The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Unless the shuffling is skinner for a more dynamic offensive-focused player…that they don’t want. Might as well keep skinner!
This is so far off from any argument against Necas that I've seen in this thread. It literally has no basis in reality. Not one person has advocated keeping Skinner over Necas. In fact most people think we could use the assets it would take to bring in Necas for a type of player we actually need or multiples to fill many positions.

Necas doesn't want to play on the wing so hes not a 1 for 1 replacement for Skinner anyways.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I thought Bob was signed by Tallon, but other than that, yeah, Zito did a fantastic job.
Me too but same idea.
All those players wanted out or the writing was on the wall, big difference.

Brady Tkachuk is the face of the Ottawa Senators and is not being shopped.

Would they trade him? Maybe for a massive massive overhaul, more than it took to acquire any of those above mentioned players.
There are the “smoke” reports coming out of Ottawa…..
And if a guy isnt available, he isn't available. We get it, you want Brady.
….. not unlike the Eichel “smoke” reports from the summer prior to his trade.
My bad, I didn't even know we were talking about Tkachuk.

Although why not, wasn’t there smoke that Tkachuk wanted to leave?
Yes there was.
Smoke but no fire apparently. Staios came out after and emphatically said no way Jose.
Smoke almost always comes from agents. If you’re getting a report leaked from an agent, there’s a reason.

Of course the GM denied it.

SabresFanNorthPortFL

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2007
North Port, FL
Ottawa just traded for Ullmark. That says “don’t worry Brady, we’re going to ramp the team up.”

I’ll take Cirelli/Bennett to attitude change the team. Ruff is good with shit kickers too.

In my opinion, this team has been a bunch of daisys since Miller was run over, time to change that first.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
This is so far off from any argument against Necas that I've seen in this thread. It literally has no basis in reality. Not one person has advocated keeping Skinner over Necas. In fact most people think we could use the assets it would take to bring in Necas for a type of player we actually need or multiples to fill many positions.

Necas doesn't want to play on the wing so hes not a 1 for 1 replacement for Skinner anyways.
Again, where do you see that he wants to play center? I can’t find that info anywhere and don’t think it’s true.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
This is so far off from any argument against Necas that I've seen in this thread. It literally has no basis in reality. Not one person has advocated keeping Skinner over Necas.

What are you saying has no basis in reality? My post that people have said they would rather keep skinner than buy him out and replace him with Necas?

I don’t think I dipped outside of reality so I want to be clear before I quote posts…

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Truthfully I can't even remember where it started but it has taken on a life of its own now, sort of like Big Foot.
I’ve read every news article on him for the past several months and all I keep seeing are that he wants a bigger role, to play on the top line and top power Play. Nothing about center so I think there might be some confusion there

That’s why I think Adam‘s wants to put him on the top line and move Peterka back down with cozens and Quinn.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I think the leak about NJ offering #10 is more about leveraging other teams. I don’t think he makes much else for New Jersey so I’d be surprised if they were actually offering that.
I think the leak about us offering #11 is also all about leverage. Anyone that pays attention should know that this particular leak isn't coming from our side.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I’ve read every news article on him for the past several months and all I keep seeing are that he wants a bigger role, to play on the top line and top power Play. Nothing about center so I think there might be some confusion there
I've heard/read the same thing that Necas wants to play center. Can't remember where, but when I get home I'll do some digging.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
What are you saying has no basis in reality? My post that people have said they would rather keep skinner than buy him out and replace him with Necas?

I don’t think I dipped outside of reality so I want to be clear before I quote posts…
I was saying I haven't seen anyone advocate for keeping Skinner over Necas at least from the Sabres side (in this thread), just people not wanting Necas because (insert a, b, c, d)

I think many people would prefer Skinner gone, myself included but in trade rather than a buy-out.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I mean…most GMs can’t execute a trade right now because sellers are trying to extract max value. That’s why they almost always go right down to the wire before excepting the best offer.

I think Carolina is bluffing about being willing to keep him this season.

I don’t blame Adams for just answering the question. He probably isn’t lying that he tried to make some trades.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
That makes all the difference to me. If he insists on playing center, I don’t see him having a place on his team. The guy can’t win a face off to save his life.
Alright.

Think I figured it out.

LeBrun said:

In talking to Sznajder, he thought Necas could be a great fit alongside Bedard. He also believed Necas would prefer to play center over wing, and that has been one of the issues with him in Carolina. There just hasn’t been a perfect combination for him on the Hurricanes.
The Sznajder that LeBrun is referring to is Corey Sznajder, a reporter for McKeen's and purported Hurricanes insider.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I've heard/read the same thing that Necas wants to play center. Can't remember where, but when I get home I'll do some digging.
It's definitely become a thing, had to start somewhere even if its just from CAR inner circles and hearsay. Not sure if Lebrun had it in a report or not, thought that's where it started but could be wrong.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Alright.

Think I figured it out.

LeBrun said:

The Sznajder that LeBrun is referring to is Corey Sznajder, a reporter for McKeen's and purported Hurricanes insider.
I don’t see that as him insisting on playing center. I do believe he prefers that, and do think Adams values that can can play both, but I don’t think that’s why he wants outta there. Based on Carolina local reporters, he mainly wants a bigger role.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Trading a LHD is hardly nuts. They have 4 (5) of them: Dahlin, Power, Bryam, Samuelsson, Johnson. There's an absolute asston of money invested in LHD.

Overall they have an asston of money invested in defense. Higher than Florda, Boston, Carolina, Toronto, NYR, Dallas, Vancouver, Edmonton. The only good teams with more are Vegas and Tampa; Colorado is a push.

It's not that Power is a bad players, he's good and likely to get better. That's just so much cap to tie into a position with lower impact than quality forwards.

I don't want to see them trade Power, but I see the successful teams prioritize spending up front. If they are going to trade Power I think Utah makes a lot of sense. Not with #6 as the major piece, not sure there's a deal there.

What if SJ was feeling froggy and offered Smith?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad