The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Andrew Peters:
- he's been told Buffalo isn't involved with Winnipeg.
- thinks Adams is going for a defensemen but doesn't know who.
Well, it was obvious with Winnipeg if Chevy really did ask for a king's ransom for Ehlers.

I actually think we have an unbalanced defense, so it makes a lot of sense.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Andrew Peters:
- he's been told Buffalo isn't involved with Winnipeg.
- thinks Adams is going for a defensemen but doesn't know who.
I'd be very happy if he does add a top-4 guy. That'd complete my wishlist for this summer.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
But most of them aren't ready yet, and Zegras is not a first-year NHL player. He has several 60+ point seasons, he can play center or wing, he's a great playmaker and we don't have many playmakers, he's improved defensively. He can contribute right now. And he's not as small as Benson or Savoie.
Idk if you ever watched Thompson Tuch or Quinn make passes but, yeah, they good. I certainly won't complain if they add him. We could use some Michigan goals.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Idk if you ever watched Thompson Tuch or Quinn make passes but, yeah, they good. I certainly won't complain if they add him. We could use some Michigan goals.
They are not playmakers like Zegras. They are versatile at best, but Tage or Quinn would benefit from Zegras playing with one of them, they have good shots. Also such a player would be useful on PP. I think we definitely lack a playmaker in the top 6, especially after Mitts trade.

Reactions: ceky

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
They are not playmakers like Zegras. They are versatile at best, but Tage or Quinn would benefit from Zegras playing with one of them, they have good shots. Also such a player would be useful on PP. I think we definitely lack a playmaker in the top 6, especially after Mitts trade.
Mitts was really not that good on the PP. Quinn really excelled in that spot.

Kulich Joker Greenway/Krebs and a pick? Anaheim can use roster players I'm sure. Maybe they want a center like Ostlund back. ANA needs to replace him and needs D.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Mitts was really not that good on the PP. Quinn really excelled in that spot.

Kulich Joker Greenway/Krebs and a pick? Anaheim can use roster players I'm sure. Maybe they want a center like Ostlund back. ANA needs to replace him and needs D.
Well, I meant Zegras, and about Mitts I said that he is still a playmaker.

I think Verbeek will want Wahlberg. Anaheim is also below the cap floor. So in any case, there will be at least one player from the roster (Greenway, Jokiharju), or maybe both.

Vegas perhaps ?
Pietro? Whitecloud?

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Well, I meant Zegras, and about Mitts I said that he is still a playmaker.

I think Verbeek will want Wahlberg. Anaheim is also below the cap floor. So in any case, there will be at least one player from the roster (Greenway, Jokiharju), and maybe both.
Noooo not Mark Wahlberg. Anyone else. No barn cow either. At this point trade whoever you need to get a top 6 player. Cozens can shift to wing next to Zegras for the ultimate full circle draft when everyone wanted Zegras. So everyone is happy.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Noooo not Mark Wahlberg. Anyone else. No barn cow either. At this point trade whoever you need to get a top 6 player. Cozens can shift to wing next to Zegras for the ultimate full circle draft when everyone wanted Zegras. So everyone is happy.
Or Zegras could play on the wing, there are different options. He could even play 3C with Benson and Zucker, and McLeod on LW with Thompson and Tuch,, for example or vice versa,

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
For sure. Another one who would be nice is Trevor Van Riemsdyk. The Caps are also at the cap and have Carlsson and now Roy on the right side already.
I think he would be a good pickup.

Fq9tmPlXgAIQHl4.jpg
213123.png

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
If we add a 4RHD, do people envision moving Sammy down to 5LHD to pair with Clifton/Joki?

Power-Dahlin? Dahlin eventually pulls Power up to his level. The most pedigree/prime pair ever.
Byram-new guy? New guy covers Byram's ass and lets him be rover.
Sammy-Clifton/Joki? Makes much more sense than the current Clifton/Joki 3rd pair.

PS I forgot that the Presidents' Trophy team only had one righty in the top 8 D. Long time ago, but does anyone remember how Lindy handled that back then?

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
If we add a 4RHD, do people envision moving Sammy down to 5LHD to pair with Clifton/Joki?

Power-Dahlin? Dahlin eventually pulls Power up to his level. The most pedigree/prime pair ever.
Byram-new guy? New guy covers Byram's ass and lets him be rover.
Sammy-Clifton/Joki? Makes much more sense than the current Clifton/Joki 3rd pair.

PS I forgot that the Presidents' Trophy team only had one righty in the top 8 D. Long time ago, but does anyone remember how Lindy handled that back then?
Sammy can be on either the first or third pair, but his ice time will be about the same. I think we just need to replace Jokiharju with a better right-handed defenseman and our defense will look solid.

Reactions: TheBarnIsElectric

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Petey has been less and less reliable. Last week we were told that they were talking to Winnipeg and that it was because the player didn’t come. Now his story is different and Adams is not talking to them. Whatever.

It's weird that a man who was infamous for taking steroids and getting punched to the head isn't a reliable source for inside information.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Buffalo is carrying 8 d-men on a 1 way contract currently.

They are also carrying 13F still with only Benson who can go to the AHL without waivers.

If they are adding anyone, D or F, bodies have to be going the other way.

Any move from here on out would have to be a hockey trade or multiple deals to move a body out and bring a body back.

The most likely scenario is they are done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad