since his WCW days, but this Learning Tree gimmick isn't working.

• Haha
Reactions: SnS

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
MJF beating Osperay is a joke. It's the reason why I can not take AEWWE serious.
Why is it a joke? They are clearly setting up a rematch.

If you want to criticize them, criticize them for putting their biggest money match on free TV when they could easily have gotten 2 or 3 PPV main-events out of it. Imagine that match and that finish in Wembley? Nuclear heat for MJF.

Reactions: CDJ

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They can easily sell a rematch with a stip on the PPV. And because the PPV is in England, they’re not worried about the US gate.

More people saw last nights match then will see the match at All In.

Reactions: CDJ and Fro

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
Crazy that the mjf v ospreay match opened a show with 3k people in attendance on a Wednesday. That deserved a Saturday night main event 20k strong. Unbelievably entertaining. Love how they took the action into the crowd pretty early to get them into it. Pacing was insane. Yet again Ospreay delivers. Props to MJF too, for being just about every bit of ospreays equal

And then they follow it up with Jericho. Credit to him for reinventing himself yet again but I’m all set with this guy

Honestly the Jericho segment was the perfect reset after the Ospreay/MJF match. I was so on the edge of my seat that when I leaned back in my chair once I saw Big Bill, it felt quite comforting.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
They can easily sell a rematch with a stip on the PPV. And because the PPV is in England, they’re not worried about the US gate.

More people saw last nights match then will see the match at All In.
You can set up an angle on TV, but giving away the 60-minute epic seems like bad business.

That being said, I agree that the rematch at All In sells itself.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Seems like they’re setting up a bigger story with Ospreay and MJF. Something around MJFs willingness to do anything for the win, and Ospreay refusing to use the tiger driver. I’m sure that will all factor in when they have a likely rematch at Wembley. I could also see a stipulation in the near future where MJF complains about all of the long matches he’s had, so Ospreay only gets 10 minutes for his next shot.

Doesn’t matter what they do. MJFs personality mixed with Ospreays ring work will sell as many matches as they want.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You can set up an angle on TV, but giving away the 60-minute epic seems like bad business.

Every week the world is talking about is how AEW’s ratings are too low with a rights deal coming up. Networks need to draw, too.

Reactions: Fro and CDJ

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Going into the show, it looked like putting off their biggest money match-up they could make IMO on free TV to open a show was absolutely ridiculous. At the very least I figured it would be some quick match with maybe a DQ or a run-in setting up the real match for down the road.

Then once I saw it in execution, it was brilliant. They showcased their two biggest stars (by far IMO) doing what AEW are hanging their hat on (great in-ring action) in a MOTY candidate that went an hour, didn't rely on blood and dangerous high spots, and still had a finish that leaves fans wanting to see those two lock up again and again.

Reactions: Fro

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Going into the show, it looked like putting off their biggest money match-up they could make IMO on free TV to open a show was absolutely ridiculous. At the very least I figured it would be some quick match with maybe a DQ or a run-in setting up the real match for down the road.

Then once I saw it in execution, it was brilliant. They showcased their two biggest stars (by far IMO) doing what AEW are hanging their hat on (great in-ring action) in a MOTY candidate that went an hour, didn't rely on blood and dangerous high spots, and still had a finish that leaves fans wanting to see those two lock up again and again.
So, what you are saying is that they are trying to pop a rating next week? Not a bad idea, but I still would not have given that match for free on TV. Not the 60-minute epic.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
So, what you are saying is that they are trying to pop a rating next week? Not a bad idea, but I still would not have given that match for free on TV. Not the 60-minute epic.

I think it is bigger than popping a rating for a week or two. That was a match with their two biggest stars trying to showcase their entire brand on a landmark episode that they hope people are paying attention to. They need more casual viewers to become weekly viewers and I think that is who they were trying to appeal to. Goes against conventional ways to build a feud certainly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad