The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
It's rumor season: Utah wants a top pair D.

Disclaimer: I don't hate Power. I think he is solid now, has more potential, and will grow into his contract just fine. I do have concerns about his non-exit defensive game, especially how it will fare in the playoffs. And my preference isn't to build through an expensive, top-heavy D.

What's the offer from Utah for Power? Could be a bigger deal from our side. It starts with Crouse+.
Convince them Joker is top pair

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
Adams is too scared to make any big moves with the guys he drafted. I have a feeling this team will be marginally better but Adams what do enough to significantly increase the playoff chances. We may sneak in as the 8 seed if things go right but as of now I haven't seen anything from Adams that shows he has the ability to give this team what it needs to take the next step.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Adams is too scared to make any big moves with the guys he drafted. I have a feeling this team will be marginally better but Adams what do enough to significantly increase the playoff chances. We may sneak in as the 8 seed if things go right but as of now I haven't seen anything from Adams that shows he has the ability to give this team what it needs to take the next step.
How do you know anyone even likes the bevy of small wingers that we have available to trade? No one really seems to have a need for a Kulich or Savoie....I'm not sure they have the value that you think they do.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
McGroarty plays a physical game, he's good around boards and the net, he's a versatile and smart player who seems NHL-ready. In fact, he ticks a lot of boxes.

But that doesn't mean it's just McGroarty. We could also get a 3C, a top-6 wing, a few fourth liners.

I think it's a lot better than trading Power for Crouse or paying 30 year old Guentzel and Lindholim 10M x 7Y and 8-9M x

McGroarty is a fine prospect.

Prospect.

If your plan to affect change to your roster is a 20 year old who hasn't stepped foot in the NHL, it's a bad plan.

I don't mind getting him as long as they are on the same page developmentally, but the idea that he is going to make any sort of significant impact is taking a huge gamble in what is a must win year for the Sabres.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
I mean 3 spots down for an early-ish 2nd is decent value. They could just have decided the value was there
I agree it is fine valuewise, but with all the talk of competing this year and trading the 1st, I dunno just doesn't seem to jive unless it is part of another deal. If he flips the 14th for a player then it makes sense imo.

Who is the big boy this year in the draft again? I can't remember what I was listening to but they were talking about a mean 6'3 guy that would go later than 11th. Maybe move down because you can still get that guy if you are tsrgetting size and grit?

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
McGroarty is a fine prospect.

Prospect.

If your plan to affect change to your roster is a 20 year old who hasn't stepped foot in the NHL, it's a bad plan.

I don't mind getting him as long as they are on the same page developmentally, but the idea that he is going to make any sort of significant impact is taking a huge gamble in what is a must win year for the Sabres.
We had Benson, 18, playing and he looked decent. I mean McGroarty is 20, he had a great season in the NCAA even with a serious injury. He checks the boxes as the type of player we need. My plan?

Add McGroarty, 3C, top 6 forward, 1-2 fourth liners. And in this regard, there is only one young player.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
There may be a legitimate excuse about UFAs not playing in Buffalo, or otherwise attracting players to Buffalo. Who would choose to play under what appears to be a clown show management team?

If so, then draft or trade for the young players that don't have such convictions yet, and just want to get out from where they are...like McGroarty. If they won't sign in Buffalo, get them early and FFS...keep them until they fully develop and contribute.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad