The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
For the record, I didn't purposely omit the end of the sentence, I was just being lazy...
Fair enough. I tried not to assume your motivations in my response, and I'll take your word for it. Partly just poking fun at the runaway narratives.

Plenty to be critical of Adams at this point, but we should also be fair.

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
They need to remove NMC and NTCs; Buffalo can’t get anyone good because they all have protection and anyone who doesn’t is just a one trick pony that we have plenty of already or practically ancient already.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
They need to remove NMC and NTCs; Buffalo can’t get anyone good because they all have protection and anyone who doesn’t is just a one trick pony that we have plenty of already or practically ancient already.
It's almost as if there are consequences for being the worst and least successful organization in the modern history of hockey.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Please tell us your plan to get these guys to waive their NMC/NTC to come here. Beg? Plead? Grovel?
We don't even know if Buffalo was on their NTC

This echo chamber of everyone has Buffalo on their NTC is getting ridiculous. If you can't sell a player on playing for you what are you doing managing a team? Of course you can't sell everyone but I find it hard to believe Adams tried all these players and they just said no.

Reactions: TheBarnIsElectric

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
We don't even know if Buffalo was on their NTC

This echo chamber of everyone has Buffalo on their NTC is getting ridiculous.
Hertl had/has a full NMC. So he would have had to approve a trade to anywhere.

As far as the "echo chamber".......national and local pundits all agree and have commented to the fact that Buffalo is on a LOT of no-trade clauses. It's not something that is being made up on this board.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
So, apparently the interest in Necas is real (sorry if this was already discussed)

Adams all but confirmed that while expressing some frustration that the news had leaked.

“I’d prefer it not to be all over the media,” Adams said. “Start with that.”

Still don’t full understand the interest in Necas but was glad to read that he’s a good net front presence. (assuming that’s true)

Necas would be an interesting fit. His speed would be a nice addition to one of Buffalo’s top two lines, but Necas hasn’t been the strongest defensive presence during his career, and his playoff production has been lacking. But he’s a solid net-front player and had 71 points in 2022-23. With a bigger role, the Sabres might be able to get more out of him offensively as he enters his prime at 25 years old.

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
Ullmark just waived to go to Ottawa who seems a little dysfunctional from afar, is in Canada, finished behind the Sabres the last 2 years, and has a weak prospect pool. It's not impossible.

Buffalo is probably on most lists, but the ones with 10 teams, 12 teams? I'm not buying that none of those guys would accept a trade to Buffalo with some convincing. There are deals to be made.

A good GM would have found ways to improve the team more than he has. NTCs are no excuse.

Reactions: Sabre the Win

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Ullmark just waived to go to Ottawa who seems a little dysfunctional from afar, is in Canada, finished behind the Sabres the last 2 years, and has a weak prospect pool. It's not impossible.

Buffalo is probably on most lists, but the ones with 10 teams, 12 teams? I'm not buying that none of those guys would accept a trade to Buffalo with some convincing. There are deals to be made.

A good GM would have found ways to improve the team more than he has. NTCs are no excuse.
Ullmark didnt waive anything, he didnt have Ottawa on his list.

BUCKSHOT

""""""""""""""""""""""
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005

Ullmark has (only) a 16 team no trade list

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
Ullmark has (only) a 16 team no trade list
Exactly! And if he did have Ottawa on it and waived, or if he didn't have Ottawa on it at all, it shows you that teams who have been bad recently, don't have great reputations, etc. Can still make trades for guys with NTCs sometimes. Even Vezina winners.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

The story on Ullmark was he didn't put Ottawa on his list because he felt when they gave that guy he ironically was traded for that huge deal there was no way they would ever trade for him so why waste a slot (similar to Eric Staal leaving us off his list thinking a trade here would never happen and somehow it did).

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Exactly! And if he did have Ottawa on it and waived, or if he didn't have Ottawa on it at all, it shows you that teams who have been bad recently, don't have great reputations, etc. Can still make trades for guys with NTCs sometimes. Even Vezina winners.
Not sure using a goalie to prove your point is really a great example though, how many starting spots were even available this year? Half a dozen maybe? Then you have to find the team that is willing to trade assets for a possible 1yr rental, that has the cap.

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
The story on Ullmark was he didn't put Ottawa on his list because he felt when they gave that guy he ironically was traded for that huge deal there was no way they would ever trade for him so why waste a slot (similar to Eric Staal leaving us off his list thinking a trade here would never happen and somehow it did).
Add it to the list of reasons players may not have Buffalo on their list.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Ullmarks logic was they just signed a goalie longterm to be their number 1 so je assumed they wouldnt trade for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad