The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Necas is not being shopped because he is too soft. He is the one that has reportedly asked out.
He’s asking out because he’s not getting enough ice time and opportunity - he’s not getting enough ice time and opportunity because the coach thinks he’s too soft.

Two players whose teams think they’re too soft and want them to be harder to play against and would rather move them than give them more ice time.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
He’s asking out because he’s not getting enough ice time and opportunity - he’s not getting enough ice time and opportunity because the coach thinks he’s too soft.

Two players whose teams think they’re too soft and want them to be harder to play against and would rather move them than give them more ice time.

Why do you always make shit up?

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
It says something that a lot of us dream about Wild Bill and Cirelli but the rumours are about Necas and Zegras.
I realize Bill/Cirelli likely aren't available but my opinion of the team must essentially be the opposite of Adams.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
Evolving Hockey has him at 8x8.8. They tend to be pretty accurate.

I could see that being a touch low since we lose a lot of leverage in negotiation by trading for him. Their number is only for Carolina re-signing him
Alright, I guess I’m out on him. I’d like to know how they can up with that number. Seems nuts to me.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Today is the day I learned that people are incapable of differentiating a 25 year old heading into his prime from a 32 year old slowly skating out of his.

For any Skinner comparisons…let’s pretend your acquiring the 25 year old version not the old one who lost his spot in the top six on a team whose coach was the softest guy in the room.

Then we can get to how they aren’t the same player. But at least we can start from them not being the same age.

Because if you REALLY don’t see why they’d move on from a declining aging player to replace his future production with a young skill forward…I just don’t even know what to tell you.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Why is he not getting the PP minutes and ice time he feels he deserves, if you know so much?

The guy was getting 18+ minutes last year and 17+ minutes this year... just below Aho... The reported issue was he wants to play Center not Wing. That is why he is dissatisfied

Reactions: DJN21

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
If we're going for less than ideal targets, I'd rather go Zegras than Necas tbh. There has to be something better out there to use our assets on that make sense

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
I would go Necas a thousand times before Zegras. Maybe more. There may be no limit.
The key phrase was less than ideal :laugh:

Rather not target either, but if Adams wants to make a panic move Zegras at least has more boom factor potential

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Today is the day I learned that people are incapable of differentiating a 25 year old heading into his prime from a 32 year old slowly skating out of his.

For any Skinner comparisons…let’s pretend your acquiring the 25 year old version not the old one who lost his spot in the top six on a team whose coach was the softest guy in the room.

Then we can get to how they aren’t the same player. But at least we can start from them not being the same age.

Because if you REALLY don’t see why they’d move on from a declining aging player to replace his future production with a young skill forward…I just don’t even know what to tell you.

Yeah. This lazy comparison is driving me insane as well. Necas is a stud, it is unlikely we get him, and he will be a positive addition to whoever gets him.

A young speedy offensive driver is skinner because he isn’t physically tough to play against…

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad