The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
Which is terrifying given they are desperately attempting to dig themselves out of the gigantic hole they deliberately created, which suggests there's virtually no chance the upside outweighed it..
They'd spent years before the trade trying to acquire another top 4d, which is harder to acquire than a 3c. Its not hard to understand why they felt the benefit (young top 4d) outweighed the cost (young 3c). You can disagree, but you can't accuse them of not knowing what they were doing, was all I was saying.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
They'd spent years before the trade trying to acquire another top 4d, which is harder to acquire than a 3c. Its not hard to understand why they felt the benefit (young top 4d) outweighed the cost (young 3c). You can disagree, but you can't accuse them of not knowing what they were doing, was all I was saying.
Except they're dumb to think they just need a "3C".

HE DIDN'T.
What was the part of the quote showing he doesn't want to rely on Krebs? Curious.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Unless Krebs is traded, he's going to be either the "3C" or the "4C". I think Ruff and Adams think that highly of him.

So, realistically, Adams and Ruff likely think that we need one center.
The stupidest thing is that if this doesn't work, we will have big problems in the center and we will have nowhere to take this center during the season.

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
Except they're dumb to think they just need a "3C".

What was the part of the quote showing he doesn't want to rely on Krebs? Curious.
"I do get excited about Peyton Krebs' game and where we believe he can get to, we have have prospects in the system..."

"...But we also need to think about how we get a better team now."

The part after the ellipses was left out of the quote... for some reason. It was literally the end of that sentence ffs.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
I think they add a 4C this offseason and a 3C mid season.

Adams isn't ready to give up on Krebs and wants to see what Lindy can do with him first which I am okay with. I want to see what Krebs can do in a more structured system.

but if we see the same Krebs after the first month of the season, Adams must address it.

Reactions: Irie

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005

Adams isn't ready to give up on Krebs and wants to see what Lindy can do with him first which I am okay with. I want to see what Krebs can do in a more structured system.

but if we see the same Krebs after the first month of the season, Adams must address it.
I'd rather upgrade now and worry about Krebs later. Easier to make your team better in the offseason than during the season. If Krebs shows something you can move him around lines, but depending on him is a mistake.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018

giphy.gif

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Krebs has to earn it, not just "let's try it". Yeah, in such an important season we'll risk such an important position. And if it doesn't work, where are you going to get this center in November-December, when there are no deals, when no one wants to give up their players, only for a big overpayment and everyone will twist Adams balls.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
"I do get excited about Peyton Krebs' game and where we believe he can get to, we have have prospects in the system..."

The part after the ellipses was left out of the quote... for some reason. It was literally the end of that sentence ffs.
You know why it was left out….. to get the folks riled up!

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY

Thanks. It's good to know that KA apparently does see the need, but frustrating as hell that he willingly put the roster into this deficit. It's the hardest position on the ice, the hardest type of skater to find in trade, and he was willing to blow that hole and try to fix it later...with the flaws we already know about TT/Cozens. Ruff will have to work a friggin miracle.

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
While i would like to add to the center depht, I remember very well what Ruff had to work with the last time he was around after the cocaptains left.

Who they tried at center over all those years, Luke Adam, Leino, I remember how we got exicited when we drafted Cattencci in the 3rd round.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017

For the record, I didn't purposely omit the end of the sentence, I was just being lazy...

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
While i would like to add to the center depht, I remember very well what Ruff had to work with the last time he was around after the cocaptains left.

Who they tried at center over all those years, Luke Adam, Leino, I remember how we got exicited when we drafted Cattencci in the 3rd round.
Hodgson and Ennis were supposed to be our Briere and Drury!

For the record, I didn't purposely omit the end of the sentence, I was just being lazy...
That's an important bit to leave out, my man!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad